Trying To Allow Rifles In Tompkins County

Zhe Wiz

I would love it if it passed ! but seeing as ithaca in in tompkins county the hippies will never let it happen.

EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. :-( Someone once died from a rifle bullet that bounced off 2 rocks, a tree and a Prius...no way they can allow such dangerous weapons of mass destruction anywhere near Ithaca or Lansing. :-)

I have a .243 and a 7mm-08 that are itching to be used!! I'd love to (almost) retire my 12 gauge.

Zhe Wiz

Good news. It would be good if Dave Henderson was supportive as he appeared not to be a few years ago. I will keep an eye on this and provide written support.

Easy on the hippies. Nothing like deep dish at the Nines after a long day in the woods.

The notes are available from the Public Safety Committee meeting recommending this go to the legislature: http://tompkinscountyny.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=15&ID=1504

Some misinformation in there (500 yards vs 500 FEET) but hopefully that's a typo and not REALLY what Sheriff Lansing said. Overall pretty positive, and some good points made in support of rifles.

Please do email these guys! The plan was announced on local radio this morning, so you can be sure the anti's will be making some noise, we need to make sure our side is heared as well!

Zhe Wiz

• 2 weeks later...

EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. :-( Someone once died from a rifle bullet that bounced off 2 rocks, a tree and a Prius...no way they can allow such dangerous weapons of mass destruction anywhere near Ithaca or Lansing. :-)

I have a .243 and a 7mm-08 that are itching to be used!! I'd love to (almost) retire my 12 gauge.

Zhe Wiz

Lol.. bounced off a prius.. well done

• 3 weeks later...

I always said if I was in a shotgun only area I would use my muzzle loader.(if allowed) I have heard the reason for no rifles is because it's very flat out there I guess & their fear is bullet travel ? There is no reason that a muzzle loader can't be as effective as a rifle. They have come a long way.

I do use my ML, which is why I want to use a rifle! In fact, last year was the first year I didn't kill a single deer with my shotgun, even though I got three deer overall. One with a bow, one with an x-bow and one with my Savage smokeless ML. The Savage performs like a rifle for sure, but it kicks like a mule. :-) I'd rather have my 7-08 any day!

Zhe Wiz