2021 Out of State Hunts

BizCT

17 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The planning side I understand for sure.

There is some buck tracking opportunities in New Zealand that I have been researching for some time and if the vaccine bullshit ever ends I’ll be heading there.

New Zealand is really interesting place, so much to see. I did South Island mountains but found Red Deer sheds in the bottoms. But not a place to track; glass or spot and stalk. Flew over a really good public land block that had nice free range stags, chopper pilot gave us a nice look at several.

Maybe west coast or Stewart Island? More rain and thicker vegetation. Only went through a little bit of that type terrain.

Have to really be in tune with their DOC management plans. Current administration wants to eliminate all their non native species……and thats all the game there as everything is introduced.

High adventure…..

• Like 1

Nothing like a big bull screaming at you just outside of bow range. Get the right week and it’s the best hunt in NA

To me elk hunting was a lot like Turkey hunting, not so much of a skill game just finding the right bull at the right time when he’s in the right mood. I hunted my bull for 4 days and on the fourth day he ran in like he wanted to die.

I hear the otc game is a lot different now than what it was in 04 and 05 when I was out there. So it could be a lot different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Three friends and myself went to Nebraska for another late season muzzleloader hunt a week ago. We killed 2 bucks in the 140" class and another smaller. The weather cooperated better than last year, colder. The muzz. shooting distance is further than we normaly shoot here on the east coast. Hunting big ag fields and river bottoms. I killed mine at 180 yrds my buddy shot his at 180 yrds and the other at 170 yrds.  My cousin had bucks at that distance too but was not comfortable shooting that far.

I'm heading to Mexico the second week in January for a Carmen Mountain whitetail buck. It's one of the smallest huntable whitetail subspecies. They are scattered in small pockets in the high desert.  A 100" buck makes the book. Sorta like a Couse Deer and lives in similar terrain.

Mecixo is a great place to hunt when the deer seasons here start to wind down. The weather is awesome too.

Edited by catskillkid
  • Like 4

On 12/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, Trial153 said:

Nothing like a big bull screaming at you just outside of bow range. Get the right week and it’s the best hunt in NA

We are going to Colorado again this year. We are going 1 week later 9/18-26. Hopefully not as warm and no full moon this time. I cannot hardly wait..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, catskillkid said:

Three friends and myself went to Nebraska for another late season muzzleloader hunt a week ago. We killed 2 bucks in the 140" class and another smaller. The weather cooperated better than last year, colder. The muzz. shooting distance is further than we normaly shoot here on the east coast. Hunting big ag fields and river bottoms. I killed mine at 180 yrds my buddy shot his at 180 yrds and the other at 170 yrds.  My cousin had bucks at that distance too but was not comfortable shooting that far.

I'm heading to Mexico the second week in January for a Carmen Mountain whitetail buck. It's one of the smallest huntable whitetail subspecies. They are scattered in small pockets in the high desert.  A 100" buck makes the book. Sorta like a Couse Deer and lives in similar terrain.

Mecixo is a great place to hunt when the deer seasons here start to wind down. The weather is awesome too.

awesome! but we need pics!

• Like 1

Elk (never done it)
Mule deer (done it twice and absolutely love it)
Antelope (done it twice and would maybe do it 1 more time)

I’d like to go with Bow instead of rifle.

To each their own. I put in for the bull moose Maine lottery for fun, but I would never have an interest in an actual moose hunt. I’d love to hunt sheep or grizzly but can’t justify the price. Maybe I’ll get lucky and draw a super tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just curious. Why put in for maine moose if you have no interest in hunting a maine moose? I can tell you first hand that it's a great time in a beautiful part of this country!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just curious. Why put in for maine moose if you have no interest in hunting a maine moose? I can tell you first hand that it's a great time in a beautiful part of this country!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because Maine is close and those bull moose tags are really rare to draw. I meant like I wouldn’t go out west or to Canada for moose

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Because Maine is close and those bull moose tags are really rare to draw. I meant like I wouldn’t go out west or to Canada for moose

I’ve been applying to Maine and New Hampshire for 25 years. I’ve donated so much money in their lottery they should name an airport after me or something :(

• Haha 2

I’ve been applying to Maine and New Hampshire for 25 years. I’ve donated so much money in their lottery they should name an airport after me or something

This will be my 17th year applying for them and VT. I figure if/when I get drawn I’ll have paid for 2 Alaskan moose hunts just in applications. Oh well hopefully it goes to a good cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk