2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

General B for mulies. Sorry, hate to be an ass, but can't divulge the pronghorn unit.

No worries. I was just curious. Not looking for a spot. I hunted near Recluse and then Buffalo. I wasn’t to say unit 23 was one of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The midwest will be calling in November. My hunting partner and I simply waited too long to go past Ohio. It took both of us tagging out early here in NY to spur a no-plan trip and it was epic. I didn't take enough photos. We will be back in the midwest for some scouting and shed hunting in the late winter/spring.

45345E92-1C85-48B5-879C-1B62F58A9727.jpeg

9E5A21AA-B78B-4248-B8F4-A8DFB069E92E.jpeg

C2A707A6-9B10-4A6D-9A68-2B7C11637D09.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
The midwest will be calling in November. My hunting partner and I simply waited too long to go past Ohio. It took both of us tagging out early here in NY to spur a no-plan trip and it was epic. I didn't take enough photos. We will be back in the midwest for some scouting and shed hunting in the late winter/spring.
45345E92-1C85-48B5-879C-1B62F58A9727.thumb.jpeg.84c7f45b221c442dadd0ba2cfc7d61a6.jpeg
9E5A21AA-B78B-4248-B8F4-A8DFB069E92E.thumb.jpeg.098d28aa4b825568352a98626b1da8d6.jpeg
C2A707A6-9B10-4A6D-9A68-2B7C11637D09.thumb.jpeg.a5077b4e8ba0acb155fef468466f4ac6.jpeg
Sorry to thread crap.....But Wowza......that's a freaking donkey! Hell of a fall ya had.
Just curious....what did that bruiser weigh?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On 12/29/2020 at 10:23 AM, phade said:

45345E92-1C85-48B5-879C-1B62F58A9727.jpeg

Awesome buck, interested in learning where you got that pulley set and for how much. Looks stout.

I have enough points to do Iowa with my bow this year, but I'm probably going to wait and see if I get lucky and draw any elk tags first. I did end up taking a nice antelope in WY this past fall. Beautiful country. 

How much are deer points in Iowa and do you need to buy license each year also?

I have enough points to do Iowa with my bow this year, but I'm probably going to wait and see if I get lucky and draw any elk tags first. I did end up taking a nice antelope in WY this past fall. Beautiful country. 

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think about $65. No license needed. I have 4 points so I'm pretty much set for an archery tag this year. Arizona hits me over the head with the license fee each year. 

9 minutes ago, GR HUNTER said:

I think about $65. No license needed. I have 4 points so I'm pretty much set for an archery tag this year. Arizona hits me over the head with the license fee each year. 

Wow, not bad. Thanks. Yes, Arizona is tough so I do WY- I have 7 PP's for Elk and 6 for deer, and 6 for lope right now.

Wow, not bad. Thanks. Yes, Arizona is tough so I do WY- I have 7 PP's for Elk and 6 for deer, and 6 for lope right now.
You are able to skip years. Just don't skip two consecutively otherwise you lose your points

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You are able to skip years. Just don't skip two consecutively otherwise you lose your points

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I would never skip a year. makes no sense.

Four of us had a rifle elk / deer hunt planned in British Columbia for last September. The border closing required us postpone the hunt to this year. Hopefully Trudeau opens up the Canadian border before then. The outfitters up there are really hurting financially now.

We had to find a western hunt to fill in the gap last year. We found a last minute Nebraska late muzzleloader hunt for December. Had a great time and we shot beautiful bucks. 

I have lots of opportunities with PPs in other states, but am trying to use them wisely for future trophy bucket list hunts. I.e. have 27 PPs in Colorado for elk, also doing another Colorado eastern plains mule deer hunt in 2022. I had to book that hunt 5 years in advance.

It's too bad a guy needs to wait long years or a half of a life time to hunt a trophy area out west now.

• Like 2

Four of us had a rifle elk / deer hunt planned in British Columbia for last September. The border closing required us postpone the hunt to this year. Hopefully Trudeau opens up the Canadian border before then. The outfitters up there are really hurting financially now.
   We had to find a western hunt to fill in the gap last year. We found a last minute Nebraska late muzzleloader hunt for December. Had a great time and we shot beautiful bucks. 
   I have lots of opportunities with PPs in other states, but am trying to use them wisely for future trophy bucket list hunts. I.e. have 27 PPs in Colorado for elk, also doing another Colorado eastern plains mule deer hunt in 2022. I had to book that hunt 5 years in advance.
   It's too bad a guy needs to wait long years or a half of a life time to hunt a trophy area out west now.

Let's see some pics of these Nebraska muzzleloader studs... Last few years my buddy is hunted the last week of bow opening week of rifle in Nebraska and hasn't really come home with much to brag about.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk