So shoulder issues, can I shoot 45 cal in a 50

luberhill

46 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If recoil is an issue I highly recommend going to a lighter bullet! I haven’t found much of a difference in recoil between charge rates but bullet weights are absolutely noticeable.

I’m not recoil sensitive but I shoot these with great results.9a1b72643388f7bd35fc9d42ce33061e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used these this year with crush rib sabots, they performed very consistent at 100 yards "unloading" with 100 gr bh209.  Can't find any right now though.

57 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My MLs are so heavy I don't feel any recoil at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not only weight but the powder , black powder has more of a push on your shoulder compared to a rifle or shotgun that hits quicker and harder. 

a 50 cal ml will shoot 50 cal. saboted rounds...which use a .45 cal. projectile. What will work best for you can only be answered by you experimenting at the range. What works for one person may very well not be best for the next. I would certainly stay away from three pellet (150 grain total) charges, which arent necessary for deer anyway. Starting out pick a black powder substitute that you can reliably find and work from there. If you want to be proficient...it will take time at the range.

21 minutes ago, luberhill said:

What’s the diff ? Isn’t a 209 primer the same for both ?

The MZ primers are supposed to be weaker , the theory i believe is that a shot primer can dislodge the load before it fully combusts and cause inconsistencies in shot placement , so the weaker primer is supposed to ignite with out to much pressure . The blackhorn ignites much quicker then the other powders and pellets on the market and the hotter primer will ignite it faster .   

18 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The MZ primers are supposed to be weaker , the theory i believe is that a shot primer can dislodge the load before it fully combusts and cause inconsistencies in shot placement , so the weaker primer is supposed to ignite with out to much pressure . The blackhorn ignites much quicker then the other powders and pellets on the market and the hotter primer will ignite it faster .   

So what primers do I use with 777 pellets 

The founder of the company killed Jeremy's great-grandfather in a North Tonawanda saloon, circa 1886. The locals said it was a fair fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haha gotta be a reason! And that would be a good one!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1