2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

• 4 weeks later...

We usually spend the week after thanksgiving in West Virginia at my friends’ hunt camp. The cabin only sits on about 5 acres but across the street is a 5,000 acre tract that is owned by the DNR and open to the public for hunting. I’ve only been going on the trip since 2019 and I’ve only shot 1 doe so far. But there are some big deer in them hollers. Also it’s a fun experience because the land is crossed with old logging roads that are accessible in a 4x4 truck. Although that means there is more hunting pressure it allows us to get into places that would otherwise not be accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Phade looks like you have some bucks to chase. I can't wait to go on my PA trip.  I have a couple cameras down there soaking.  Need to get my hands on some cell cams next year. Killing me not knowing what's on the cameras.

I am just looking to have fun. No real pressure to punch a tag other than what would make me happy. The bucks are out there, so that is indeed a benefit. Three states and the journey with my hunting partner is what I am most looking forward to.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That Goat must be a decent size to have that big of a blood trail.

I'll be heading to Virginia, to do some deer and coyote hunting in early November.

It's been a long time since I hunted deer out of state.

I have an open invitation to help friends out west eradicate hogs, so I'm also trying to find the time to make that happen.

• Like 2

Well made the trip down to PA to grab my cameras. 

One Produced a bunch of does and fawns one possibly 2 good bucks and my first bear picture.  Had the camera set to high I had a bunch of pictures of the back of deer.  

2nd camera someone was nice to leave my camera but helped themselves to my card.  Not the first time that's happened. However on my way to the camera I jumped 5 does and a spike. Plus the trail in front of the camera was tore apart with large tracks.

20210921_175147.jpg

20210921_195430.jpg

20210921_195537.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...