Shot Help

bfahy13

Another vote for a hit back from the lungs. Last year i hit two does back a bit,one lung liver/liver. Neither of them wanted to run anywhere. I backed out on both without jumping them and found both. One was 50 yds from the hit site,the other 120 yds. I wish i could have gotten another arrow in either bit could not get close enough without busting them out of there.

Sorry for the delay. 

Looked a few hours this morning. Just a few white hairs where she was standing and a tiny bit of blood and white hair on the arrow. 

Walked all over searching for blood and nothing was found. I had to go to work but am pretty confident I clipped a tree branch and just grazed her belly slightly and that she will live to be seen again. Sucks for sure but knowing she will be okay puts me at ease. Thanks everyone.

1 minute ago, bfahy13 said:

Sorry for the delay. 

Looked a few hours this morning. Just a few white hairs where she was standing and a tiny bit of blood and white hair on the arrow. 

Walked all over searching for blood and nothing was found. I had to go to work but am pretty confident I clipped a tree branch and just grazed her belly slightly and that she will live to be seen again. Sucks for sure but knowing she will be okay puts me at ease. Thanks everyone.

I think its great you came back to take a look. I'm telling you though deer are tough animals and I have found them hours after I've given up because it means so much to me to find them. Wish you had more time to look. 

5 minutes ago, First-light said:

I think its great you came back to take a look. I'm telling you though deer are tough animals and I have found them hours after I've given up because it means so much to me to find them. Wish you had more time to look. 

I agree, they are very tough. We had shot one this year with a crossbow, and managed to survive. Was running around the next day with a limp, but still seemed fine. I would not have backed out, if I ha managed to find blood. 3 of us searched for at least 1.5 hours and no blood was found. 

• Like 2