2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

Right now my son is looking into a Maryland sea duck hunt on the Chesapeake Bay next December or January for the 2 of us. We like to hunt out of state for something we cannot hunt here. We started going on an out of state hunt for something different every year since I retired. I hope to continue this practice for as long as I am capable of doing so. We enjoy our hunting trips whether we score or not. I hope that everyone planning an out of state hunt this year gets to do so.      valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 2

Ill be doing a trip to Wyoming this year for an elk. Friend of mine just bought a guide business out there 2 years ago, and has produced some great success. 

Which one? I got 7 PP’s for Elk in WY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Which one? I got 7 PP’s for Elk in WY

They own Constant Quest, formerly known as Thorofare Outfitters. I have one point, but he has said the odds of drawing a bow lottery are worth applying when I buy my point this year. hey are located in unit 60 I believe. I have nothing set in stone now, but if I were to draw one this year, I could show up the following morning for a hunt. 

• Like 1

[mention=4977]Trial153[/mention] Did you go on your lion hunt yet or this month? wondering how it went.
Yea got back last week. The hunt went as well as it could have considering the conditions. My buddy and caught and let go two females, one on the first day and one on last. Our tags were either sex however we passed on them. Going back in Dec for another crack at a Tom.
b9115674f1529659d21e9e3f9e27b839.jpgf26d4e6a65efd27731d02e3311524ccd.jpg3599216c6ec6b509a9c9e1e419d5a22f.jpgd865113822a4146b33f6bd2c5153a55e.jpg
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Yea got back last week. The hunt went as well as it could have considering the conditions. My buddy and caught and let go two females, one on the first day and one on last. Our tags were either sex however we passed on them. Going back in Dec for another crack at a Tom.
b9115674f1529659d21e9e3f9e27b839.jpgf26d4e6a65efd27731d02e3311524ccd.jpg3599216c6ec6b509a9c9e1e419d5a22f.jpgd865113822a4146b33f6bd2c5153a55e.jpg

nice. same license year? that's what i did for my lion hunt. went in february and then october under same tag since i wanted a tom in arizona.

11 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I hear they actually taste good. I'd be curious to see if you agree.

I've tried mt lion, lynx, and bobcat backstraps. all tasted kinda like tough pork to me? nothing really worth remembering but some people love it.

• Like 1

Just submitted my Maine Moose lottery. $25 for 3 chances. 2nd year trying. I put [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention] as my sub-permittee. I did bull only. Only first week starting 9/27 and units 1,2,4, and 5
I am 15 years or so in, started in my mid 20s.
They f ucked us good when they allowed unlimited bonus points to be purchased..
I still apply however the odds are now terrible.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just submitted my Maine Moose lottery. $25 for 3 chances. 2nd year trying. I put @The_Real_TCIII as my sub-permittee. I did bull only. Only first week starting 9/27 and units 1,2,4, and 5

i got to do this.  I think i have 9 -10 years in something like that. I go with the 10 chances for $55.  I also do 10 areas and cow or bull.  Just would like the experience of going.  Good luck!!!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

I am 15 years or so in, started in my mid 20s.
They f ucked us good when they allowed unlimited bonus points to be purchased..
I still apply however the odds are now terrible.

Yea, I don't really have the urge to hunt Moose. But for $25/year it's like the PA elk draw, where you never know and would be cool to get lucky. Or i sell my coveted tag to TCIII for millions! LOL

I believe we're dialing a March trip up to head midwest for scouting/shed hunting and securing up some added access. Awful drive times...15 hours and change each way. Thought about flying for this trip but COVID/pandemic makes it much less attractive. We might bring some stands out to set up and get ourselves a head start for the fall.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

I believe we're dialing a March trip up to head midwest for scouting/shed hunting and securing up some added access. Awful drive times...15 hours and change each way. Thought about flying for this trip but COVID/pandemic makes it much less attractive. We might bring some stands out to set up and get ourselves a head start for the fall.

besides the drive that sounds great. I would definitely fly and save 2 days. What state(s)? 

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, I don't really have the urge to hunt Moose. But for $25/year it's like the PA elk draw, where you never know and would be cool to get lucky. Or i sell my coveted tag to TCIII for millions! LOL

You draw an early hunt in #2 and ill definitely pay you back the $25 for it

• Like 2

I would love to see the video of you watching him watch a Cow walk on the last day with his still virgin Matthews cause she has no bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t apply for cow tag. Bull only.

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

I would love to see the video of you watching him watch a Cow walk on the last day with his still virgin Matthews cause she has no bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to do that in Ontario, no cow tag. She went literally THROUGH the stand I was in that was built across several aspen trees, walked out to 15 yards and stood broadside looking at me

• Haha 1