New York Crossbow Hunters..

sits in trees

For steve B, I have no statistic's for you. Let's look at it this way.

point 1 crossbows from the box to the woods. Someone earlier posted they had just got a crossbow but had no where to practice with it. They come zero from the box for 20yrs. so who needs practice ??( that's going to be the mentality)

Point 2 poaching. Let's look at how many poaching violations are posted from Oct 1 beginning of small game season through archery season tothe beginning of firearm season season. Now lets see how many violations are given out during the fire arm season. All this information is public record & in the newspaper.

Point 3 tresspass. During regular firearm season tresspass tickets go through the roof. is there a patern here ? Check any newspaper where hunting is involved and it is always the same. The Walton reporter is one paper that covers a large area. I can honestly say that sweet old bill is the only archer I know that wants to allow crossbow's in the archery season. I think the majority of hunters who would like to see a crossbow in the archery season are gun hunters who don't want to try the challenge and hard work that comes with compounds or stick bows. Now let me ask you Steve b & wny what are your main reasons for chossing the crossbow & please don't answer becasue it may or may not be your right. One day for sure it will be your right to hunt NY with a crossbow & if I didn't voice my opinion I would be part of the problem.

You want stats. Look at Ohio. During archery season more deer are taken with xbow which means since xbow became legal in ohio 50% more gun hunters transitioned into archery season.

Well you cant really make that claim unless you look at license and take numbers prior to crossbows and compare them. You wouldn't be accounting for the bowhunters swqitching over or tyhe ones that may be using both.

I can honestly say that sweet old bill is the only archer I know that wants to allow crossbow's in the archery season. I think the majority of hunters who would like to see a crossbow in the archery season are gun hunters who don't want to try the challenge and hard work that comes with compounds or stick bows. Now let me ask you Steve b & wny what are your main reasons for chossing the crossbow & please don't answer becasue it may or may not be your right. One day for sure it will be your right to hunt NY with a crossbow & if I didn't voice my opinion I would be part of the problem.

Well chalk me up as another bowhunter that is for inclusion.

So if I read your points correctly you would be just as happy to not have crossbows included as eliminating the lawless gunhunters from the woods all together too? I mean if they are trespassing poachers, why not just pull their ability to do it. Then if we see anyone in the woods with a gun during deer season we will just know they are a criminal.

I don't know where you guys hunt that you see this massive overrun of hunters plowing through the woods during gun season. I have hunted near or on state land in Region 5, 6, 7 and 8 my entire life. There is less state land pressure now than there used to be. It is almost vacant in most peices I know after Thankgsiving week. I just ca'nt understand the opposition...well I can but none of you will admitt to it.

I can honestly say that sweet old bill is the only archer I know that wants to allow crossbow's in the archery season. I think the majority of hunters who would like to see a crossbow in the archery season are gun hunters who don't want to try the challenge and hard work that comes with compounds or stick bows. Now let me ask you Steve b & wny what are your main reasons for chossing the crossbow & please don't answer becasue it may or may not be your right. One day for sure it will be your right to hunt NY with a crossbow & if I didn't voice my opinion I would be part of the problem.

First off, you are 100% solidly wrong with your assertion that archers dont want crossbows in archery season. Sits is a bow hunter, I am a bow hunter and many others that are advocating for them are bowhunters. I see crossbows for what they are, archery equipment, and they belong in archery season with the other 3 variations of bows. I honestly see no valid reason why they shouldnt be.

Honestly, the kind of reasoning you are spewing is just plain not good for the hunting community. Those people that have drilled that stuff into your head, are doing nothing but pitting hunter against hunter. We have enough to deal with from antis and lawbreakers, we dont need the infighting that groups like NY Bowhunters, Inc. and other groups like them have brought to the table.

Honestly, the kind of reasoning you are spewing is just plain not good for the hunting community. Those people that have drilled that stuff into your head, are doing nothing but pitting hunter against hunter. We have enough to deal with from antis and lawbreakers, we dont need the infighting that groups like NY Bowhunters, Inc. and other groups like them have brought to the table.

We are not pushing xbows out of archery season. You are trying to push them in. So before you spew about what is good for hunting, look in the mirror.

New York had it's first Crossbow hunting season last fall, the problem is we are limited to gun season only. We are working on changing the law to have crossbows classified as legal hunting implements for all seasons. We are looking for support of all New Yorker's that share this position. There is a new Facebook Page, New York Crossbow Coalition. Please check it out, we need to address this with numbers and support to make this happen.

Together we will make this happen, https://www.facebook...289931664402757

Thanks

For Immediate Release 2-27-2012

New York Crossbow Coalition

Rick McDermott

[email protected]

New York Crossbow Coalition is a pro hunting grassroots organization dedicated to promoting the hunter recruitment and retention opportunities provided by the modern Crossbow.

New York Crossbow Coalition has formed to advocate for the civil rights of all sportsmen and women of New York regardless of age, sex or physical abilities by pursuing the classification of a crossbow as a legal bow for use in any season where archery equipment is permitted, including archery only areas.

For too long, a well organized group, comprised of a minority of hunters in New York, has effectively controlled the discussion surrounding the crossbow, its effectiveness, and its image, thus controlling all aspects of the crossbows legal uses.

The New York Crossbow Coalition is preparing to counter this vocal minority with factual data and give a voice to the thus far silent majority of the sporting community that desires full inclusion of the crossbow in all aspects of archery hunting.

The hunting population of New York provides 10’s of millions of dollars to the State economy, but the number of hunters has steadily declined over the past few decades. Crossbows can help recruit and retain hunters and slow the decline that jeopardizes the future of all traditional outdoor sports.

You can help us elevate the crossbow to its rightful place alongside the compound, recurve and long bows as legal archery equipment by joining New York Crossbow Coalition, either on Facebook or in our yahoo group. You can find links to both of these at www.nycrossbowcoalition.com.

It is time for those in the NY sporting community to stand together and send the pro-crossbow message to Albany with a united voice. Numbers will count in this battle, if you believe crossbows are a bow and should be included in all seasons where archery equipment is allowed, we need you to stand with us. Our voice gets louder with each member.

Together We WILL Succeed!!

###

New York Crossbow Coalition (Facebook)

www.nycrossbowcoalition.com

We are not pushing xbows out of archery season. You are trying to push them in. So before you spew about what is good for hunting, look in the mirror.

BS. You are trying to block the inclusion of another BOW in bow season for no valid reason that can be backed up with facts or numbers (read this as forcing your opinion on others). I (and others) are trying to include them, not force you to use them or allow people to use them on your land. Try again.

For Immediate Release

2-27-2012

New York Crossbow Coalition

Rick McDermott

[email protected]

New York Crossbow Coalition is a pro hunting grassroots organization

dedicated to promoting the hunter recruitment and retention

opportunities provided by the modern Crossbow.

New York Crossbow Coalition has formed to advocate for the civil rights

of all sportsmen and women of New York regardless of age, sex or

physical abilities by pursuing the classification of a crossbow as a

legal bow for use in any season where archery equipment is permitted,

including archery only areas.

For too long, a well organized group, comprised of a minority of

hunters in New York, has effectively controlled the discussion

surrounding the crossbow, its effectiveness, and its image, thus

controlling all aspects of the crossbows legal uses.

The New York Crossbow Coalition is preparing to counter this vocal

minority with factual data and give a voice to the thus far silent

majority of the sporting community that desires full inclusion of the

crossbow in all aspects of archery hunting.

The hunting population of New York provides 10’s of millions of dollars

to the State economy, but the number of hunters has steadily declined

over the past few decades. Crossbows can help recruit and retain

hunters and slow the decline that jeopardizes the future of all

traditional outdoor sports.

You can help us elevate the crossbow to its rightful place alongside

the compound, recurve and long bows as legal archery equipment by

joining New York Crossbow Coalition, either on Facebook or in our yahoo

group. You can find links to both of these

at www.nycrossbowcoalition.com.

It is time for those in the NY sporting community to stand together and

send the pro-crossbow message to Albany with a united voice. Numbers

will count in this battle, if you believe crossbows are a bow and

should be included in all seasons where archery equipment is allowed,

we need you to stand with us. Our voice gets louder with each member.

Together We WILL Succeed!!

Sit's in tree's these are my concern's # 1 Gun hunter's like you will take a cross "bow" from the box & to the woods & still think they have a gun in their hands . ( Lots of wounded deer ) # 2 increase poached deer # 3 increase of tresspass . Your right I am an archer & admit it, Now I am calling you to admit that you are a gun hunter who obviously holds some resentment towards archers or anti's as you call us !

#1 ive been bowhunting in NY for 30 years. #2 increase in poached deer, pure nonsense, hasnt happened in any state that has included crossbows in bowseason, and why would a poacher need a crossbow season to poach deer in the first place. #3 increase of tresspass, are you serious?

do me a favor and keep running your mouth because it's guy's like you that make the point for me really easy to get across..

First off, you are 100% solidly wrong with your assertion that archers dont want crossbows in archery season. Sits is a bow hunter, I am a bow hunter and many others that are advocating for them are bowhunters. I see crossbows for what they are, archery equipment, and they belong in archery season with the other 3 variations of bows. I honestly see no valid reason why they shouldnt be.

Just curious . Why do you think I am 100 % percent wrong ? Because I don't agree with you ? You say your an archer so I will take you at your word. Of all the archers I shoot with & have shot with . We all think ( believe ) crossbows will only hurt what we consider bow season in NY . No need to call names because in the end you guy's will win out and crossbows will be allowed in regular archery season and instead of a month of gun season you will also have the archery season.

#1 ive been bowhunting in NY for 30 years. #2 increase in poached deer, pure nonsense, hasnt happened in any state that has included crossbows in bowseason, and why would a poacher need a crossbow season to poach deer in the first place. #3 increase of tresspass, are you serious?

do me a favor and keep running your mouth because it's guy's like you that make the point for me really easy to get across..

To who other crossbow shooters ? or in your effort to make others see you as being correct in your beliefs ? I am not calling you a knucklehead . I just don't agree with you.

# 3 increase of tresspass . !

The real cause of this will be housing developements. As more land is taken for devlopement the less hunting areas there will be. If I was a bow hunter living up state I would oppose all developements. The nolvelty of crossbows will settle down but new houses are forever.

# 3 increase of tresspass . !

The real cause of this will be housing developements. As more land is taken for devlopement the less hunting areas there will be. If I was a bow hunter living up state I would oppose all developements. The nolvelty of crossbows will settle down but new houses are forever.

your right Phillygunns, i live in ulster county as i have mentioned before and even with this lousey economy i still see houses being built???

Just curious . Why do you think I am 100 % percent wrong ? Because I don't agree with you ? You say your an archer so I will take you at your word. Of all the archers I shoot with & have shot with . We all think ( believe ) crossbows will only hurt what we consider bow season in NY . No need to call names because in the end you guy's will win out and crossbows will be allowed in regular archery season and instead of a month of gun season you will also have the archery season.

Im saying that you are wrong about vertical bow hunters not supporting inclusion of crossbows. As far as me being a bow hunter, look through the bow hunting section, plenty of my posts in there about hunting, shooting, the new bow i put together last year, my daughter shooting her bow, etc etc.

I never called you any names, whats with the accusations? I thought we were having a pretty civil conversation.

To who other crossbow shooters ? or in your effort to make others see you as being correct in your beliefs ? I am not calling you a knucklehead . I just don't agree with you.

i apologize for the knuckelhead reference. but i do understand that i will never change your thoughts on crossbow inclusion, the reason i want you to keep talking is for the people who are one the fence. the inbetweeners are the folks who will ultimately decide this and those are the people who will see the differance between fact based reasoning and complete delirium.

Why would it belong in rifle season? Ballistically, it has no advantage over a vertical bow. It shoots a fletched arrow, powered by limbs and a string and kills with a broadhead. Just because it is held by a stock does not make it a gun. Anyone that says it is, is being ignorant.

How's this ? Rather then accuse someone of being ignorant . End perhaps with "we will all have our own opinions.

Theres a difference between saying someone IS ignorant and saying someone is BEING ignorant on a particular subject. I was not calling you or anyone else any names.

The term ignorant is very appropriate here sometimes... some are even ignorant as to what the term ignorant really means... i think some believe it means "stupid", but that's just plain ignorant! :lol:

Lol Joe. Maybe i should clarify for those that dont get it.

By saying ignorant, i just mean that they are unaware or uneducated of the facts. It is apparent that some are basing their opinion on misinformation and outright lies by those who dont want crossbows due to their own elitism and greed. Others are just being resistant to any change, and still others seem to be the very people that purposely spread the misinformation for the reason i already mentioned.

I hope that some of the real facts being presented can clear things up for some people, though i realize most just shrug them off as rhetoric or a sales pitch of sorts.