Vaccination

6 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Between the gene manipulation and the long term side effects, why would Trump create this “vaccine “?    I trusted him.  I obviously was lied to.  Why did he create operation warp speed?  You need to start thinking outside the box to see the real answers.  But msm wont tell you what was behind his vaccine. 

Being a certified gene jockey, I will point out that there is no gene manipulation occurring as a result of vaccination. Your genes are safe. Just because it's an mRNA vaccine doesn't mean that it manipulates the genome. I can respect an argument that is counter to my own viewpoint, but it should be accurate. I'm also a bit confused by the long term side effects. We really haven't had a long enough term to judge whether this could be true. I guess there's a chance, but you need to weigh it against the immediate benefits. You have between a 6-20 fold lesser chance of being hospitalized or dying after the jab. Of course, these are just statistics and individual results may vary...and variants can change the game. 

As usual, I agree 100% with people's right to choose not to be vaccinated. Even if vaccination seems smart to me, I recognize that I'm fallible, science is fallible, and we all need to take responsibility for our own health. I will echo JeremyK's comments on this being a motivation to take better care of yourself., because diet and exercise impact everything from COVID to Alzheimers to cancer to longevity. But there will certainly be consequences to these choices, since diet and exercise confer autonomous benefits, but vaccination - maybe - can impact others. 

I think that the more of an open mind we keep and the more we try to appreciate everyone's opinions, while still fighting for our own, the better off we will all be. And maybe I'll get world peace in my stocking lol...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

Being a certified gene jockey, I will point out that there is no gene manipulation occurring as a result of vaccination. Your genes are safe. Just because it's an mRNA vaccine doesn't mean that it manipulates the genome. I can respect an argument that is counter to my own viewpoint, but it should be accurate. I'm also a bit confused by the long term side effects. We really haven't had a long enough term to judge whether this could be true. I guess there's a chance, but you need to weigh it against the immediate benefits. You have between a 6-20 fold lesser chance of being hospitalized or dying after the jab. Of course, these are just statistics and individual results may vary...and variants can change the game. 

As usual, I agree 100% with people's right to choose not to be vaccinated. Even if vaccination seems smart to me, I recognize that I'm fallible, science is fallible, and we all need to take responsibility for our own health. I will echo JeremyK's comments on this being a motivation to take better care of yourself., because diet and exercise impact everything from COVID to Alzheimers to cancer to longevity. But there will certainly be consequences to these choices, since diet and exercise confer autonomous benefits, but vaccination - maybe - can impact others. 

I think that the more of an open mind we keep and the more we try to appreciate everyone's opinions, while still fighting for our own, the better off we will all be. And maybe I'll get world peace in my stocking lol...

Are you familiar with the VERS report? Dr MC Cullough has said one of his colleagues will pay anyone 2 million dollars to sit down and dispute his findings when the info from the VERS report is not manipulated or altered to fit their narrative ,nobody will take him up on apparently. 

Edited by Jeremy K

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Are you familiar with the VERS report? Dr MC Cullough has said one of his colleagues will pay anyone 2 million dollars to sit down and dispute his findings when the info from the VERS report is not manipulated or altered to fit their narrative ,nobody will take him up on apparently. 

Do you mean the VAERS report ? 

10 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

I can’t figure out why Trump would take it and push it either. That’s bothered me for quite some time now. (And I love what Trump did for our country while in office)

While I don’t know if Trump made money on the pandemic a lot of the rich surely did. States shutting down small businesses and leaving the big businesses open has gained the billionaires 70%. 

https://ips-dc.org/u-s-billionaire-wealth-surged-by-70-percent-or-2-1-trillion-during-pandemic-theyre-now-worth-a-combined-5-trillion/

50 minutes ago, Belo said:

Bad news guys, I’ve been up since 3 for a meeting with China and Australia and I’m still alive.

You’ll have to deal with my anti-crossbow elitist nonsense a bit longer I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the wifi connection good from the chip they implanted in you?  Asking for a friend…

2 minutes ago, outdoorstom said:

I just two minutes ago watched senator toomey say if you’re vaxxed and boosted, you won’t be hospitalized and you certainly won’t die.  He didn’t say it’s unlikely, he didn’t say you may not. He stated it as fact.  The lies continue.

Theres a special place in hell waiting for the people who pushed a false narrative the last 2 years.

11 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

VAERS is a system for tracking adverse events that allows self-reporting and is open to anyone. It is not curated. There's no official follow up. IMHO, it is less than useless. I think we're on the same page here? Garbage in, garbage out.

I played with it a couple months into the pandemic, and it was amazing to see what constituted an "adverse event" in some people's minds. A guy gets hit by a car the day after he's vaccinated, and his sister reports it. Another person experiences appendicitis, but was complaining of stomach pain days prior to getting the jab. Crazy.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, outdoorstom said:

I just two minutes ago watched senator toomey say if you’re vaxxed and boosted, you won’t be hospitalized and you certainly won’t die.  He didn’t say it’s unlikely, he didn’t say you may not. He stated it as fact.  The lies continue.

Yeah, that's complete BS. Simply give folks the facts and let them make up their minds themselves. This game of narratives gets real old real fast.

No one that hasn’t gotten the shot is going to get it. Other those that cave due to employer mandates. I think these idiots still think they’re going to convince us to get it.

The only way they’ll get any more people vaccinated are by making life hell or bribery. Bribery was working very well in the low income and minority neighborhoods but that seems to have petered out.

I’ll get the shot today if hillary and kamala blow me at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, knehrke said:

VAERS is a system for tracking adverse events that allows self-reporting and is open to anyone. It is not curated. There's no official follow up. IMHO, it is less than useless. I think we're on the same page here? Garbage in, garbage out.

I played with it a couple months into the pandemic, and it was amazing to see what constituted an "adverse event" in some people's minds. A guy gets hit by a car the day after he's vaccinated, and his sister reports it. Another person experiences appendicitis, but was complaining of stomach pain days prior to getting the jab. Crazy.

I have posted this before and I was not sure if you had checked it out. Comments from medical professionals about vaccine adverse effects. 
https://www.medscape.com/sites/public/covid-19/vaccine-insights/how-concerned-are-you-about-vaccine-related-adverse-events

Here is the fact check/bias report it looks to be trust a trust worthy site.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/medscape/?amp=1

44 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I heard he got boo'd . That's the extreme right for ya . I've said all along the extreme ends of the politics are the problem.

He was booed a little. I think people were mostly, "wait, what did he just say?" Trump downplayed it and wasn't his usual bombastic self. He knows that his followers will turn on him in a minute.  

The problem isn't the extreme ends on each side; it's the wholesale labelling of anyone on an opposing side as "extreme."

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, left field said:

He was booed a little. I think people were mostly, "wait, what did he just say?" Trump downplayed it and wasn't his usual bombastic self. He knows that his followers will turn on him in a minute.  

The problem isn't the extreme ends on each side; it's the wholesale labelling of anyone on an opposing side as "extreme."

Trump never was against taking a vaccine as far as I can remember.  As far as extreme sides of politics ,it wasnt everyone from the right in washington on January 6th just like it wasnt everyone from the left burning and looting cities all over America last year . I will say the left caused far more property damage and wasted resources as a whole during the temper tantrums they participated in. Again I think these are 2 great examples of extreme distances from center.