First backpack mount..

WNY Bowhunter

Now that season is finally over, it's TAXIDERMY time once again. My first attempt at a backpack...all finished up minus a few personal touches from the hunter.

****For all you internet ECOs, the tag is green because the deer was taken in 2018.

20201223_074308.jpg

20201223_074237.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 22

6 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Nice work, 

How much and can you do that from older ones that have been euro mounted? Can you arrange for the hide/cape?

You can use a replacement hide but at this point of the season you'll have a tough time finding a replacement cape with the entire hide attached. 

27 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What made the hunter go this route? Just something different or did he pack it out and wanna remember the hunt that way?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This concept isn't really unique...the backpack style mount has gotten popular over the past couple of years. It's not really my favorite type personally, but it's not my choice either. 

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

6 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What made the hunter go this route? Just something different or did he pack it out and wanna remember the hunt that way?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Can’t speak for this hunter, but I asked Jason to do one of these mounts for my gun buck this year.   I just wanted something different.   I packed him out on an ATV but that wouldn’t really fit on the wall.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Can’t speak for this hunter, but I asked Jason to do one of these mounts for my gun buck this year.   I just wanted something different.   I packed him out on an ATV but that wouldn’t really fit on the wall.  

You've never seen one of those "truck bed" mounts? LOL!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Now that season is finally over, it's TAXIDERMY time once again. My first attempt at a backpack...all finished up minus a few personal touches from the hunter.

****For all you internet ECOs, the tag is green because the deer was taken in 2018.

20201223_074308.jpg

20201223_074237.jpg

Love it great job!

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

20201223_074308.jpg

20201223_074237.jpg

I absolutely Love it! Never seen one like that! Just so cool!

Great work as always my friend.

• Thanks 1