Vaccination

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

Why wasn't Donald Trump able to deliver a quality vaccine?  This is a failure.  Many people agree with me.  Many smart people! The brightest.  I like smart and tough people and they all would say the same.  Donald Trump couldn’t deliver what we needed. Sad!

Might want to do your homework on that one. If Trump hadn't put the urgency in vaccine development he did there would not have been a vaccine for Joe to push.

They became available in Dec. 2020 and the media/medical experts were projecting mid 2021 at the earliest if you recall.

It didn't magically become available when Biden took office.

Expanding on covid vaccines.  Polio death rate is 2% for heathy children!!! Good thing we have big government shoving their draconian agenda down our throats. I was just fine letting my kids immune system do the work. But nope!!   Big brother and big pharma stepped in for that.  Disgusting.   

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Of course I am- that is what this discussion is about.  I'm wondering if youre referring to athose greater at risk from unvaxxed when they themselves are vaxxed.

Everyone is at risk around the unvaccinated- high risk people are more at risk than the healthy. 
The point is that you are making a calculated risk for yourself by not getting vaccinated. And, you’re  making that same calculated risk decision for the people you come into contact with. 

1 minute ago, virgil said:

Everyone is at risk around the unvaccinated- high risk people are more at risk than the healthy. 
The point is that you are making a calculated risk for yourself by not getting vaccinated. And, you’re  making that same calculated risk decision for the people you come into contact with. 

Can you explain why when - as it appears - vaxxed people can develop the virus as well , and since they can develop the virus , they can also transmit to others , vaxxed or not. Im calling you on your assertion that unvaxxed people are more of a danger than other vaxxed people . Don’t get me wrong here: I fully understand my own risk by not getting vaxxed and have accepted that - my point is that my being unvaxxed is no more a risk to vaxxed people than Other vaxxed people. I mean , if you believe in the efficacy of the vaccine , then you should be protected REGARDLESS of the vaccine status of the person next to you , correct? Would you say that Colin Powell , prior to his death was less of a risk to you and other vaxxed people than I - Certainly not . Jus because you’re vaxxed does NOT mean you can’t be a vector ; in fact , I would argue that risk to others of transmission may be even higher for For the vaxxed Due to the greater likelihood of asymptomatic transmission. And , if you believe that asymptomatic people are not carriers , then what the hell are we doing and worried about in the first place then with all of these social / public Restrictions and mandates? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Can you explain why when - as it appears - vaxxed people can develop the virus as well , and since they can develop the virus , they can also transmit to others , vaxxed or not. Im calling you on your assertion that unvaxxed people are more of a danger than other vaxxed people . Don’t get me wrong here: I fully understand my own risk by not getting vaxxed and have accepted that - my point is that my being unvaxxed is no more a risk to vaxxed people than Other vaxxed people. I mean , if you believe in the efficacy of the vaccine , then you should be protected REGARDLESS of the vaccine status of the person next to you , correct? Would you say that Colin Powell , prior to his death was less of a risk to you and other vaxxed people than I - Certainly not . Jus because you’re vaxxed does NOT mean you can’t be a vector ; in fact , I would argue that risk to others of transmission may be even higher for For the vaxxed Due to the greater likelihood of asymptomatic transmission. And , if you believe that asymptomatic people are not carriers , then what the hell are we doing and worried about in the first place then with all of these social / public Restrictions and mandates? 

You can’t really be this uninformed. Everyone knows that the vaccine does not 100% prevent a person from getting Covid. It does significantly reduce the risk of infection and it does significantly reduce the severity of illness if you do get infected. I think I’m done on this because I don’t honestly think you’re being serious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, virgil said:

You can’t really be this uninformed. Everyone knows that the vaccine does not 100% prevent a person from getting Covid. It does significantly reduce the risk of infection and it does significantly reduce the severity of illness if you do get infected. I think I’m done on this because I don’t honestly think you’re being serious. 

You are correct, but what in all that makes it safer for you if I am vaccinated? I think that is the point that is trying to be made.

Imo .Now that the vaccine is available it should be left to the people to get it or not..

22 minutes ago, virgil said:

You still have not provided evidence  as to why You say that unvaxxed people are more of a risk to vaxxed people than other vaxxed people . I am NOT talking about the efficacy of the vaccine !! I’m not talking about the fact that , On average , it reduces the likelihood of a more severe  progression or outcome if infected !! Uninformed ??? Please - inform me then!! I think you know this too, that you simply cannot ; you’re done because you can’t substantiate your assertion - period !! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, virgil said:

You sound like that yappy little bitch at my doctors office , some 20 something know it all nurse who was giving me shit for my decision. Then my doctor came in and asked if i was vaxxed ,then said just wear your mask where they ask you to , end of discussion . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You sound like that yappy little bitch at my doctors office , some 20 something know it all nurse who was giving me shit for my decision. Then my doctor came in and asked if i was vaxxed ,then said just wear your mask where they ask you to , end of discussion . 

Your doctor knows you’re a fool and a waste of his time. 

Wear a mask ? I haven’t in months upon months ,I can’t believe it’s even a thing anymore . Honestly I don’t even think about the Chinese flu anymore , is it still a thing ? 

Two and half more months and Florida bound for the winter ! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, virgil said:

You make a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.  Not surprising.

I got the vaccine while Trump was President- I'm assuming that's who you were referring to?

And, never hid in my basement and only worn masks where required.  Actually been going to work every day without interruption making sure my department is able to care for sick patients- you're welcome.  

So your going to work, potentially exposing others to covid, because a large percentage of Vaxxed slaves are asymptomatic carriers of covid.

I assume your getting regularly tested for covid ?

You could be exposing patients and not even know it, but I'm assuming you already knew that.

Besides Joe Biden shipping tens of thousands of possible covid positive illegal immigrants around the country, the "I'm vaxxed, so I'm free"  attitude of Asymptomatic vaxxed carriers of covid is probably the biggest cause of covid outbreaks.

You'll never find that data though, because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Hopefully we'll get some more data on the Mu variant that's spreading across Europe, as I hear from friends serving overseas, the Jabs aren't having a great effect on it.

BMM, Common good ?

Until Trump was out of office, the Dems were touting the Vaccine was laughable and many touted publicly (VP Harris) that they wouldn't take the jab.

The Jab is just another useful tool, nothing more.

40 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

You still have not provided evidence  as to why You say that unvaxxed people are more of a risk to vaxxed people than other vaxxed people . I am NOT talking about the efficacy of the vaccine !! I’m not talking about the fact that , On average , it reduces the likelihood of a more severe  progression or outcome if infected !! Uninformed ??? Please - inform me then!! I think you know this too, that you simply cannot ; you’re done because you can’t substantiate your assertion - period !! 

They don't need evidence, as it's for the Common good !

The common good trumps science and all other forms of rational thinking.

Now, roll up your sleeve and get in line.

18 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

They don't need evidence, as it's for the Common good !

The common good trumps science and all other forms of rational thinking.

Now, roll up your sleeve and get in line.

Of course , and rather than reply to my challenge and provide evidence backing his claims , he resorts to petty personal attacks and insults - typical . Seriously , this is what frustrates me about arguing with liberals because they often do this !! Grouse is right Lol!! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Anyone in this little chat hunt this week?
Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have multiple Hunting section's on this forum, that many who post here, also post in.

I would go hunting, but I need to work for the Common Good ! 

Just now, BowmanMike said:

Exactly what I thought,a lesson the young nurse has not learned yet.

It takes time for a new clinician to learn not to waste time on people who can't be helped.  Those that don't learn how to do it, burn out.  Those that have learned how to do it can maintain professionalism, give the appropriate advice, and then roll their eyes at the 'know it all' patient on the way out of the room.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not a fan of mandates.  But, I get annoyed when people pretend that their personal decisions do not have an impact on others.

• Like 1