Lease i saw..

700 acres......how many guys/girls get in on this together........even at 7 your only at a 1400 for the year per person. Like GMan said taxes are going up.....never down. At some people's different stages of life a 1400 a year is way easier to swing than paying taxes plus a pretty hefty lump some payment for hunting land.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

700 acres......how many guys/girls get in on this together........even at 7 your only at a 1400 for the year per person. Like GMan said taxes are going up.....never down. At some people's different stages of life a 1400 a year is way easier to swing than paying taxes plus a pretty hefty lump some payment for hunting land.

I would assume a group would go in on it together.  A lease by me went to a group and they negotiated fixing the cabin on it for the lease... time will tell if they do.

Ya I’ve never paid one dollar to gain hunting access . In NY not going to happen . If I lost my spot, I could jump on nearby spots for free no problem .

We’ve turned the corner on an average guy hunting a few weekends , to a rich mans hobby . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ya I’ve never paid one dollar to gain hunting access . In NY not going to happen . If I lost my spot, I could jump on nearby spots for free no problem .

We’ve turned the corner on an average guy hunting a few weekends , to a rich mans hobby . 

It's amazing how fast they go, too.  My Aunt leased her place in 2 pieces to the tune of about 7 grand total.  People renting are basically paying the people taxes.  Both places went within a week.  On the other hand there was a huge uptick in public hunting this year.

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

Public land is still free, arcade hunter walked on a new piece to him i believe and scored a nice buck after a few sits. 

• Like 1

Public land is still free, arcade hunter walked on a new piece to him i believe and scored a nice buck after a few sits. 
There is a plus and a minus to everything. Some people pay to use a gym and were left high and dry when they all shut down......but the people who work out at home and already had their equipment didn't miss a beat. Others pay to hunt a private lease and enjoy going when they want and most the time aren't worried about other hunters....while public land is very rewarding it can give a hunter fits.