2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

Anybody have any trips planned for 2021? January Deer (whitetail, Mule Deer, Coues), Winter mountain lions or furbearers, turkey/bear in the spring, or any big game next fall? I got nothing planned as of now, but I have 7 PP's in wyoming for Elk, 6 for mule deer, and 6 for antelope. My Dad has a friend who moved to Payson, Arizona last year so it's tempting to stay there and hunt for whatever i can draw a tag for on public land nearby. But, of course, covid is throwing everything off with a baby at home.

@Chef I think is going for Bear? @Trial153 I'm guessing is heading somewhere? @phade going for Ohio late season whitetails? Anyone else?

With any luck's I will have a few bow hunts next year. I am Skipping my usual cous/mule deer hunt next month and going on cat hunt with my buddy in WY.

August is wide open, i will have apps out for limited entry lope tags in NV, Utah, and AZ as well early NV or AZ elk tags depending on the dates.

Providing travel to Canada is good to go, and since I had my vax, with luck some I will he in BC mid September for a mountain goat hunt.

First two weeks of October should find me with an elk tag in Montana, as I have about an 80% chance of drawing a tag I been putting in for.

November I will be in Ky and Ks. Planning on December home unless I draw a late season Nevada tag.

Then next Jan it will be cous in mexico or AZ.

Everything can change though if I draw a sheep tag in say Alaska, AZ, montana, Idaho, WY, Co, NV or Utah .....

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Trial153 said:

With any luck's I will have a few bow hunts next year. I am Skipping my usual cous/mule deer hunt next month and going on cat hunt with my buddy in WY.

August is wide open, i will have apps out for limuted entry lope and early NV or AZ elk tags depending on the dates.

Providing travel to Canada is good to go, and since I had my vax, with luck I will he in BC mid September for a mountain goat hunt.

First two weeks of October should find me with an elk tag in Montana, as I have about an 80% chance of drawing a tag I been putting in for.

November I will be in Ky and Ks. Planning on December home unless I draw a late season Nevada tag.
Then next Jan it will be cous in mexico or AZ.

Everything can change though if I draw a sheep tag in say Alaska, AZ, montana, Idaho, WY, Co, NV or Utah .....

Awesome. That's a ton of adventures!

Does WY need to have snow where you are hunting for lions? I shot one in 2012 in arizona, but it was a dry-ground only hunt. Also, for your BC goat hunt are you by chance hunting with Babine? I only ask because I know they are one of the very well known ones. My Dad shot 2 wolves with them many years ago.

Awesome. That's a ton of adventures!
Does WY need to have snow where you are hunting for lions? I shot one in 2012 in arizona, but it was a dry-ground only hunt. Also, for your BC goat hunt are you by chance hunting with Babine? I only ask because I know they are one of the very well known ones. My Dad shot 2 wolves with them many years ago.

We are hoping for snow for sure. The area we are in will have some elevation so that should help. Fingers crossed for fresh snow every night of the hunt.

I am not hunting with Babine. Funny though you mentioned them because I tried to book this years hunt with them. At the time he wouldn't commit because he was unsure if the guide that does his bow hunts would be available for this. We both thought my second choice made more sense for a bow hunt. Hopefully it comes though...speaking of which I need to start getting back in shape.
My buddy and I also had bear hunt scheduled with babine for this spring but decided to cancel of travel restrictions, instead I will spend some time deer hunting with him on his farm in KY.

9 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

We are hoping for snow for sure. The area we are in will have some elevation so that should help. Fingers crossed for fresh snow every night of the hunt.

I am not hunting with Babine. Funny though you mentioned them because I tried to book this years hunt with them. At the time he wouldn't commit because he was unsure if the guide that does his bow hunts would be available for this. We both thought my second choice made more sense for a bow hunt. Hopefully it comes though...speaking of which I need to start getting back in shape.
My buddy and I also had bear hunt scheduled with babine for this spring but decided to cancel of travel restrictions, instead I will spend some time deer hunting with him on his farm in KY.

Nice! small world. Their spot & stalk black bear hunts look awesome.

• Like 1

Idk ,nephew has a sweet spot in Tennessee and cleans up, problem is he owns a very successful company there , and he and his partners flip companies across the US, they currently own 25 . So it’s hard to schedule anything with him as he’s always flying somewhere .

My buddies in Montana have a good spot , but again it’s hard to, pin them down to,a time in advance , that and I’d be flying out for a long weekend .

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ancient technique.  They move fast so it’s not easy. 

Let me know if the PA drive doesn't work out, Moog....I have a corner on some awesome porky hunting here in NY..In fact only a year or two ago I could have shown you a picture of a couple of hundred porky quills  in my Muck boots and recoil pad from trying to dislodge a porky from the chair in my treestand...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Let me know if the PA drive doesn't work out, Moog....I have a corner on some awesome porky hunting here in NY..In fact only a year or two ago I could have shown you a picture of a couple of hundred porky quills  in my Muck boots and recoil pad from trying to dislodge a porky from the chair in my treestand...

What do you mean Dan.  I thought you were doing the porky driving while I sit on post!

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

What do you mean Dan.  I thought you were doing the porky driving while I sit on post!

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

We don't drive 'em down here in Dogpatch, Moog.. That is considered bad form, and only practiced by <<CRINGE>>  city hunters......We stiil hunt them.. From the ground.... Mano a mano....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Do you need preference points? It seems the top units are 3-4 years? But I haven’t inquired too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh in that case its a 2023-24 lol. There are points, but i thought it was an every other year thing. Maybe ill do kansas instead

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

We don't drive 'em down here in Dogpatch, Moog.. That is considered bad form, and only practiced by <<CRINGE>>  city hunters......We stiil hunt them.. From the ground.... Mano a mano....

Man you guys are even tougher than I thought!    At the risk of angering a man of your toughness, I think it’s Pata a Mano.  

1 minute ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Oh in that case its a 2023-24 lol. There are points, but i thought it was an every other year thing. Maybe ill do kansas instead

Yes 3 pp gets you a good chance at a solid unit.   I would gift you mine if they are transferable.  Waste of $150.