Vaccination

1 hour ago, phade said:

I'm not going to get into the political components, but he did shut down a pipeline project. Gas prices wouldn't be as high - that's a fact. Plus the hack that took place under his watch that shut down Colonial. That also drove prices higher. 

Neither had to do with a global pandemic. He had an option not to kick the dog when it was down, yet he still shuttered the pipeline and prices rose instantly which trickle into the economy. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise, which is rare in discussions like this. Usually one can see another side of the coin, but this is pretty black and white.

I am not going to pretend to have nuanced insight to the determinants of prices at the pump. Certainly a vast array of converging factors, including polices made by the administration, will contribute. The unpopular position is that there will be growing pains if we're ever to transition to alternative energy sources. We have been artificially suppressing gas prices for far too long. Let's even out the playing field on this one and let the market work its magic. 

29 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It takes a deplorable level of ignorance to suggest that a pandemic wasn't actually real on a board where numerous folks have shared the pain of having lost loved ones to the virus. It take a repugnant level of cowardice to hide behind quotations rather than saying exactly what you think. But of course, you have no coherent opinion about why the pandemic would be in quotes. You just know that Alex Jones and Fox and Friends use a funny voice when they say "pandemic." 

Thank you for the kind words

• Like 1

Wife and I going for our 2nd Moderna shot today. With her going through what she is, we decided to get the shot. Weighing our options, I think it was the best one for us. 
I am enjoying no mask outside of work lately!

My daughter got her second yesterday and slept for 18 hours. She feels great today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I am not going to pretend to have nuanced insight to the determinants of prices at the pump. Certainly a vast array of converging factors, including polices made by the administration, will contribute. The unpopular position is that there will be growing pains if we're ever to transition to alternative energy sources. We have been artificially suppressing gas prices for far too long. Let's even out the playing field on this one and let the market work its magic. 

Even out what playing field, exactly? Lithium and other hard metals?

Doing so now, during a "pandemic" as you noted? Seems sus.

And I'm quoting your use of pandemic earlier - you say that the pandemic has been wreaking havoc on markets, but nah, let's just go the other way on this one? Weird man. Weird.

Edited by phade

4 minutes ago, phade said:

Even out what playing field, exactly? Lithium and other hard metals?

Doing so now, during a "pandemic" as you noted? Seems sus.

And I'm quoting your use of pandemic earlier - you say that the pandemic has been wreaking havoc on markets, but nah, let's just go the other way on this one? Weird man. Weird.

Lithium? I bet many on this board would benefit :)

But that’s the point, if the US continues to heavily subsidize the oil industry, we’ll continue to see a lack of investment (and appetite) for alternatives. 

I don’t think I need to spell out for you how work stoppages and increased demand for certain materials have choked global supply lines and that we’ll continue to see shortages for years to come… 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Lithium? I bet many on this board would benefit :)

But that’s the point, if the US continues to heavily subsidize the oil industry, we’ll continue to see a lack of investment (and appetite) for alternatives. 

I don’t think I need to spell out for you how work stoppages and increased demand for certain materials have choked global supply lines and that we’ll continue to see shortages for years to come… 

Ok to use pandemic as an excuse, up until it's not. Flip flopping like a fish out of water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Maybe too many heavy metals but I’m failing to see my flip flopping…. There’s no excusing on my part. There are facts about global shortages. 

You are using the pandemic excuse when it fits your narrative. 

Raising prices on citizens during a pandemic fallout? C'mon man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phade said:

So, enjoy the gas prices for the next few years. Ain't gonna be cheap.

Mrs Nomad brought up selling our one year old RV, we can currently get close to what we paid ! But her biggest point is as gas prices rise , few will wish to tow one at maybe half the MPG of a pick up, alone  , certainly a valid point . Currently at $3 a gallon ,  traveling I could pay for a hotel room with the savings just taking our Subaru vs towing the RV with the truck .

But right now that savings doesn’t outweigh our camping experience , $4 and certainly $5 and the RV sits and of course the valve of it plummets . 

28 minutes ago, phade said:

You are using the pandemic excuse when it fits your narrative. 

Raising prices on citizens during a pandemic fallout? C'mon man.

Recognizing the reality of a global pandemic (truly an absurd point to have to make) is altogether a different matter than recognizing the burdens of an inevitable shift to alternative energy sources. The latter will be a slow and hopefully carefully managed transition. 

It seems like your quarrel is with certain policies that you feel have disproportionately impacted gas prices. You say they raised prices during a pandemic but of course the administration doesn’t have a gas price dial in the Oval Office. Surely you recall that barrel prices dropped to the negative values last year. Don’t underestimate the impact of futures trading and OPEC policy failures in the price volatility that we’ve seen. 

But your point will be relevant when we eventually start to shift away from oil. What will happen to poor families that can’t afford high gas prices before alternative and affordable options are widespread? If I had to choose, I would pick government subsidizing these families over oil executives.

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Recognizing the reality of a global pandemic (truly an absurd point to have to make) is altogether a different matter than recognizing the burdens of an inevitable shift to alternative energy sources. The latter will be a slow and hopefully carefully managed transition. 

It seems like your quarrel is with certain policies that you feel have disproportionately impacted gas prices. You say they raised prices during a pandemic but of course the administration doesn’t have a gas price dial in the Oval Office. Surely you recall that barrel prices dropped to the negative values last year. Don’t underestimate the impact of futures trading and OPEC policy failures in the price volatility that we’ve seen. 

But your point will be relevant when we eventually start to shift away from oil. What will happen to poor families that can’t afford high gas prices before alternative and affordable options are widespread? If I had to choose, I would pick government subsidizing these families over oil executives.

Gas doesn't have to be high right now ,especially coming out of a "pandemic " . Kind of makes ya wonder if they even care about getting things back on track. Well it makes me wonder because I'm not brainwashed by the left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People need to wake up to the fact the pandemic is not what caused any of the problems we deal with now.

The way the governments of the world handled this pandemic is what is causing all of the problems we are dealing with now.

We have had pandemics before, but never allowed the governments of the world to totally control our lives because of them. The extent people allowed their lives to be ruined this time is unprecedented. And for all that were oppressed, the results were as bad as they have been for every prior pandemic in the past.

Now ask yourself how much of the way they handled it was to increase their power and control, rather than help the citizens.

If you think the problems the governments of the world create are bad, wait until you see the solutions they plan to force on you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Grouse said:

People need to wake up to the fact the pandemic is not what caused any of the problems we deal with now.

The way the governments of the world handled this pandemic is what is causing all of the problems we are dealing with now.

We have had pandemics before, but never allowed the governments of the world to totally control our lives because of them. The extent people allowed their lives to be ruined this time is unprecedented. And for all that were oppressed, the results were as bad as they have been for every prior pandemic in the past.

Now ask yourself how much of the way they handled it was to increase their power and control, rather than help the citizens.

If you think the problems the governments of the world create are bad, wait until you see the solutions they plan to force on you.

How about all the small business that went under ? What a shame . 

It’s yet another case of the cure being worse than the symptoms.

The governments over reach “trump included” and throwing the sheep some crumbs to make them feel good about it is what caused all of this! Corona virus still has a 99.98% survival rate. Yet we’ve ruined many lives over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s yet another case of the cure being worse than the symptoms.

The governments over reach “trump included” and throwing the sheep some crumbs to make them feel good about it is what caused all of this! Corona virus still has a 99.98% survival rate. Yet we’ve ruined many lives over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point ,you have to be completely blind to not see that what this administration is doing is nothing more then a complete attack on small business.  

• Like 3

How about all the small business that went under ? What a shame . 

And now the ones trying to get back on their feet cant pay employees more than the federal government pays them, and that dope in the whitehouse says "compete with us". Yeah thats what government is for

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jeremy K said:

Gas doesn't have to be high right now ,especially coming out of a "pandemic " . Kind of makes ya wonder if they even care about getting things back on track. Well it makes me wonder because I'm not brainwashed by the left.

Nailed it on the "doesn't have to be high" part 100%. Biden chose to inflict pain and suffering.

Biden: Federal Vaccination Effort Will Go ‘Door to Door’ to Get People COVID-19 Shots.

Meanwhile, the CDC reports that only 55% of the U.S. population is at least partially vaccinated.

“Door to door” lol. What a joke.

Biden should go door to door confiscating illegal guns in Chicago. So many people shot again this weekend. A white kid on a train was killed by stray bullet coming home from internship. Barely any news about it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...