2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

I am 15 years or so in, started in my mid 20s.
They f ucked us good when they allowed unlimited bonus points to be purchased..
I still apply however the odds are now terrible.
When you hit 60+ and 30+ points in you get it automatically so nbd. Stick with it

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

11 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:
How did you see your points?

They show up on the bottom of your application page under your information..

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It was on the confirmation page.

thanks. i checked the email and it says 1 bonus points. which i assume is from last year and makes sense.

Looks like you guys can get a guaranteed permit if you move to maine once over 65 years old and have 30pts lol.

• Like 1

thanks. i checked the email and it says 1 bonus points. which i assume is from last year and makes sense.
Looks like you guys can get a guaranteed permit if you move to maine once over 65 years old and have 30pts lol.
Yes the tag comes when you put a down payment on used single wide.

2 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes the tag comes when you put a down payment on used single wide.

Smart move! I'll just take residence with @Bionic for my 65th bday

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Or if you total the most points of everyone.  So can't wait to gut and quarter a 1000 pound moose for my 75th and last birthday. Lol

Just a reminder. If you apply for a cow tag in Maine you increase your chances by I think 40%. You can possibly trade them for bull tags(plus cash). OMM outfitters did all that for me. I did the 10 chances for $55 and hit on year 3. I was told unit 3 is the best but anything 1 - 6 is good. Got my bull in unit 6. That was 2019 so I gotta do bonus points only for I think 1 more year. Coolest thing I ever did in my life. Can't wait to go back, might do a bear hunt up there too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, Trial153 said:

First two weeks of October should find me with an elk tag in Montana, as I have about an 80% chance of drawing a tag I been putting in for

Which unit ?  

17 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
14 hours ago, TLR said:
Which unit ?  

I don't mention units on line

If Montana's out fitters and guides,get their way diy hunting for non residents,is no longer going to be possible  and with the current anti public lands  billionaire govonor I'm pretty sure they will get what they want 

And my bad I forgot everything about Montana is super duper secret especially the elk hunting   

• Like 1

Looks like we are going to go to pa 1st week of bow.   4 of us planned so far.  Theres a huge chunk just over the border and a camp ground close by we are talking about staying at.  Nice thing is it's only 1.5hrs away so we can always make a weekend trip of it if we dont fill a tag during that 4 or 5 days we are down there.  

Also since it's so close  we are planning on taking 1 weekend in the summer maybe this spring before everything starts to green up to do a scouting trip to get a couple spots picked out so we arent going in completley blind.

We did talk about ohio but not knowing with covid we are taking the safe bet and just going to pa and maybe the following year do ohio.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

If Montana's out fitters and guides,get their way diy hunting for non residents,is no longer going to be possible  and with the current anti public lands  billionaire govonor I'm pretty sure they will get what they want 
And my bad I forgot everything about Montana is super duper secret especially the elk hunting   
The Bill's in montana, AZ and number of states suck this year. Total freaking bullshit. Outfitter and landowner welfare. Nothing more, almost uniallerly proposed by Republicans also. They love their welfare too.

It doesn't take much to blow up a unit for NR, some I'll timed comments and next thing you know it's taking way more points to draw.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Final update to my 2021 out-of-state hunting trip list:

1- Alabama hog

2- Hawaii axis

3- Quebec moose

Sweet list. Can anything else be hunted during the Bama trip in addition to hogs?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Planning a  muzzleloader Elk hunt in colorado. 1st  elk hunt for both of us.

We have a semi remote cabin rented , but plan on having supplies to stay out 2-3 days at a time. I'm picturing areas that we may want to hunt that we don't want to walk back out of daily. It definitely is going to be a learning experience.

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 5

Some of my friends talked to the outfitter in Saskatchewan we booked with an Indian reservation ,the guy said they had 6 guys all Canadian so we hope they open the boarder this year we had 2 hunts booked one in alberta in 2020 and in 2021 the Saskatchewan one.My bucket list is alligator in Louisiana .hog hunt in south carolina/ georgia and Canada for black bear .Its funny i watch steve rinella i get flash backs to the 60's watching curt gowdy on the american sportsman and a guy i doubt anyone would know on here gadabout gaddis with my father and swearing  one day i'm going to do that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought an Iowa preference point the other day gonna keep applying until I have enough to bow hunt there. Looks like 3-4 preference points are needed to draw for bow season.

Time to do my homework. A lot of what I'm reading is zone 5 has some nice state land.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Red said:

I bought an Iowa preference point the other day gonna keep applying until I have enough to bow hunt there. Looks like 3-4 preference points are needed to draw for bow season.

Time to do my homework. A lot of what I'm reading is zone 5 has some nice state land.

Ive got some of the THP spots from when they used to show the phone lol, Ill get them to you

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got some of the THP spots from when they used to show the phone lol, Ill get them to you

Lol. I'll gladly took them every bit every extra info and knowledge I can get will help.  I'll make sure to were my THP t shirt and hoodie while I'm out there. Lol

• Like 1