Vaccination

10 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Of course , and rather than reply to my challenge and provide evidence backing his claims , he resorts to petty personal attacks and insults - typical . Seriously , this is what frustrates me about arguing with liberals because they often do this !! Grouse is right Lol!! 

So,an unvaxxed person is at a much higher risk of getting covid. That means an unvaxxed has a much better chance of being a host for the virus and giving it more of a chance to mutate.

People often become contagious before showing symptons,vaxxed or not.

So by not being vaxxed you increase the risk to everyone and you help keep the virus going.

Can you contradict any of this?

So,an unvaxxed person is at a much higher risk of getting covid. That means an unvaxxed has a much better chance of being a host for the virus and giving it more of a chance to mutate.

People often become contagious before showing symptons,vaxxed or not.

So by not being vaxxed you increase the risk to everyone and you help keep the virus going.

How much is “much”? I’m not talking about the elderly or those with underlying issues. I’m talking about the average “healthy” adult.

I agree, don’t know what that has to do with the vaccine?

I don’t agree with this because it’s impossible for anyone to know the stats on how much more likely you are to get the virus if not vaccinated. If you are vaccinated you have less of a chance of having symptoms than someone who isn’t vaccinated. Doesn’t that make it more dangerous for the populous if an infected individual is walking around maskless with no idea they’re spreading it as to someone who has better chances of a symptom and stay home because they know they’re sick.

We’ll never know because the way the testing criteria is setup it’s going to give way higher numbers for those that haven’t gotten the shot and they quit tracking breakout cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How much is “much”? I’m not talking about the elderly or those with underlying issues. I’m talking about the average “healthy” adult.

I agree, don’t know what that has to do with the vaccine?

I don’t agree with this because it’s impossible for anyone to know the stats on how much more likely you are to get the virus if not vaccinated. If you are vaccinated you have less of a chance of having symptoms than someone who isn’t vaccinated. Doesn’t that make it more dangerous for the populous if an infected individual is walking around maskless with no idea they’re spreading it as to someone who has better chances of a symptom and stay home because they know they’re sick.

We’ll never know because the way the testing criteria is setup it’s going to give way higher numbers for those that haven’t gotten the shot and they quit tracking breakout cases.

it is not impossible to know.  In fact, those numbers are available to anyone who wants to look.  In our most recent briefing at work(Hospital), it was reported that an unvaccinated person is 7 times more likely to become infected than a vaccinated person.

it is not impossible to know.  In fact, those numbers are available to anyone who wants to look.  In our most recent briefing at work(Hospital), it was reported that an unvaccinated person is 7 times more likely to become infected than a vaccinated person.

Where is that info coming from?

44 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If that’s taken from every test given I would believe it. There are probably 10x’s more tests going to the unvaccinated so those numbers would make perfect sense.

I think you're misunderstanding.  Those numbers are based on percentages.  If an equal number of vaxxed and unvaxxed people are tested, the unvaxxed are coming back positive 7x more frequently.

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

I think you're misunderstanding.  Those numbers are based on percentages.  If an equal number of vaxxed and unvaxxed people are tested, the unvaxxed are coming back positive 7x more 

My mistake ,you're still talking positive cases not hospitalized. 

Edited by Jeremy K

I think you're misunderstanding.  Those numbers are based on percentages.  If an equal number of vaxxed and unvaxxed people are tested, the unvaxxed are coming back positive 7x more frequently.

When are the vaxxed getting tested? Everything I keep seeing the vaxxed don’t need to be tested. So how are they getting that many vaxxed people tested?

39 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

At work we are on our second week of testing. We have decided to stay United as a facility and most everyone is being tested vaxxed or not. So far 7 positives out of over 200 all 7 are fully vaxxed.

Good thing those 7 can't spread it, according to people here.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My point exactly, if we would have vaxxed the immune compromised and the elderly and let nature take its course on those that won’t die from getting it Corona would have been gone a year ago!

And it isn't a vaccine, Its no different than the flu shot. Vaccines actually prevent you from getting the disease....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My point exactly, if we would have vaxxed the immune compromised and the elderly and let nature take its course on those that won’t die from getting it Corona would have been gone a year ago!

That's like a perfect mix of Ivan Drago and Kayser Söze.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When are the vaxxed getting tested? Everything I keep seeing the vaxxed don’t need to be tested. So how are they getting that many vaxxed people tested?

Theres a particular group of people in this country that it makes sense to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Not if they've already had COVID. I question the contention that a vaxxed person whos never been infected has more protection confereed via receiving the vaccine than one who was infected the old fashioned way. However, very few members of the population are likely remaining in this category. 

That means an unvaxxed has a much better chance of being a host for the virus and giving it more of a chance to mutate.

Says who? If your asympomatic but test positive, that means you have the virus!! And if you have the virus, that means its replicating inside you!! /And if its replicating in your cells , it can -and will- eventually mutate leading to the devlopment of variants!! asymptomatic vaxxed people can contribute to the devpt of variants every bit as much as unvaxxed people who are asymptomatic. 

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

People often become contagious before showing symptons,vaxxed or not

Indeed, but the vaxxed popluation is far more likely to be to not exhibit symptoms yet carry the virus . Unless, o focurse, were talking about people unvaxxed and had covid, then its probbaly similar.

Nonnsense as you can see above.

Yes, see above

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Not if they've already had COVID. I question the contention that a vaxxed person whos never been infected has more protection confereed via receiving the vaccine than one who was infected the old fashioned way. However, very few members of the population are likely remaining in this category. 

Says who? If your asympomatic but test positive, that means you have the virus!! And if you have the virus, that means its replicating inside you!! /And if its replicating in your cells , it can -and will- eventually mutate leading to the devlopment of variants!! asymptomatic vaxxed people can contribute to the devpt of variants every bit as much as unvaxxed people who are asymptomatic. 

Indeed, but the vaxxed popluation is far more likely to be to not exhibit symptoms yet carry the virus . Unless, o focurse, were talking about people unvaxxed and had covid, then its probbaly similar.

Yes, see above

Why are you wasting your time trying to educate the super educated experts here ?

We were all hero's when we were needed, but fools now, because we don't believe in "their" version of science, even when their version is proven to be wrong and their caught contradicting themselves, because they don't know what their saying as their just regurgitating what their masters are telling them.

They want it both ways, because in their limited brains, it's for the common good.

What about a person thats had covid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes, see above

A buddy of mine just had the rona for the 2nd time. I use the term loosely as he loved Trump and is against vaccination. He helped me get into hunting, so we don't talk politics to keep things civil.

His 2nd round was not any easier than the first. 

47 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Why are you wasting your time trying to educate the super educated experts here ?

We were all hero's when we were needed, but fools now, because we don't believe in "their" version of science, even when their version is proven to be wrong and their caught contradicting themselves, because they don't know what their saying as their just regurgitating what their masters are telling them.

They want it both ways, because in their limited brains, it's for the common good.

Do you realize I could use your exact same arguments to try to discredit your opinion?  

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

A buddy of mine just had the rona for the 2nd time. I use the term loosely as he loved Trump and is against vaccination. He helped me get into hunting, so we don't talk politics to keep things civil.

That’s unfortunate , really - and your point is ? 

9 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Are you really going to convince someone who had it twice they need a vaccine to survive getting sick?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

My point is he was not resistant and it didn't get any easier.  Carry on gents.

Mike , your example furthers my argument that you can’t over generalize people in relation to COVID!! I have no doubt That what you say is true but by saying that , are you implying that there are no breakthroughs documented in the vaxxed ?? Really ?? You know there a ton!! That’s why I’m saying that you guys shouldn’t fall into this trap of demonizing  people Who aren’t vaxxed !!! There’s too much unknown out there about this virus still - don’t do it !!!