8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

And it should have. Now it will never recover. I’m talking about restaurants, etc. Companies are fine because they never closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I dont disagree

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will not tell anyone what they should do.   I will simply mention that my wife is in ICU right now battling COVID.  She had an already reduced immune system from a very difficult war with cancer she

It seems like it's time to weigh in with my useless  - though not uninformed - opinion. I teach this stuff to medical students. Yeah, I'm a PhD, but one of the smart ones, okay? Lol. Anyway, whil

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Isn’t that the truth! The carrot dangle isn’t what scares me, it’s the ones munching on them that have me worried for our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I can't believe the number of people who have this blind faith in the government and dont question anything .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

wait til the free rent is done 

That will have an effect, but overall minor when measured against the wave of enthusiasm that is sweeping the city. Midtown aside, I've never seen it busier.

It's funny, last March/April I was predicting doom and gloom (mostly due to a sense of my own mortality and being in the city) and Biz was laughing and calling me a downer as he was predicting we'll be open by Easter. 

Now after an unprecedented vaccine rollout, a better understanding of transmission, and much better protocol for treatment, and I feel optimistic. 

YMMV.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Same here. I can't believe the number of people who have this blind faith in the government and dont question anything .

Thank God that doesn't include scientists. I don't know how many have been keeping an eye on the emerging situation with the new drug that's targeted at Alzheimer's Disease, but as of last night, three of the FDA's scientific advisory panel board members (including from places like Harvard) quit over the drug having been approved, despite their informed guidance to the contrary. It isn't effective, and the data shows it. Somebody has their hand in the honeypot. At  $50K a year cost, and with the drug being targeted at early AD, so the patients would require treatment for the rest of their lives, the company that developed the drug stands to make bank. 

Big difference from the vaccine.

Scientists' jobs are literally to question everything...and some of us are willing to take an ethical stand when the facts don't line up. 

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, left field said:

That will have an effect, but overall minor when measured against the wave of enthusiasm that is sweeping the city. Midtown aside, I've never seen it busier.

It's funny, last March/April I was predicting doom and gloom (mostly due to a sense of my own mortality and being in the city) and Biz was laughing and calling me a downer as he was predicting we'll be open by Easter. 

Now after an unprecedented vaccine rollout, a better understanding of transmission, and much better protocol for treatment, and I feel optimistic. 

YMMV.

I dont expect to see you give any credit to operation warpspeed and the prior administration for that vaccine.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Thank God that doesn't include scientists. I don't know how many have been keeping an eye on the emerging situation with the new drug that's targeted at Alzheimer's Disease, but as of last night, three of the FDA's scientific advisory panel board members (including from places like Harvard) quit over the drug having been approved, despite their informed guidance to the contrary. It isn't effective, and the data shows it. Somebody has their hand in the honeypot. At  $50K a year cost, and with the drug being targeted at early AD, so the patients would require treatment for the rest of their lives, the company that developed the drug stands to make bank. 

Big difference from the vaccine.

Scientists' jobs are literally to question everything...and some of us are willing to take an ethical stand when the facts don't line up. 

Interesting , my father is scheduled to talk to his doctor about it as a possible treatment . I have read that it has become a battle between doctor over whether or not it's effective. Thanks for the info.

43 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I dont expect to see you give any credit to operation warpspeed and the prior administration for that vaccine.

Why not? Despite the actual CF that Trump was, there were some good decisions made in both the current and prior administrations to facilitate and deliver the vaccines. I'm a fair guy. 

• Like 2

I was skeptical myself from the get-go as to our ability to generate an effective vaccine at all, much less inside of a year. This on the heels of decades of research working to develop an HIV vaccine, coupled with the inability to cure the common cold lol. Viruses are tough. 

But the collaboration between pharma and academia coupled with the government's willingness to cut the red tape made it possible. I am frankly still amazed, but thankful nevertheless for my initial take to be dead wrong.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Remember the laughter and ridicule in October when he said we were weeks away from a vaccine?

There will be alot of stuff that people conveniently forget . The hospital ship and the javits center for instance . 

• Like 2

On that vaccine ship with covid cases my thoughts are this:

1) breakthrough cases are a small % because people who have been vaccinated and are asymptotic would not be getting tested for COVID. If they did, that number likely spikes

2) they’ll blame non-vaccinated people

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

On that vaccine ship with covid cases my thoughts are this:

1) breakthrough cases are a small % because people who have been vaccinated and are asymptotic would not be getting tested for COVID. If they did, that number likely spikes

2) they’ll blame non-vaccinated people

Under no circumstance will they admit they were wrong about anything in the last year and a half ,too many blind followers depend on the government to be their guiding light .

• Like 4
On 6/10/2021 at 5:25 PM, left field said:

YMMV.

Until china decides  to make a another virus .

I spent a few minutes reading the Novavax methodology/technology and my head is spinning. I can handle the mRNA from Moderna and Phizer...but this recombinant nanoparticle and adjuvant stuff is bonkers. The adjuvant is like an analogy of crop oil for herbicides, so I get that, but the nanoparticle process confuses me. Crazy tech.