Hunters Widows

Five Seasons

Remember it’s been a long few months and even longer if you include prep.

Even if your wife is super supportive like mine, go get her some flowers or something nice. They put up with us being gone, processing messes and a lot of bitching.

Get her something even nicer if you have kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

When I got home from hunting today I told my wife that I put in a lot of long hours in the tree stand this year to provide food for the family.  I don't sit in a tree all weekend long for myself I do it for her.   Lol

• Like 5

When I got home from hunting today I told my wife that I put in a lot of long hours in the tree stand this year to provide food for the family.  I don't sit in a tree all weekend long for myself I do it for her.   Lol
I am guessing she laughed her ass off at you......as would my wife.....and she is a hunter.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dont do what I did. Walked in sunday after my last hunt looked at my wife and said 10 more months until bow.  I thought she was going to hit me with my  own bow.  

I keep up on house work all week so it's one less thing she has to worry about.  Also make sure I take her christmas shopping and out to dinner at least 3 times during the season.  

• Like 4

I work crazy long hours to provide for my wife and children and to me hunting is no different! My wonderful wife knows that she’s a deer season widow and I usually send her off for a weekend or two throughout the fall.

I always tell her that the sooner I tag out the better!!!

My wife and seven others typically have a Hunting Widows Happy Hour on the last Saturday of gun season. The guys all meet up with them after hunting hours and cleaning up. The ladies can be well into the holiday spirit by the time we meet up with them somewhere in Geneseo. Always a great time but, of course, it only happened over Zoom this year. Still, the ladies had a great time and there was a lot of sharing of post season honey do lists. They are all great in their support of our pursuit.

• Like 4

Well, I guess this tale can now be told, as it is about 16 years ago. Up North, a lot of the guys go "into camp" for a couple of weeks at a time (sometimes all of November). Wives are sort of used to it, especially if they come from a hunting family. There was a no-hunting guy who sort of had a milk run. He would go from one house to another (different days), and "comfort" the hunting widows. I figured it out after a lady made a off-hand comment to another lady that I overheard. I mentioned it and he "fessed up". Apparently this had been going on for a number of years. Some were pretty good looking. Don't know how long it continued as I left the area about then.

Same area had a bar that would have a bunch of male "exotic dancers" (Chippendales) appear on a Saturday night. Always had a big crowd of "huntin' widders. I was going with a woman from that area at that time, or I would have stopped by.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, rob-c said:

Just get them involved in hunting like I did mine.  she’s out hunting as much as I am. 

nothing wrong with that at all, personally I like that we share many interests and a few separate ones. If I didn't have my "woods break" I might be on the evening news haha.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Dont do what I did. Walked in sunday after my last hunt looked at my wife and said 10 more months until bow.  I thought she was going to hit me with my  own bow.  

I keep up on house work all week so it's one less thing she has to worry about.  Also make sure I take her christmas shopping and out to dinner at least 3 times during the season.  

that's a good point too, with regards to understanding wives. Keep up on your shit at home and don't give them something. Heck, do this anyhow, men :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

nothing wrong with that at all, personally I like that we share many interests and a few separate ones. If I didn't have my "woods break" I might be on the evening news haha.

The firehouse went a long way for us making it 32 years so far . Not seeing each other for three days at a time , was a nice break . At any FF party the wives  would all talk about how nice it was when were on nights .  

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Marriage, took 11 years for me to realize I’m not marriage material.

That's what I figured but I wouldn't sweat it. If asked..... a lot of guys would probably say the same thing (me included) but don't want to admit it. :mda:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Haha,that is something you can think but keep to yourself. Have you learned nothing?