2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

• 2 weeks later...

figured i'd post an update. bunch of land leased in KY but will be hunting mostly in LaRue county Kentucky, right along the northeastern edge of a cluster of counties in KY with the highest qty of B&C entries for KY. If I tag out early I'm heading back toward home but hitting up Ohio (another 1 buck only state) for over the counter tag to hunt a big tract of state land in a B&C entry dense area for Ohio.

• Like 3

figured i'd post an update. bunch of land leased in KY but will be hunting mostly in LaRue county Kentucky, right along the northeastern edge of a cluster of counties in KY with the highest qty of B&C entries for KY. If I tag out early I'm heading back toward home but hitting up Ohio (another 1 buck only state) for over the counter tag to hunt a big tract of state land in a B&C entry dense area for Ohio.

Awesome! KY would likely be my pick if I did an out of state whitetail hunt. I’ve talked to whitetail crossing quite a bit over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Awesome! KY would likely be my pick if I did an out of state whitetail hunt. I’ve talked to whitetail crossing quite a bit over the years.

i forget but leases picked up early and some outfitter that started with the name Whitetail was trying to get in on the one i'll be mostly hunting.

• Like 1

A customer of mine has a lease in KY. Not sure where in the state but he's definitely been quite successful. This was his second tripadc3272002e39395259acd38d1695142.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am a bit confused....why all the mounts in a trailer?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I work for a moving company but he wanted to take all of his mounts himself in his own trailer. I believe that was his second trip

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 6/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, dbHunterNY said:

i forget but leases picked up early and some outfitter that started with the name Whitetail was trying to get in on the one i'll be mostly hunting.

Whitetail Heaven i bet.  They have a big outfitter business in KY and a couple border states.  I once looked up some outfitter info on them.  

We are locked in for NY/OH/MO. Going to be challenging year as work initiatives are likely going to be a factor for me for time off for the first time in 2-3 years. We will find a way to make it work. I’m just glad I didn’t splash in on Iowa since we have four points each.

Ohio buck here. Cams been slow due to the vegetation getting out of hand. Will make a trip there to do some trimming in the next week or two.

E05093E7-F5A3-48C6-B2E8-33ED0AB05E5F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 6/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

Whitetail Heaven i bet.  They have a big outfitter business in KY and a couple border states.  I once looked up some outfitter info on them.  

there's whitetail heaven and whitetail haven i guess. not sure which one is surrounding us.

We are locked in for NY/OH/MO. Going to be challenging year as work initiatives are likely going to be a factor for me for time off for the first time in 2-3 years. We will find a way to make it work. I’m just glad I didn’t splash in on Iowa since we have four points each.
Ohio buck here. Cams been slow due to the vegetation getting out of hand. Will make a trip there to do some trimming in the next week or two.
E05093E7-F5A3-48C6-B2E8-33ED0AB05E5F.jpeg.5181eb3d829bdf4260501979061279ee.jpeg

That should be a good one!

On 12/28/2020 at 9:10 PM, eaglemountainman said:

I'll be heading back to Wyoming again for mulies and pronghorn. I think I'll be able to draw on a Special with no points for either or both. Have an absolute blast out there! Also have some irons in the fire for a New Mexico mulie hunt. And, of course, the entire NY southern zone rifle season up on Eagle Mountain.

U draw?

Does anyone know the requirements paperwork wise to get a hunting license in PA will my NYS hunting license be enough or do i need my hunter certificate?  This is my first out of state hunt so I'm just trying to get all the info figured out.

Check the regs but I hunted PA in 2011 and 2013 and no issue using NY certificates

• Like 1