My new hunting buddy.

Culvercreek hunt club

Well I made two mistakes last night. I went to look at some puppies and I brought my daughter with me...lol. I've had two English Springers before. I love the breed. I wanted a male. What I have never seen before were tri-color Springers. This litter had 10 puppies. 7 liver tri's and 3 black tri's. The tri color really shows up more pronounced on the blacks but both black tri males were already sold. Well this guy was the one that really was the most outgoing in terms of pursuing contact with us. He was the fattest in the litter. Both parents are on site and they were unbelievably friendly even when handling the pups. Mother is a liver tri and father is a black tri. (think color like a Bernese Mountain dog)

You can't see it too good on his back but there is white lightening bolt. Since my daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan she immediately commented on how the bolt looks like Harry's scar. So meet Potter, my new hunting buddy. I pick him up on January 27th. Born on Dec 10th.  7 more available guys and gals. This is the third litter for the parents and probably the mother's last. All the previous litters are still healthy.

6.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 26

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

Congratulations on the new family member! Our daughter just got a Springer 6 months ago. We've dog-sat him 3 times so far. He's an awesome dog. High motor, but he's a loveable little guy! Pic is from a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_1430.jpg

was never a lack of energy on the last two I had either. 

11 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I'm toying with the idea of trying to train him to find sheds. 

My aunt and uncle had a springer that was an outstanding shed dog. He had no training at all but he was a machine when it came to finding antlers in the spring. 

• Like 2

Congrats, Bob....I had 3 springers over the years and loved every one of them....

My second one flushed and retrieved a limit of woodcock ( limit was 5 then)  including a water retrieve when he was 6 months old...

Hunting with the same dog a couple of years later, my partner and I dropped two limits of mallards....The dog could not find one that came down on a slant,  so after some time we shot another to fill our limit....About that time Doc came out of the swamp with the lost bird, so we walked out with one duck over the limit and hoped that the game warden wasn't waiting on the road...Fortunately, he wasn't...

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...