President Trump throws wrench into COVID-19 relief agreement

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-bill.html

The article states “It’s called the Covid relief bill, but it has almost nothing to do with Covid, Mr. Trump said.”

• ·         Welcome to the real world of politicians President Trump.  Politicians whose first interest and sometimes only interest is supporting themselves, their family and friends, and NOT the American people. 

The article states “Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests while sending the bare minimum to the American people.” 

• ·         Nothing new.  Congress always finds “money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests while sending the bare minimum to the American people.”  For too many years, America has sacrificed its treasure of American military lives and tax dollars spent on many foreign crap holes.  But then how can politicians get their family and friends high paying jobs in America and in foreign countries without their “connections”.

The article states “I am asking Congress to amend this bill and increase the ridiculously low $600 to $2,000,” he added. 

•  Apparently, President Trump places the American people first.  Unlike the “swamp” politicians who find “plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests while sending the bare minimum to the American people.”  Again, how else can they get their family and friends high paying jobs in America and in foreign countries.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-attack-on-covid-relief-bill-could-lead-to-government-shutdown-lapse-in-unemployment-aid/ar-BB1cbbEU?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “Trump took no interest at all in the negotiations. None. It was his own party that insisted the checks be $600," Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., tweeted Wednesday. 

"If you think he cares about the size of the checks, I've got a bridge to sell you. All this is a middle finger to America on his way out the door." 

• ·         Apparently Senator Murphy’s has a poor memory of the past four years where President Trump was given the “middle finger” by so many in his party, the Democrats.   Most notably the impeachment over a hoax that occurred while President Barrack Hussein Obama and FBI Director James Comey were on the job.
  • Like 2

Makes me sick. Glad he vetoed it.  $600 to buy off the American people for a bill that is 5600 pages long and should be 56 pages.  Billions of dollars of pork and foreign aid.  Govt printing money they don't have and buy us off with $600, to shut us up.  Both parties should be ashamed to even present this. I am not a Trump guy but I will miss the things like this that he does.  He is damn right - if they want to spend that amount of money then give it to the American people that are struggling and have paid for it, why are we sending money to Cambodia and Guatemala....

I've said for 20 years there should be a law that each piece of legislation must pass on it's OWN merit and NO other legislation can be attached to it.  This would end a lot of the backroom deals when they have to present their pet projects for approval on it's own and not buried on page 3400 of a bill no one has read. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

house Republicans just blocked it again today. Great!

Do to the pork so yes it was great, read past the headlines and find the facts. The  USA does not need to be sending money all over the world when we are 27 plus trillion in debt. Where you not the person that brought up having to play school tax with no kids you are in 130000 dept along with every taxpayer do to this pork sending. So did the 1200 dollars the Democratic wanted all along also have the pork spending, yes is the answer. Trump wanted 1200 direct payment in October and 2000 now with no pork spending. Stop being so partisan, open your eyes and you will see the Democratics are the ones screwing you this time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Do to the pork so yes it was great, read past the headlines and find the facts. The  USA does not need to be sending money all over the world when we are 27 plus trillion in debt. Where you not the person that brought up having to play school tax with no kids you are in 130000 dept along with every taxpayer do to this pork sending. So did the 1200 dollars the Democratic wanted all along also have the pork spending, yes is the answer. Trump wanted 1200 direct payment in October and 2000 now with no pork spending. Stop being so partisan, open your eyes and you will see the Democratics are the ones screwing you this time.

everyone wants pork. are you trying to tell me the republican party is looking out for the working man? I think they are looking out for the ultra rich.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

everyone wants pork. are you trying to tell me the republican party is looking out for the working man? I think they are looking out for the ultra rich.

If there was no pork every representative would have voted for it is what I am telling you or this would have been their last term in any office. If the Republicans are for the ultra rich why do they all give their donations to the Democratic Party. You should really check out to which party the ultra rich make donation to. Don’t get me wrong I believe all politicians are in it for themselves. You seem to partisan to see this, the republican president wants a stand alone $2000 stimulus package and the Democrats filled it with pork again and you still blame the Republicans. Believe it or not it’s ok to side with the party that is right on a issue even if it is not your party.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Just stop being suckers. If you stepped in a pile of both these parties they both would smell like.... Shit.

Republicans good, Democrats bad. Democrats good, Republicans bad. They are one in the same.

Small differences. Ralph Nader put it nicely a while back..He said the only difference between the parties is how fast they fall to their knees when big corporations knock on the door. The democrats are a tad slower. 

That is why the two party system sucks. With more options the right right right wing folks could have their party and the green folks could have their own

3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Small differences. Ralph Nader put it nicely a while back..He said the only difference between the parties is how fast they fall to their knees when big corporations knock on the door. The democrats are a tad slower. 

That is why the two party system sucks. With more options the right right right wing folks could have their party and the green folks could have their own

Its actually the opposite dems are the party of big  corporations look who they donate to 2 to 1 big corporations give to dems    that's the biggest lie in politics that dems are for the little guy.  

• Like 1

Surely all the money in the Coronavirus Relief bill to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, and other countries will help us out of our current problems. Gender studies in Pakistan are central to controlling the virus. Plus, all the money to start the Green New Deal will help people in that industry. The $600 check only accounts for only about 20% of the Coronavirus Relief bill.

I hope people understand that I am facetious. But I guess these days, with a political party seriously demanding these items in exchange for passing the Coronavirus Relief, nothing is obviously facetious.

Regarding the Coronavirus Relief bill, I have to say that even having $2,000 for everyone also doesn't make sense. For example, why do government workers who haven't missed a paycheck get $2,000? Why do Apple, Amazon, Twitter, and FB employees who have been doing very well during this pandemic get $2,000 each? Why did Chuck Schumer want Comedy Clubs getting money but not restaurants? Certain parts of the economy are hurting, so why not put a concentrated much smaller package on those most affected?

Trump is proposing that all the money that the Dems want given for a down payment in their Green New Deal and to foreign countries be given in lump sum payments to people. The Dems moved to have the $2K added on to the rest of their spending and the Republicans blocked the unanimous consent move. Trump had warned Congress before their votes that he wasn’t happy with their proposal, but the Dems thought that the Congressional Republicans and Trump were so desperate to get something through that they would agree to anything. The Dems were right about the congressional Republicans, but apparently not about Trump.
This is also sold as a stimulus, but It isn't a stimulus. The money has to come from somewhere. All the government does is change who spends it. That produces no net increase in spending.  It isn't stimulus. 

It will never go through before the new jackass is inaugurated in anyway now.

I'm also pretty sure if Trump wanted to get this done he could do what all the other idiots have done in the past, and just write an executive order. Writing those things was Obama's way of life when he was in the house.

Edited by DirtTime

21 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Well it took Trump...what three days to cave in and sign the bill? Done deal today.

Cant wait to hear how all his jock strap riders spin this.

No spin better then nothing at all at least he  pointed out all the pork in that bill . 

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1