2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

50 minutes ago, dmandoes said:

I've got snips but its going to cost u a big buck.   Do u have weed through a bunch of moving grass pics?

No, not really. It's down in a bottom so the wind and sun combo isn't triggering it as much as it would normally.

Well it is official we talked about the PA trip yesterday.  We are going from the 13-17th of October.  There will be 5 going and sometime in August we are making a day trip out of it to get some scouting in and to purchase our tags.  It's not the best time of year but it is the only days we could seem to get everyone freed up to go.   We will be renting a cabin that sleeps 6.

I've already been scouting maps on huntstand that look really good. I will be focusing on swamps and hoping there are some oaks around the couple I have found.  

Nice thing is I can be aggressive as I want since I only have 4 days to hunt.  Can't wait for this trip.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

Just told my wife I’m gonna do a public land Ohio trip next season. Kentucky is this year

Ohio is nice due to proximity. It keeps producing despite intense pressure increase in past 10 years. Went to Ohio for the first time in 2010 or 11. It’s much more heavily hunted now IMO during key times.

KY is hot on my radar but haven’t been. My Missouri ground is 15 hours drive. The logistics suck but wow what a fun experience. I’m hooked on the Midwest after having hunted there and driven through IL, Iowa and MO.

2 hours ago, phade said:

Ohio is nice due to proximity. It keeps producing despite intense pressure increase in past 10 years. Went to Ohio for the first time in 2010 or 11. It’s much more heavily hunted now IMO during key times.

KY is hot on my radar but haven’t been. My Missouri ground is 15 hours drive. The logistics suck but wow what a fun experience. I’m hooked on the Midwest after having hunted there and driven through IL, Iowa and MO.

We’re in MO?

6 hours ago, phade said:

Missouri and Kansas are on my list after I do Ohio. Would love to start applying for an Iowa tag but it’s so hard for 2 people that hunt together to be drawn the same year. Also dedicating a week to Long Island this year 

On 7/17/2021 at 3:57 AM, bruno1 said:

Missouri and Kansas are on my list after I do Ohio. Would love to start applying for an Iowa tag but it’s so hard for 2 people that hunt together to be drawn the same year. Also dedicating a week to Long Island this year 

It’s not too hard at all - Iowa allows for you to link up with a hunting party so you all get in or none do. It goes by the guy with the lowest points. My partner and I have four points each.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phade said:

It’s not too hard at all - Iowa allows for you to link up with a hunting party so you all get in or none do. It goes by the guy with the lowest points. My partner and I have four points each.

Good to know. Didn’t realize I can link up with my hunting partner and apply. Thanks for the info

Apparently he likes the weeds growing in front of the cam. There’s no mineral or bait here. Cam isn’t in a spot I was expecting to get a ton of info on and he is only showing up after dark here so far. I set it more to monitor for people trespassing - despite owner saying no problems, just verifying. That said it’s at the entrance to the property so I’ll be diving in with more cams at next visit and fixing the one that I believe is closer to where I suspected bedding.

B9BE8111-9793-4B5B-B786-4110CE4BD996.jpeg

CA6DFA8F-C862-4949-97F0-9A1F2AC7CAE1.jpeg

255BC271-A0CD-41A9-8384-257B4EC9AF02.jpeg

14476B31-613F-4680-97E9-813857F94173.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Canada opening border to US as of August 9th. Hopefully that helps save a bunch of Canadian Hunting Outfitters businesses from going under.

If you Google it, Jim Shockey penned an interesting read on outfits and clients and the covid effects the business is having now and going to have.

Mostly based around tags, down payments and the jam both sides can be in when things go south.

Good perspective to understand for those looking at booking a hunt.

• Like 1