Used ATV........

Pretty sure the one in this picture was a 1985 (my buddies) but yea, mine was a 1986 for sure.....
EDIT-I looked closer and this one could have been mine.  My buddy Rob lived with me on Campbell Blvd and we would ride like manics on both the east and west side of Campbell.   Well over 1000 acres we'd run through like the 25 year old punks we were.
50pyF9D.jpg&key=8b2d5f0c0702da151632f6956192701958384c7f6f91232599be8562b9a0ff27
That's what you looked like as a 25 year old?! Damn!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, grampy said:

I had a Big Red back in the day too. Loved that freakin thing! Could ride Wheelie's forever on it too. But the dang thing would throw ya like a saddle bronc, if ya got squirrelly with it! And I did often enough. Fun times.

I remember one time my grandfather was out on small frozen pond on property showin us boys how donuts are done on big red.sure enough it grabbed and flat on his back he went layin there for min or two.he always had to be a kid,good memories!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Just saw this on FB market place

Screenshot_20210103-141112_Facebook.jpg

Thanks for hanging that Zeek.  I saw it late last nigh and ironically I came through Livonia yesterday at 5pm and would have stopped if I'd have known about it.  The price seems very fair (?) but I'm not looking for lifted and monkeyed with stuff.  More like am old man's ride?!?!

I stopped at my buddies place today, he has a Polaris Sportsman 500 HO and it appears to be in nice shape.  It's not for sale anyway but it's not really what I'm looking for.  It seems so big physically (maybe just my imagination?) and it is tall too.  The Honda Foreman I'm familiar with seem to be more compact and certainly have plenty of ground clearance for my interests. 

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Thanks for hanging that Zeek.  I saw it late last nigh and ironically I came through Livonia yesterday at 5pm and would have stopped if I'd have known about it.  The price seems very fair (?) but I'm not looking for lifted and monkeyed with stuff.  More like am old man's ride?!?!

I stopped at my buddies place today, he has a Polaris Sportsman 500 HO and it appears to be in nice shape.  It's not for sale anyway but it's not really what I'm looking for.  It seems so big physically (maybe just my imagination?) and it is tall too.  The Honda Foreman I'm familiar with seem to be more compact and certainly have plenty of ground clearance for my interests. 

So what you're actually looking for is a gas powered golf cart with knobby tires?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Is another big red out of the question? My best friend specializes in nothing but big reds. I bet I can talk him into selling off one of his collection. Hes got probably 30 of them.

Wow, that's quite a collection.  I'd like to ride one for a few hours but not own one at this point.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jeremy K said:

Is another big red out of the question? My best friend specializes in nothing but big reds. I bet I can talk him into selling off one of his collection. Hes got probably 30 of them.

If hes got any non collector quality machines hed be willing to sell id be interested. 

I have a 350x, a 200x and a 250r, and really am looking for a big red. The sport models are a blast to ride on our dirt road, but I really need something more practical for around the farm, 

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up buying new after seeing the prices used machines in great shape were commanding and the peed they were getting sucked up at!  I missed a couple beauties that were only listed on Facebook Marketplace for a short time before they were sold, later the SAME day they were listed buy the fellow that bought them for a healthy profit. 

So while scoping out the used rides I also looked at the new stuff at dealers; those poor guys can't even get the machines in stock due to Covid 19 delaying manufacturers production, then when they get them they are purchased quickly with almost no discounts or haggling.  I was willing to travel 4+ hours to find what I wanted (2021 Rancher, manual shift & green) and thought  I found one in Loweville, NY but it was sold.  I asked the gal on the phone what they had coming from Honda in the pipeline and she said they were expecting a few more in July!

So I found a red one in Jamestown, NY (Hector's Powersports) and ended up making a deal for that one, I dealt with Joe there and he was good to work with. We took a ride down last Saturday I picked it up.  Did a little riding last Sunday locally and then yesterday down in Canadice.  I swapped camera cards and rode a bit, I always enjoyed bombing through light powdery snow.......

CU7tY7w.jpg

g2EOai1.jpg

• Like 23

I went that the same thing in 2003. I wanted a ATV for hunting and occasional puttering around. Looked for a used for months, answering ad after ad. Finally broke down on New Year's Eve and bought a new Honda Foreman. It still sits in the garage, 17 trouble free years later. 17 years! Didn't realize it had been that long until I just typed it. Hope Lawdwaz's works as well for him!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Late to the party. But how do you like your quad? IMO it shard to beat a Honda in terms of maintenance and repairs. My 98 Honda foreman 450s is a Low end power house of a machine. has just shy of 10k miles on it. Only had to replace voltage regulator, and now a temp sensor for the fan. I Wont buy anything but Honda.  Manual foot shift is the way to go. less to go wrong with them that way as well