Vaccination

13 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Why do you believe this to be true as in the past “leaky” vaccines have been known to be the cause for variants. To be honest I only skimmed over your attachments but did find this information covered. I do not want to dive to far into this debate again as I do not want to wear my crayons to far down.

leaky vaccine = still allows one to catch and spread disease, get sick and/or die  after being vaccinated even at a lesser rate.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I’d pay to see a picture of your many non sequiturs, straw men,  and conspiracy theories. Also include a thing or two about how you think infection and contagion work and why you feel basic measures of protection insult your sense of manhood. 

All that registers when you talk like that is that you are furious that people are not as afraid as you . I feel as though you are coming from a place of jealousy when you write these attacks. Im here for you if you should ever need someone to talk to.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

OnJan8 2021 I lost my brother to COVID-19.No he wasn't sick prior to this,infact he helped me drag a deer out of the woods in early December.We had fished& hunted for over 45 years together.I was lucky to have a " end of life visit" with him.When you are in a COVID unit watching your loved one take their last breath you may think differently regarding the virus when they unplugged the ventilator.I know there's a lot of politics with the virus I can tell you it changed my life forever,I relive that last visit every day in my head.Ask me how gun opener was this year. I put a small cross up at his favorite hunting spot so I could say good morning as I walk by.I wouldn't wish this on anyone, one way or another we will get through this.I hope no one here has to  experienceIMG_20211023_110118986.thumb.jpg.5f422a3755e85825a5bbe63f8f5f4089.jpgScreenshot_20210111-093212.thumb.png.1292f7a60b900316f718e364f5e37983.png46069.thumb.jpeg.bf434a0119608a8631e25546d60b65d4.jpeg this.Better days lay ahead

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

OnJan8 2021 I lost my brother to COVID-19.No he wasn't sick prior to this,infact he helped me drag a deer out of the woods in early December.We had fished& hunted for over 45 years together.I was lucky to have a " end of life visit" with him.When you are in a COVID unit watching your loved one take their last breath you may think differently regarding the virus when they unplugged the ventilator.I know there's a lot of politics with the virus I can tell you it changed my life forever,I relive that last visit every day in my head.Ask me how gun opener was this year. I put a small cross up at his favorite hunting spot so I could say good morning as I walk by.I wouldn't wish this on anyone, one way or another we will get through this.I hope no one here has to  experienceIMG_20211023_110118986.thumb.jpg.5f422a3755e85825a5bbe63f8f5f4089.jpg this.Better days lay ahead

Heartbreaking. I'm sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

OnJan8 2021 I lost my brother to COVID-19.No he wasn't sick prior to this,infact he helped me drag a deer out of the woods in early December.We had fished& hunted for over 45 years together.I was lucky to have a " end of life visit" with him.When you are in a COVID unit watching your loved one take their last breath you may think differently regarding the virus when they unplugged the ventilator.I know there's a lot of politics with the virus I can tell you it changed my life forever,I relive that last visit every day in my head.Ask me how gun opener was this year. I put a small cross up at his favorite hunting spot so I could say good morning as I walk by.I wouldn't wish this on anyone, one way or another we will get through this.I hope no one here has to  experienceIMG_20211023_110118986.thumb.jpg.5f422a3755e85825a5bbe63f8f5f4089.jpgScreenshot_20210111-093212.thumb.png.1292f7a60b900316f718e364f5e37983.png46069.thumb.jpeg.bf434a0119608a8631e25546d60b65d4.jpeg this.Better days lay ahead

I’m so sorry for your loss

47 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Why do you believe this to be true as in the past “leaky” vaccines have been known to be the cause for variants. To be honest I only skimmed over your attachments but did find this information covered. I do not want to dive to far into this debate again as I do not want to wear my crayons to far down.

leaky vaccine = still allows one to catch and spread disease, get sick and/or die  after being vaccinated even at a lesser rate.

You’re getting dangerously close to identifying some of the dots that matter but you still haven’t connected them. 

Here are some pointers. 
1- breakthrough infections (I think you’re calling them leaky) show a higher virus clearing rate
2- communities with unchecked infection rates serve as reservoirs from which novel variants of concern are most likely to arise.

3- and here we connect the dots: vaccination not only decreases the  severity of illness but also increases virus clearance rates.  This reduces the transmission window and also likely reduces the likelihood of seeding novel mutations that will spread to the community. If the community is largely vaccinated, said risk is further reduced. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

Sorry for your loss

One only needs to look to Florida to see how all this should have been handled. Protect the elderly and vulnerable and let everyone else go on with life. No masks, no vaccine mandates, no lock downs and its the safest State in the republic. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You’re getting dangerously close to identifying some of the dots that matter but you still haven’t connected them. 

Here are some pointers. 
1- breakthrough infections (I think you’re calling them leaky) show a higher virus clearing rate
2- communities with unchecked infection rates serve as reservoirs from which novel variants of concern are most likely to arise.

3- and here we connect the dots: vaccination not only decreases the  severity of illness but also increases virus clearance rates.  This reduces the transmission window and also likely reduces the likelihood of seeding novel mutations that will spread to the community. If the community is largely vaccinated, said risk is further reduced. 

This can and can not be true as with mareks disease the leaky vaccination caused the disease to become more deadly. I am not saying that is what is happening here but as stated in past research that this is a concern. This can be found in multiple pre Covid-19 studies. Be careful of missing some dots in the haste to connect them some times the missed ones can be the most important.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

This can and can not be true as with mareks disease the leaky vaccination caused the disease to become more deadly. I am not saying that is what is happening here but as stated in past research that this is a concern. This can be found in multiple pre Covid-19 studies. Be careful of missing some dots in the haste to connect them some times the missed ones can be the most important.

Fortunately, enhancement does not appear to be a cause for concern here. Hey, here’s a fun podcast that can make some of the science accessible: 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/science-vs/id1051557000?i=1000543803844

or

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/science-vs/49h6996/omicron-do-you-need-to-freak-out

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Here are some pointers. 

Good info provided!! If you dont mind, I have some ??:

1) What is meant by a "higher virus clearting rate " mentioned for those breakthroughs

2)Arent there potential reservoirs everywhere potentially? I measn, just because a population has a high vx rate doe not mean that they cannot-and will not- get the virus and/or transmit it to others. In many cases, /i would suspect this is due to aympotmatic indiviuals tranmitting it. Morover, if youre asymptomatic yet "have" the virus, isnt it then replicasting in your system? And if so, can it not therefore still mutate via known errors in transcription/translation?

3)Your 3 rd point is probably right although , again, to what degree is that true? 

Wow I find it hard to believe folks still are  concerned about this . I haven’t worn a mask in like a year, today I went to the retires Christmas party 150 people no masks zero concerns .
Recently my buddy called to tell me he tested positive, I asked why he was telling me ? Well we rode in his truck to and from hunting and sat next to each other at lunch as well as napping in the truck … He only knew he had it as he took a test to attend a large family event ( 50 plus ) .
A few days later my RN daughter called her fiancé tested positive ( again zero symptoms) I spent 6 hours with him on Turkey day . He took the test at the request of folks they were getting together with . Oh and our daughter who sleeps in the same bed tests negative,and she gets the antigen test fast tracked .
My take away it’s so bad you need to get tested to know you have it …. And folks can spend hours and in fact days with those who have it and not get it .
My God folks move on .
Cant wait to spend this winter in FLA and Tenn. I’d invite you folks but several freeloaders from multiple states have already filled up most of the dates….

And what about the people that they may infect that wind up in the hospital or die..

What you described is actually what makes covid so dangerous… the fact that some people don’t even know they have it and can spread it to others who then get deathly ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of yesterday, the 4 known cases in the United states were all vaccinated .

And all experienced mild symptoms.

Maybe this will help you understand but probably not. This Ny county is 75% vaxxed out of 19 patients hospitalized for covid only 3 are vaxxed.

Can you put two and two together that the vaccinated are much better protected

2e94a3620f1288a7b534eca542e9d78f.png

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

And all experienced mild symptoms.

Maybe this will help you understand but probably not. This Ny county is 75% vaxxed out of 19 patients hospitalized for covid only 3 are vaxxed.

Can you put two and two together that the vaccinated are much better protected

2e94a3620f1288a7b534eca542e9d78f.png

You have no idea how many people got covid and walked right through it without getting the shot . You only choose to see your side because you fell for the narrative. You have no idea the status of anybody in that hospital ,just because they went to the hospital means they're in grave danger? I guess to you it does. There wan an Olympic skier I believe who contracted covid ,afterwards she went tonthe hospital for a check up ,of course the headlines read " Olympic athlete in the hospital with covid " You need to think for yourself a little more ,do some research. 

Edited by Jeremy K

One only needs to look to Florida to see how all this should have been handled. Protect the elderly and vulnerable and let everyone else go on with life. No masks, no vaccine mandates, no lock downs and its the safest State in the republic. 

One only has to look to the seasonality of viral spread in the north vs south to see why it appears that way at the given moment.

When is Florida’s inform season when is ours.

You have no idea how many people got covid and walked right through it without getting the shot . You only choose to see your side because you fell for the narrative. You have no idea the status of anybody in that hospital ,just because they went to the hospital means they're in grave danger? I guess to you it does. There wan an Olympic skier I believe who contracted covid ,afterwards she went tonthe hospital for a check up ,of course the headlines read " Olympic athlete in the hospital with covid " You need to think for yourself a little more ,do some research. 

What narrative… what I just showed you is a website in a NN county with a Republican county executive. Who he himself had that info put on the website for transparency.

What you just saw are facts

How about the gun shot victims in Oklahoma that had to wait outside because the hospital was full of people who over dosed on ivermectin LOL. We should start a new thread with all the BS news reporting that's been going on around covid.

If that’s true it’s pretty sad but I didn’t hear that

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

One only has to look to the seasonality of viral spread in the north vs south to see why it appears that way at the given moment.

When is Florida’s inform season when is ours.

If that is the case, why isn't every southern state safe for travel?

Not all southern states have the same climate as Florida and If you look at the map it does improve as you move south

Not all southern states have the same climate as Florida and If you look at the map it does improve as you move south