2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

In pa now enjoying a fire. Saw a bunch of shooters tonight spot lighting.  We will scout tomorrow morning and hunt hard the rest of the week.

I’ve only done it a few times and it was PA stateland and awesome. So many deer. It was mind blowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 6:31 AM, dmandoes said:

Few more days left to buy points for Wyoming. Get on it so u can share them with me.

You or @Trial153 have any Wyoming Elk recommendations for archery? I have 7 or 8 preference points and starting to think ahead to 2023 likely.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You or @Trial153 have any Wyoming Elk recommendations for archery? I have 7 or 8 preference points and starting to think ahead to 2023 likely.

Call constant queswt. The owner is a NY transplant, and they put own some nice bulls this year. They are in Cody i believe 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think I'm a point ahead of u. I'm not getting any closer to the tag i wanted. I'm thinking of sharing my points and getting general tags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmandoes said:

I think I'm a point ahead of u. I'm not getting any closer to the tag i wanted. I'm thinking of sharing my points and getting general tags.

Yea, i just buy one each year but have no idea on units, etc. I don't care about a 350" bull, just want a respectable bull ideally with the bow.

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

If you don't mind and have time....can you write up the process in getting the tag?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

If this was in reference to me sure.

Set up a account on the idaho fish and game web site or app.

Non res tags go on sale Dec 1st at 10am mt time so noon here. It said a half hour prior everyone signed in will be put in a virtual waiting room. Well we logged in around 1115ish and were immediately put in the waiting room. You are then randomly issued a place in line. My buddy got 4126, i got 6040...

Then u wait, and wait, and wait. Occasionally the site updates and shows u what has sold out already. It caused sooo much anxiety lol.  When ur up u select your tags and pay. We both got salmon region for elk, which we wanted. And he got unit 36b for deer i got 28. They border each other so thats fine.

• Like 4

I have only 2 points so haven’t elk hunted with them yet. Did shoot my first muley out there last year. 

I have 7 PP for elk in Wyoming and would like to go with someone I know or kind of know lol. Maybe we can share points?

• 2 weeks later...
This arrived today. Every year this comes it gets more tempting

66155984215__D290AEE3-6A56-48E6-8237-E0E0CCD82B64.thumb.jpg.6322309817a09b85771f9c65c8e684d4.jpg

What’s your draw to go back?

I’ve been west and hunted elk and pronghorns. I couldn’t have any less desire to go back.

The only hunt on this continent that I have a desire for is moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve been west and hunted elk and pronghorns. I couldn’t have any less desire to go back.

For me its a chance to do a glassing hunt in big areas.

I’d rather track, glass, dogs…….anything but sit in a stand.

And then, again for me and I suspect others, its the planning and memories of doing a hunt far from home with new game. I have killed enough white tails to satisfy my interest. I might take it in another direction as I’d rather hunt overseas for the most part, but its new game in new places that is my interest.

Now its all about an experience I can’t get here.

But you’re certainly not alone in your opinion, I’ve never had anyone ever want to come along on a trip. That speaks to either me, or the trip, but probably both!

• Like 2

For me its a chance to do a glassing hunt in big areas.
I’d rather track, glass, dogs…….anything but sit in a stand.
And then, again for me and I suspect others, its the planning and memories of doing a hunt far from home with new game. I have killed enough white tails to satisfy my interest. I might take it in another direction as I’d rather hunt overseas for the most part, but its new game in new places that is my interest.
Now its all about an experience I can’t get here.
But you’re certainly not alone in your opinion, I’ve never had anyone ever want to come along on a trip. That speaks to either me, or the trip, but probably both!

Glassing to me was boring. Tracking is what I love not because I care about killing another deer but because I live for the thrill and experience. I hate sitting in tree stands so I don’t do it very often.

The planning side I understand for sure.

There is some buck tracking opportunities in New Zealand that I have been researching for some time and if the vaccine bullshit ever ends I’ll be heading there.

Elk (never done it)
Mule deer (done it twice and absolutely love it)
Antelope (done it twice and would maybe do it 1 more time)

I’d like to go with Bow instead of rifle.

To each their own. I put in for the bull moose Maine lottery for fun, but I would never have an interest in an actual moose hunt. I’d love to hunt sheep or grizzly but can’t justify the price. Maybe I’ll get lucky and draw a super tag

• Like 1

Elk (never done it)
Mule deer (done it twice and absolutely love it)
Antelope (done it twice and would maybe do it 1 more time)

I’d like to go with Bow instead of rifle.

To each their own. I put in for the bull moose Maine lottery for fun, but I would never have an interest in an actual moose hunt. I’d love to hunt sheep or grizzly but can’t justify the price. Maybe I’ll get lucky and draw a super tag

Elks fun, but not something I have any desire to do again unless I could find a place to do it in the timber with snow.

I put in for the 3 eastern moose draws every year. I’ve been around so many of them in the ADK’s it’s made me want to hunt them.

When I was younger all I wanted to do was kill a bear, I’ve killed 2 and would try to talk one out of eating me before I killed another.

But like you said to each their own. We’re lucky to live in a country/continent with almost endless hunting opportunities!

• Like 2