Homemade venison sausage

NYBowhunter

The only packet breakfast sausage that I like is from the sausage maker in Buffalo… I’ll take a pic of a recipe for you this afternoon if I forget by 6pm remind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Serious question....Who is the sausage maker in Buffalo?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Serious question....Who is the sausage maker in Buffalo?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Lol, the store name is “The Sausage Maker” located on Clinton street in Buffalo. Has a ton of sausage, jerky and smoking items. You can also order online. I stopped in there last year for the first time ever small place but has everything that you need.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not venison sausage. But mixed up some sausage to case this weekend. 9lbs of ground pork, 1lb ground bacon, minced garlic, smoked sausage spice mix from the Amish, liquid smoke, cup of apple sauce and some Morton's tender quick. Mixed and in the fridge to case on Sunday . 38010f4e436430db5b00e3f86ef93c9d.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Next batch planned is gonna be smoked apple with cheddar high temp cheese. And a batch of Italian with roasted red peppers.

Roasted peppers sound good but I’m thinking about trying some with sundried tomatoes puréed super fine so they are chewy

• Like 1

Roasted peppers sound good but I’m thinking about trying some with sundried tomatoes puréed super fine so they are chewy

https://www.waltonsinc.com/sundried-tomato-italian-sausage-seasoning

I saw this earlier today when I ordered some Tuscan vodka seasoning and high temp cheese.

• Like 1

Not venison but pork sausage. Realized I like the taste of pork sausage more than venison sausage but love the burgers from venison. So all my grind goes to burgers.

Made 10lbs each of a Tuscan vodka sausage with roasted red peppers and a smoked/apple with high temp cheddar.

Mixed up to flavor overnight. Will try a test patty of each tomorrow and then add the high temp cheddar cheese to the smoked/apple and case it all. 8f68e3b6f8e7247ecf20024c811fb470.jpg

• Like 2

Not venison but pork sausage. Realized I like the taste of pork sausage more than venison sausage but love the burgers from venison. So all my grind goes to burgers.

Made 10lbs each of a Tuscan vodka sausage with roasted red peppers and a smoked/apple with high temp cheddar.

Mixed up to flavor overnight. Will try a test patty of each tomorrow and then add the high temp cheddar cheese to the smoked/apple and case it all. 8f68e3b6f8e7247ecf20024c811fb470.jpg

Ruby red flex

• Like 2

I just grabbed 12 pounds of a$$ (some call it pork butt) for spring break sausage making…..definitely making more smoked for boils and up for suggestions for another variety

Parsley and cheese (prob my next but not for a while)

Maple and blueberry breakfast (I've made this and it was good)

Reuben (haven't made it yet but constanzas from TF was good)

Onion and pepper (made this a few times)

Parsley and cheese (prob my next but not for a while)

Maple and blueberry breakfast (I've made this and it was good)

Reuben (haven't made it yet but constanzas from TF was good)

Onion and pepper (made this a few times)

I have a true aversion to maple syrup as a MS teacher who has kids show up still sticky from breakfast with syrupy smells!
The Reuben is intriguing- more research needed!

• Like 1

I have a true aversion to maple syrup as a MS teacher who has kids show up still sticky from breakfast with syrupy smells!
The Reuben is intriguing- more research needed!

Just did a test pattie of each of the ones I mixed up yesterday. Both were awesome. Very happy how they came out. Gonna case them soon. I won't make anymore now til next winter probably. More of a cold weather hobby.

If we were closer I have enough Tuscan spices left for another 10-15 lbs and smoked sausage spices for the same. Guess I will just have to make more!

• Like 1