Vaccination

It would sure be nice if we could figure out who was going to suffer, who'd be asymptomatic, and who would have long term repercussions. There's got to be a tell. Maybe ample fun loving and frothy malt beverages is protective? If so, I'm screwed... 

I tend to be the Lorne Greene "voice of doom" here, but what's rippin through India seems to be affecting 20/30/40 year olds as much as the 60/70/80 group.
Once that makes it here ...

India is a shit hole with a population that is mostly undernourished and with little to no hygiene. There life expectancy is more than 10 years less than ours. Comparing us to India is asinine at best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I lived in India for a few years. I wouldn't come close to calling it a "shithole" though I did see a level of poverty there normally not seen elsewhere. A billion people in a small place will do that. However, it was the one country I would have gone back to live in if I had the right offer. The people and the culture really got under my skin. You have to also remember that it is in many ways a very technologically advanced country.

If this variant (now found in Michigan) rips through the under-40 crowd, then despite the more advanced treatment available here you're potentially looking at another shit show. Especially with the great swaths of the country refusing vaccines.

Again, I tend to "voice of doom" this stuff.

6 minutes ago, left field said:

I lived in India for a few years. I wouldn't come close to calling it a "shithole" though I did see a level of poverty there normally not seen elsewhere. A billion people in a small place will do that. However, it was the one country I would have gone back to live in if I had the right offer. The people and the culture really got under my skin. You have to also remember that it is in many ways a very technologically advanced country.

If this variant (now found in Michigan) rips through the under-40 crowd, then despite the more advanced treatment available here you're potentially looking at another shit show. Especially with the great swaths of the country refusing vaccines.

Again, I tend to "voice of doom" this stuff.

So what should we do? Print a few trillion more dollars and pay everyone to truly lock down? Nothing any state or country has tried has worked, its just been drawn out differently. In my grossly uneducated opinion we have no choice but to simply ride this out, and we are going to lose people. I wish everyone got the vaccine, but they wont and thats all there is to it

• Like 1

After careful deliberation and discussion with our doctors and family members in the field, My three (17, 16, 16) got stuck this morning with round 1 of Pfizer arguing that any possible side effect of a vaccine are less risky than the “long term” negative side effects of getting even mild cases of Covid especially related to lung function.
No adverse effects at this time

• Like 1

Investing thing is a short time ago I ordered some cigars as I was out ( cutting back .) I thought they tasted like sh!t , which was odd as I’ve had these before . At the same time it seems like I couldn’t get my teeth / mouth clean, had an odd taste all the time it seemed . 

Had  the same cigar the other day and it was great tasting . Mouth “ taste “ is back to normal as well . Idk just odd .
That may just be old age....lol....things start to slip once retirement kicks in. Just feel lucky you actually remembered to reorder once you ran out.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, left field said:

We will find out soon. Last I read under 13% of the US population under the age of 49 has gotten the vaccine. It's the older crowd bumping the numbers high.

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

In my grossly uneducated opinion we have no choice but to simply ride this out, and we are going to lose people. I wish everyone got the vaccine, but they wont and thats all there is to it

It's exactly what we should have done last April after we accomplished the goal of flattening the curve.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, crappyice said:

After careful deliberation and discussion with our doctors and family members in the field, My three (17, 16, 16) got stuck this morning with round 1 of Pfizer arguing that any possible side effect of a vaccine are less risky than the “long term” negative side effects of getting even mild cases of Covid especially related to lung function.

County Center? That's where Nicole went saturday since all the local CVS had J&J and she wanted Pfizer

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So what should we do? Print a few trillion more dollars and pay everyone to truly lock down? Nothing any state or country has tried has worked, its just been drawn out differently. In my grossly uneducated opinion we have no choice but to simply ride this out, and we are going to lose people. I wish everyone got the vaccine, but they wont and thats all there is to it

I think that last part is key, but ... 

County Center? That's where Nicole went saturday since all the local CVS had J&J and she wanted Pfizer

Yup and they are pissed...8:00 appointment for all three and they all made it to school for their 9:30 class. They were hoping for major delays to burn the day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

We have been debating getting the kids vaccinated, still havent decided.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They say it's the hot vaccine. The marketing department at Moderna is probably losing it.

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

My bad ,doom and gloom only ,got it . 

That's my schtick, get your own.

Never been to India , but from what I’ve read, it’s a crowed third world country , with poor sanitary conditions , bad food and a weird shaped building of some sort .

I don’t consider myself old , and with NYS new 75% tax on cigars bought here, you have to order online .

Id get the J&J shot , if it was available here , one and done , as it seems I may need it for certain travel and events .

Wife may be succeeding , in getting me to move to a free state , I’m trying to bribe the kids ,if they agree bye bye  . 

off to buy more ammo ....

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, left field said:

They say it's the hot vaccine. The marketing department at Moderna is probably losing it.

That's my schtick, get your own.

She wanted J&J, which is what I would get (maybe June). But then those women under 50 effects kinda scared her off so she decided on pfizer.

Re: India. The food is fantastic. I put on weight as I couldn't get enough.

But it's a tough place. You will see the poorest people in the world living beside the wealthiest. And when I say poor, I mean they have nothing but the clothes they are wearing and a few utensils. At the end of the day they fall down wherever they are and in the morning start walking again. The kids were tough to see.

There was a small building being built beside my office and I watched over a few months as it was constructed by families. Grandparents to kids would camp there and build the thing concrete block by concrete block.

I remember my producer and I were travelling to a meeting and he pulled over to take a piss against a downtown building. When in Rome, I joined him and as we pissed he said, "this is why I couldn't live anywhere else."

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

My bad ,doom and gloom only ,got it . 

I just think if you're going to make a bold claim like that, you need to back up why you think the way you do. That goes for doom and gloom and everything is unicorn rainbow farts.

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

I just think if you're going to make a bold claim like that, you need to back up why you think the way you do. That goes for doom and gloom and everything is unicorn rainbow farts.

61 pages deep and NOW you want to start using facts !!?? You know we don't use facts around here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cuomo updates:

No more capacity limits on bars, restaurants, bars, salons, gyms, retail stores, move theaters, etc. as of May 19th.

Outdoor residential parties no more max capacities. Indoor house parties raised to 50 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: India. The food is fantastic. I put on weight as I couldn't get enough.
But it's a tough place. You will see the poorest people in the world living beside the wealthiest. And when I say poor, I mean they have nothing but the clothes they are wearing and a few utensils. At the end of the day they fall down wherever they are and in the morning start walking again. The kids were tough to see.
There was a small building being built beside my office and I watched over a few months as it was constructed by families. Grandparents to kids would camp there and build the thing concrete block by concrete block.
I remember my producer and I were travelling to a meeting and he pulled over to take a piss against a downtown building. When in Rome, I joined him and as we pissed he said, "this is why I couldn't live anywhere else."

So...Florida with better food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1