Vaccination

1 hour ago, Shoots100 said:

I didn't try, I posted a response.

This coming from someone that was told put a "Vaccine" into their body, from a President that can't even put a sentence together ??????

Roll up your sleeve slave, it's time for your monthly Covid jab and don't forget to wear the double mask produced by Fauci's mask company.

Their laughing all the way to the bank, sipping margaritas on their yachts, while your masked up hiding in your basement. 

You make a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.  Not surprising.

I got the vaccine while Trump was President- I'm assuming that's who you were referring to?

And, never hid in my basement and only worn masks where required.  Actually been going to work every day without interruption making sure my department is able to care for sick patients- you're welcome.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes , it is and as you say , “I draw my line wherever I want “, point being , I retain control over that - well , at least for now . At the rate we’re going though , perhaps none of us will retain the ability to make choices for themselves . Indeed , that is a scary and unsettling thought . I think you should think about what I’m saying instead of automatically acceding to whatever the govt demands and decides. 

I think for myself and decided very early on to take a vaccine against a world wide virus. No conspiracy there. I much rather take my chances with a new vaccine vs the virus. The numbers are pretty clear to me when you compare corona deaths to vaccine deaths, no matter where you get your news.

And I know the vaccine is not 100%,but 90 % or even 80% is much better than 0%. Smoking doesn't kill everyone,but your chances for opcd are pretty good if you are a smoker.

Me taking the vaccine has nothing to do with the government requiring it but my own common sense.

6 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I think for myself and decided very early on to take a vaccine against a world wide virus. No conspiracy there. I much rather take my chances with a new vaccine vs the virus. The numbers are pretty clear to me when you compare corona deaths to vaccine deaths, no matter where you get your news.

And I know the vaccine is not 100%,but 90 % or even 80% is much better than 0%. Smoking doesn't kill everyone,but your chances for opcd are pretty good if you are a smoker.

Me taking the vaccine has nothing to do with the government requiring it but my own common sense.

But it has everything to do with the governmwnt when they make you do it.

Just now, Northcountryman said:

But it has everything to do with the governmwnt when they make you do it.

No it doesn't if I already decided to do it. Didn't even enter my thoughts. 

I guess it is different for you,that's fine.

I don't know how you can argue the point that the vaccine is for the common good.

10 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

No it doesn't if I already decided to do it. Didn't even enter my thoughts. 

I guess it is different for you,that's fine.

I don't know how you can argue the point that the vaccine is for the common good.

Unless there are side effects discovered such as chronic ailments , cancer, etc. disocvered years doen the road that are directly linked to its use . Certainly, That may not be the case, but you dont know that Mike.  And IF that does turn out to be the case, you voluntarily took the vaccine so you only have yourself to blame.  If the vaxx is madatory and others did it only for compulsory reasons, then the govt is to blame- not cool in my book.

9 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Unless there are side effects discovered such as chronic ailments , cancer, etc. disocvered years doen the road that are directly linked to its use . Certainly, That may not be the case, but you dont know that Mike.  And IF that does turn out to be the case, you voluntarily took the vaccine so you only have yourself to blame.  If the vaxx is madatory and others did it only for compulsory reasons, then the govt is to blame- not cool in my book.

well,I see the vaccination efforts as coming from a place of wanting to do right for the people. 

You see it as wanting to control the people.

There may be side effects down the road,who knows. wouldn't you like to have the government to blame instead of yourself for taking it? 

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This is hysterical

Mayor Lightfoot is not seeing any indication 'there’s going to be any disruption in our ability to keep' the community safe

Based on the current state of Chicago could anything that they do really make that place any less safe? They have to already be one of the most violent cities in America.  

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

well,I see the vaccination efforts as coming from a place of wanting to do right for the people. 

You see it as wanting to control the people.

There may be side effects down the road,who knows. wouldn't you like to have the government to blame instead of yourself for taking it? 

I see it as a dangerous precedent which- despite being well intentioned (although I honestly question that, too)- may lead to further governemtal control of the populace. Of course not!! If therte are side effects that are discovered later, I wanna be one of the smart ones who refused to take it !! I wouldnt care about blaming at that point , Id just feel good about the fact that I trusted my gut and resisted the govts attempt to control me!!

13 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

If the government made it mandatory for people to eat their daily amounts of fruits and veggies, would you be ok with that? I mean it would be to the benefit of everyone's health.....right?

It all just depends where you draw the line. I take care of myself pretty well out of my own volition. I want the best chance to age well while being able to do the things I love. 

plenty of people have no control over what they eat. It would benefit all of us to eat better. 

Were you against seat belts too?

I think you can't compare nutrition with trying to defeat a pandemic that crippled the world economy. To get back to your nutrition analogy,it is like comparing apples to oranges.

22 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

It all just depends where you draw the line. I take care of myself pretty well out of my own volition. I want the best chance to age well while being able to do the things I love. 

plenty of people have no control over what they eat. It would benefit all of us to eat better. 

I think you can't compare nutrition with trying to defeat a pandemic that crippled the world economy. To get back to your nutrition analogy,it is like comparing apples to oranges.

Exactly, where do you draw the line?  I don't see where this is any different. Like you said, we could all benefit from eating better. I certainly could. Doesn't mean i want to be told what to eat. Twice as many people died in 2020 from heat disease than they did Covid. Should the government force people to be more heart healthy? Its all a slippery slope....

And the pandemic, crippled the world economy because we let it. It's been a year and a half and there were plenty of states that let life for the most part go along as normal and they were no worse off than any of the states that shut down. 

and for the record

Yes, I am against seatbelt laws, not against anybody choosing to wear a seatbelt.  Just like i am not against anyone wearing a mask, getting the shot (it isn't a vaccine) or wearing a motorcycle helmet. I want it to be my choice. In the 30+ years i have been driving I have never needed  a seatbelt. Once the law went into effect i still didn't wear one until probably my 3rd or 4th Ticket. Forced Compliance. I still don't always wear it...As a matter of fact, on my way to the bank today, i had a sheriff go by and i instantly thought, dang, I'm not wearing my seat belt. Thankfully he had better things to do.....

One thing I found interesting during rogans podcast , they looked at data that young children are less likely to have complications from covid then someone in their 50s who has both shots . Doctor gupta would not answer the question, why is it ok for him to feel safe based on the data available for his age and double shots but not ok for a childs parents to feel safe given the data proving they are better off then someone double vaxxed.

28 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Exactly, where do you draw the line?  I don't see where this is any different. Like you said, we could all benefit from eating better. I certainly could. Doesn't mean i want to be told what to eat. Twice as many people died in 2020 from heat disease than they did Covid. Should the government force people to be more heart healthy? Its all a slippery slope....

And the pandemic, crippled the world economy because we let it. It's been a year and a half and there were plenty of states that let life for the most part go along as normal and they were no worse off than any of the states that shut down. 

and for the record

Yes, I am against seatbelt laws, not against anybody choosing to wear a seatbelt.  Just like i am not against anyone wearing a mask, getting the shot (it isn't a vaccine) or wearing a motorcycle helmet. I want it to be my choice. In the 30+ years i have been driving I have never needed  a seatbelt. Once the law went into effect i still didn't wear one until probably my 3rd or 4th Ticket. Forced Compliance. I still don't always wear it...As a matter of fact, on my way to the bank today, i had a sheriff go by and i instantly thought, dang, I'm not wearing my seat belt. Thankfully he had better things to do.....

Not wearing a seat belt is a dumb and selfish choice to me. Nobody plans on getting into an accident and the downside of wearing one eludes me. 

You can say only you will get hurt but whoever has to pick up your body parts from the side of the road if you do get ejected during an accident probably did not sign up for that.

Freedom of choice taken to those extremes is selfish in my mind,I realize I share this planet with a bunch of people and I do have some regard for them.

Where  that choice becomes extreme is a somewhat fluid line that needs to be discussed.

Do you wear a safety harness hunting from a tree stand?

I think there should be incentive for people to take care of themselves through preventative medicine and it should be reflected on the monthly bill as well to a much bigger extent than it is now. But there is too much money made in health insurance to do that. Because where is the profit in prevention? It would help the country because Healthcare costs would be lower,but it will never be enacted with the health insurance companies in place. 

Edited by BowmanMike

Covid didn’t cripple the world economy, politicians did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is not that complicated.  An unvaxxed person is more likely to contract the virus.  An infected person is likely to spread the virus, thereby prolonging the pandemic and increasing the chance of additional variants.  

A person who wants to remain unvaxxed without altering their normal behaviors is making the choice to potentially put others at risk.  It's not a decision that effects only themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Covid didn’t cripple the world economy, politicians did!

All around the world? There were a lot of unknowns. You think it would have been better left completely unchecked?

I do agree there are to many people on this planet,but that would have been a little too drastic even for someone with german heritage.

All around the world? There were a lot of unknowns. You think it would have been better left completely unchecked?
I do agree there are to many people on this planet,but that would have been a little too drastic even for someone with german heritage.

Absolutely! We would have been better off left unchecked! We got the vaccine out, let the cards fall as they may, this has been a case of the cure being worse than the illness since day 1!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, virgil said:

It really is not that complicated.  An unvaxxed person is more likely to contract the virus.  An infected person is likely to spread the virus, thereby prolonging the pandemic and increasing the chance of additional variants.  

A person who wants to remain unvaxxed without altering their normal behaviors is making the choice to potentially put others at risk.  It's not a decision that effects only themselves.

And who are those “ others “More  at risk due to their choice to not get vaxxed ? 

6 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I didn't try, I posted a response.

This coming from someone that was told put a "Vaccine" into their body, from a President that can't even put a sentence together ??????

Roll up your sleeve slave, it's time for your monthly Covid jab and don't forget to wear the double mask produced by Fauci's mask company.

Their laughing all the way to the bank, sipping margaritas on their yachts, while your masked up hiding in your basement. 

Why wasn't Donald Trump able to deliver a quality vaccine?  This is a failure.  Many people agree with me.  Many smart people! The brightest.  I like smart and tough people and they all would say the same.  Donald Trump couldn’t deliver what we needed. Sad!