2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

4 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

MD has good public land bucks? Im thinking something like Kansas, nebraska or N. Dakota, but im open to suggestions 

Never researched MD.  Just know they have a ton of deer.   Areas of wisc are also loaded and lots of public land.  Check out hunting beast forum.   

• Like 1

MD has good public land bucks? Im thinking something like Kansas, nebraska or N. Dakota, but im open to suggestions 

Wyoming is a sleeper state for public land whitetails.

If you want closer, PA has great stateland areas- I can steer you in the right direction to see a bunch of deer.

If you are going with a bow, you can’t bowsite forum for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

27 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I saw a meateater show where he was hunting sitka deer in Maryland. Seemed like an interesting hunt 

Ive actually been thinking of going to hunt them too. We have them on Long Island too

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you want closer, PA has great stateland areas- I can steer you in the right direction to see a bunch of deer.

Oh ill take a hard look at wyoming then. My aunts husbands father used to hunt there and do very well

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Id love to bowhunt, but im not opposed to rifle hunting either. Looking hard at Idaho for rifle and N.Dakota/Kansas for bow

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 1

2020 was good to me.  I drew 5 tags out west and turned 2 of them back.  Went west with a  WY pronghorn, WY moose , and a NV desert bighorn tag.  Turned back MT elk deer combo tag.   I can only hope 2021 will be good to me.  Covid has me worried right now.  A friend drew WY pronghorn with me last year and didn't go. Covid seems worse now than last year when i was applying for tags.  Its already changed some of my apps for 2021.  I was planning on applying for oscela turkeys in Florida and didn't because of covid. I didn't apply for goulds turkey tag in AZ becuase of covid.  I'm thinking of just doing points in  some of the southwest states because  of covid and how dry it is there.  I'm hoping to draw MT elk deer combo and at least one pronghorn tag for this year.   I'll still put in for a bunch of other tags and hope the draw gods will be good to me.  

• Like 4

2020 was good to me.  I drew 5 tags out west and turned 2 of them back.  Went west with a  WY pronghorn, WY moose , and a NV desert bighorn tag.  Turned back MT elk deer combo tag.   I can only hope 2021 will be good to me.  Covid has me worried right now.  A friend drew WY pronghorn with me last year and didn't go. Covid seems worse now than last year when i was applying for tags.  Its already changed some of my apps for 2021.  I was planning on applying for oscela turkeys in Florida and didn't because of covid. I didn't apply for goulds turkey tag in AZ becuase of covid.  I'm thinking of just doing points in  some of the southwest states because  of covid and how dry it is there.  I'm hoping to draw MT elk deer combo and at least one pronghorn tag for this year.   I'll still put in for a bunch of other tags and hope the draw gods will be good to me.  

Awesome. How’d you do in Wyoming & Nevada?!? A sheep!

I will be Spring Turkey Hunting in New Jersey for my 28th Year in a row.
  New Jersey Spring Turkey 2021 opens on Monday- April 26th.Hopefully,I can purchase a Turkey Permit over the counter as,I don't take part in their " Lottery " Phase. I always am able to get a permit or 2 though . 
 Took a big 15 Jake last Spring in the Wilds of the Newark Watershed. 35,000 Acres and loaded to the Gills with Black Bear.
Bill we gonna get me my first public land gobbler? Ideally a nice longbeard so I can have a second bird to flank me on either side of my couch!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Bill we gonna get me my first public land gobbler? Ideally a nice longbeard so I can have a second bird to flank me on either side of my couch!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Did you post your Turkey mount yet??

I'll be heading back to Wyoming again for mulies and pronghorn. I think I'll be able to draw on a Special with no points for either or both. Have an absolute blast out there! Also have some irons in the fire for a New Mexico mulie hunt. And, of course, the entire NY southern zone rifle season up on Eagle Mountain.

• Like 1

I'll be heading back to Wyoming again for mulies and pronghorn. I think I'll be able to draw on a Special with no points for either or both. Have an absolute blast out there! Also have some irons in the fire for a New Mexico mulie hunt. And, of course, the entire NY southern zone rifle season up on Eagle Mountain.

Nice. What area of WY? I went for Mule Deer & Antelope in 2012 and 2014 and itching to go back

My son and I should have enough points to do Gator in GA this coming season. I also wanted to get him on an out of state whitetail hunt. I’ve always wanted to try Anticosti. I got my bud down in NC checking out some public land hog as well. It all depends on the Covid crap too. See how the next couple of months go and decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglemountainman said:

Eagle mountain by beaver kill?