Wuzzles 2020

Lomax

Some large yotes there.  Ever see them in daylight?  We've shot a couple in deer season and the neighbors have started trapping them.  Numbers have seemed to go down this year. Less pics than we did for.a.couple years.

I've tried hunting them a couple times after deer season but no luck.  I have a real knack of calling them in during turkey season though.

Same here Rob I have tried hunting them some but have no real successes or passion for hunting them.  
Lifetime I have Taken 2 yotes thus far and 4 fox 3 w bow and 1 w shotgun.   Only been hunting for them a few times a few during day and some at night.   Ones I have taken were just opportunistic shots  

don’t have any trapping experience but am not against it or others doing it.  So seeing a few less wuzzles on cam wouldn’t bother me Perhaps turkey numbers would grow as a result

I've been a couple times hunting them never cared too much for it either.  

Our rabbit and turkey numbers did seem to go up.  Plus our chances of leaving a deer for a bit might be helped out.  A couple years ago I shot a doe before dark. Came back in the morn to find it and not a bite left and the head was even gone. 

Yeah if they piranhaed it overnight guessing good population of wuzzles I haven’t had that happen and hope I never do.

Pics seem to increase once the gut piles fall...wouldn’t mind knocking a few down if I can but they are such wary nomadic critters.  
will give it a shoot this winter 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 5:30 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Some large yotes there.  Ever see them in daylight?  We've shot a couple in deer season and the neighbors have started trapping them.  Numbers have seemed to go down this year. Less pics than we did for.a.couple years.

I've tried hunting them a couple times after deer season but no luck.  I have a real knack of calling them in during turkey season though.

I had a gobbler flopping 25 yards or so out in a field.  As I started to approach a coyote came out of the woods and started approaching the gobbler.  For a bit I thought we were going to have a discussion about who that turkey belonged to.  He eventually changed direction and ran 100 yards out and sat down, watched me recover the gobbler.  He or she must have been very hungry.  I have called in coyotes, foxes and raccoons in the spring.  One fox came right up to my blind with a gray squirrel in his mouth.  Talk about greedy!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...