Vaccination

15 hours ago, left field said:

I can write slower if it helps you.

Your term, "Big Pharma", is the nickname given to world's top multinational pharmaceutical companies of which Merck is one. You're suggesting that Merck aligned themselves with the other companies to suppress ivermectin as a treatment for covid in order to sell more vaccines.

Merck would rather burn their competitors to the ground then give them a percent share of the market. And they would happily sell ivermectin for pennies to the billions of the world. They don't because they can't show it works. 

Despite what you've read there isn't a pharmaceutical Star Chamber.

Merck agrees to let other drug makers make its COVID pill (msn.com)

45 minutes ago, left field said:

Great news and a smart business move. I hope this works as well as expected. Maybe Merck was lucky in failing to develop a viable vaccine and shifting focus to a treatment.

"Merck would rather burn their competitors to the ground then give them a percent share of the market."

So i guess this isn't true.....

6 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

"Merck would rather burn their competitors to the ground then give them a percent share of the market."

So i guess this isn't true.....

Two different things. They are licensing out the rights to manufacture to smaller companies and, I assume, allow them to handle the distribution to third world countries via the Medicines Patent Pool, an NGO. My best guess is that Merck still receives a small fee for this. They also get to look like good guys while they retain the more valuable markets. The article literally states that. Important sentence: "excludes key upper-middle-income countries."

The charity Doctors Without Borders welcomed the agreement Merck struck to share its COVID-19 pill, but said it didn't go far enough.

“The license excludes key upper-middle-income countries like Brazil and China from its territory, where there are strong, established capacity to produce and supply antiviral medicines,” said Yuanqiong Hu, a senior legal and policy adviser at Doctors Without Borders, who called the deal “disappointing.”

If Merck started handing out licenses to its multinational competitors, then I think you may have a point. Until then, I'll stick with the idea that any of the Big Pharma corporations would happily dance on the graves of the others.

So, I'll chime in just a little bit - the Merck agreement is in fact intended to help provide their drug to third-world countries that traditionally can't afford newly developed medications that are still on patent, by allowing other companies to do the heavy lifting. Not completely altruistic, but better than what we normally see with new drugs. Their bottom line is unlikely to take a hit, since the target countries can't pay much $$, and it's essentially charity. I wish the vaccine manufacturers would do the same.

As for the drug itself, it is a nucleotide analog that interferes with viral replication. It has been in development for ten years to fight other viruses, but was repurposed for COVID. It is structurally and chemically very different from Ivermectin, which targets a parasitic nematode ion channel that is present in sperm. Since this channel is not present in mammals, how ivermectin may exert its purported anti-viral effects is unclear. Nevertheless, what is clear is that Ivermectin and Merck's new antiviral are completely different entities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I've read his approval rating is down to 42 percent, I cant believe it's that high.

those polls are typically nonsense anyway. Everytime I read the fine print it's like barely a thousand people polled.

There is no need for commercials when you aren't selling a product.  When the govt forces everyone to get it and pays you for it (with taxpayer money), why would you need to advertise it?  

BTW, how much is the govt paying per dose and what is the cost to the maker of each dose?  Following the money and the accounting could possibly answer a lot of questions.

There is no need for commercials when you aren't selling a product.  When the govt forces everyone to get it and pays you for it (with taxpayer money), why would you need to advertise it?  
BTW, how much is the govt paying per dose and what is the cost to the maker of each dose?  Following the money and the accounting could possibly answer a lot of questions.

A shit ton for sure. Pfizer revenue will be 80-90% higher in 2021 than 2020 thanks to vaccine. That’s An epic year and then they don’t have to set aside any money for lawsuits like other drugs. So it’s a massive year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Every thing on cnn is one long commercial for the vaccine ,an infomercial if you will.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A shit ton for sure. Pfizer revenue will be 80-90% higher in 2021 than 2020 thanks to vaccine. That’s An epic year and then they don’t have to set aside any money for lawsuits like other drugs. So it’s a massive year.

Correct.  And we are supposed to believe they don't have an unwritten agreement with the party pushing vaccine mandates, to kick a ton of money back to them in political donations?

• Like 3

Isn't it ironic that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people will be put in danger of death by vaccine mandates.

People need to wake up to the fact the pandemic is over, they're not counting anything anymore and the vaccines have proven to be ineffective.  The government is lying to you, and has been since the beginning.

People need to demand all of the efforts the govt puts into forcing vaccines on people, be re-directed towards attacking inflation and getting us back to being energy self sufficient.  That's what people are concerned about. 

It's about time people realize all of this unconstitutional govt overreach is being done under the power the govt has during a "national emergency".  This was never a national emergency and it certainly isn't one at this moment in time.  It's time to rescind the powers the govt gave itself and has abused for almost two years now.  It's time to stop the tyranny, before it's too late to stop it.

Edited by Grouse