Vaccination

2 hours ago, left field said:

I remember my producer and I were travelling to a meeting and he pulled over to take a piss against a downtown building. When in Rome, I joined him and as we pissed he said, "this is why I couldn't live anywhere else."

Well shoot , folks have been passing on buildings in Roch as long as I’ve been alive . The U. Of R busses their students to the East End bar district on week end nights , they pile out of the bus and all piss on the building first thing.(  We would cruise the East End taking in the show .) They must pre  game hard on the bus I’m guessing , the ramp garages all smell of piss . Ive pissed in the street along side the fire truck at many a late night fire .

• Like 1

From what I understand, India's caste system made for some interesting pandemic dynamics.

The first wave was comprised mainly of the upper class, who likely caught it because of their more global exposure. Due to a lack of intermingling between classes, the slums were generally spared, which surprised many. Hence, India's numbers weren't bad, they touted their apparent success in warding off the worst of it, and they actually donated vaccines to other countries to demonstrate their largesse. 

Now, this current wave has the lower classes affected, and they spread it to the poorest parts of the country when they fled the slums. The issue, from the horse's mouth, is that there aren't sufficient resources and/or personnel to combat the rising case load, hence mortality is much more severe than it needs to be. Additionally, many Indians who are getting sick refuse to be tested or to go to the hospital because it's worse there than at home. Shazam. Recipe for disaster. IMHO, the situation in India is much, much worse than is being reported even, and that's bad enough. Count your blessings.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Well shoot , folks have been passing on buildings in Roch as long as I’ve been alive . The U. Of R busses their students to the East End bar district on week end nights , they pile out of the bus and all piss on the building first thing.(  We would cruise the East End taking in the show .) They must pre  game hard on the bus I’m guessing , the ramp garages all smell of piss . Ive pissed in the street along side the fire truck at many a late night fire .

Think 36th St between 5th and 6th at 1:00 pm.

Edited by left field

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

No issues through the night no side effects to report . 2nd Pfizer in the books 

You probably made it out clear. Most of what I've seen and heard is 12-20 hours later is when the side effects kick in. Like you I drank a shit ton and I'm pretty sure that's why mine were limited to just being a little more tired than usual.

• Like 1

Never been to India , but from what I’ve read, it’s a crowed third world country , with poor sanitary conditions , bad food and a weird shaped building of some sort .
I don’t consider myself old , and with NYS new 75% tax on cigars bought here, you have to order online .
Id get the J&J shot , if it was available here , one and done , as it seems I may need it for certain travel and events .
Wife may be succeeding , in getting me to move to a free state , I’m trying to bribe the kids ,if they agree bye bye  . 

off to buy more ammo ....

If you like cigars I have some great websites for you.... shoot me a Pm if ur interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

Word on the street is after the “ academy “ members showed up, they had to shut down ,due to the beer being depleted.

D9D8EA7B-2546-4586-BC58-E5F2FE829568.png

I'd switch to a crossbow before i'd get that unregulated shit pumped in my veins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was never going to hunt for a shot, or drive across town 2x and stand in line with the hoi polloi . Now that I can walk up anywhere and get the one and done J&J I’m thinking about it just in case it becomes required for events and travel .

But our triple A team, just announced ,they’ll have vaccinated and non vaccinated sections , but the non vaccinated  section sounds better , I can put my feet up as nobody will be in front of me, shorter lines in the bathroom and at the beer counter as well . 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I've said this 1000 times, masks will be back every year now

Interesting article, it says we didn’t have many getting the flu because of the precautions we took for covid , yet those same precautions didn’t prevent millions from getting covid . 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Im all about the handwashing, less contact and some social distancing during flu season. But dont tell me that people wearing a filthy paper mask over their face is the answer. In this food salesman's opinion having the schools closed is the driving factor in the flu and cold season being nil. Should we learn remotely forever?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im all about the handwashing, less contact and some social distancing during flu season. But dont tell me that people wearing a filthy paper mask over their face is the answer. In this food salesman's opinion having the schools closed is the driving factor in the flu and cold season being nil. Should we learn remotely forever?

I was cleaning the equipment before and after i used it at the gym for years ,many didn’t even wipe it down after . Then I washed my hands before I left the gym and opened  the door with my elbow .

So I get precautions, but they can stick the closures and masks except in perhaps around the most vulnerable.

The school / flu thing makes sense , add in kids not in daycare but home as well .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Let's not forget that humans are just gross people ,young children are the worst and most likely to blame for spreading cold and flu germs . It's life ,humans have been dealing with illness forever . 

• Like 1