XOP stands and sticks?

This past year I got more into a mobile setup.  I wont go saddle just not for me.  However my setup I have currently is loud,heavy and bulky.  

I've been looking into a newer lighter stand and stick combo.  Top of most people's list from what I've read are lone wolf, hunting beast and XOP.  The price is insane for the wolf and hunting beast they are almost 1k for the same setup I can get through XOP for 400.  I know I  would be giving up having the lightest stand possible.  

So question is anyone have any experience with the XOP stands I know they are a product from lone wolf.  Just an off brand.

I'm also putting together a mobile set up this year , i will most likely go with the muddy pro climbing sticks . The tethrd one sticks are like something out of a sci fi movie ,less then a pound per stick with the rope , serious coin for those ,i think like 150 per stick. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm also putting together a mobile set up this year , i will most likely go with the muddy pro climbing sticks . The tethrd one sticks are like something out of a sci fi movie ,less then a pound per stick with the rope , serious coin for those ,i think like 150 per stick. 

I cant believe the price of some of the sticks.  If I could hunt more then weekends I could justify going top of the line. Being a weekend warrior just cant imagine spending 1k for stand and sticks not only that explaining it to my wife.  Was considering api and modifying it to make it into a copy of the beast sticks with the lone wolf button/ strap setup.  

10 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I cant believe the price of some of the sticks.  If I could hunt more then weekends I could justify going top of the line. Being a weekend warrior just cant imagine spending 1k for stand and sticks not only that explaining it to my wife.  Was considering api and modifying it to make it into a copy of the beast sticks with the lone wolf button/ strap setup.  

What drew me into the muddy sticks was the rope attachment . 

Last year I wanted to change my public land setup from a climber to a stand and sticks. I did a bunch of research and stumbled across novix when they were coming out. I love it. Way quieter setting up than a climber and super convenient packing in. I haven’t put my hands on an Xop or lone wolf setup but the im 99% sure them and novix are all basically the same minus the name. All that being said I’m really considering infalts stand that extra weight reduction has my interest piqued. I’m not sold on his sticks because I really like the three steps per section of the novix(lone wolf/xop)

I have the XOP stand and sticks. If if I’m being honest...it isn’t Lone Wolf (I have a Sit n Climb Wide)....that said, the sticks (I have the ones with three steps) are easy to use, and the stand is totally fine. The little block thing that allegedly can be mounted to the stand to hold the sticks on the stand didn’t work for me no matter how I tried to mount it. That said, I’m not remorseful of the purchase. I think with practice it could be a great tool. I won’t use it often, but I will use it. I bought the similar Hawk setup with two steps too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wjay1552 said:

Last year I wanted to change my public land setup from a climber to a stand and sticks. I did a bunch of research and stumbled across novix when they were coming out. I love it. Way quieter setting up than a climber and super convenient packing in. I haven’t put my hands on an Xop or lone wolf setup but the im 99% sure them and novix are all basically the same minus the name. All that being said I’m really considering infalts stand that extra weight reduction has my interest piqued. I’m not sold on his sticks because I really like the three steps per section of the novix(lone wolf/xop)

I think your correct on that brand just another version of the lone wolf.  I watched the video on infalts stand today so I went and looked it up.   Pre order price was 625.  I'm sure its worth it just out of my price range.

30 minutes ago, wjay1552 said:

Those don't look bad but i would have to have a double step 

51 minutes ago, onlybrowning said:

I have the XOP stand and sticks. If if I’m being honest...it isn’t Lone Wolf (I have a Sit n Climb Wide)....that said, the sticks (I have the ones with three steps) are easy to use, and the stand is totally fine. The little block thing that allegedly can be mounted to the stand to hold the sticks on the stand didn’t work for me no matter how I tried to mount it. That said, I’m not remorseful of the purchase. I think with practice it could be a great tool. I won’t use it often, but I will use it. I bought the similar Hawk setup with two steps too...

I just found where XOP has a youtube video showing how to mount them.  Showd with the new style seat post and the older one.  

Just looked at lone wolf's website they have a ready to hunt packages for under 500.  However I still think I'm going XOP looked into them more and I like the idea of having hooks apart of the casting to hang stuff,plus the seat cushion seems to be better. I also like I can get the sticks to connect to the stand itself with a locking mechanism eliminating any rattle.  XOP has a ready to hunt setup for under 300 currently.

5 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Just looked at lone wolf's website they have a ready to hunt packages for under 500.  However I still think I'm going XOP looked into them more and I like the idea of having hooks apart of the casting to hang stuff,plus the seat cushion seems to be better. I also like I can get the sticks to connect to the stand itself with a locking mechanism eliminating any rattle.  XOP has a ready to hunt setup for under 300 currently.

Last few years I’ve only mobile hunted and love it. I had the LW sticks paired with my LW Assault but the problem with those long sticks is that they had a tendency to kick out once in a while. I sold those and went to Muddy Pro’s and absolutely love them. Yes they’re a little heavy but they are super quiet with the rope attachment. If you do get the XOP stand definitely get their add on shoulder straps, it will make world of a difference carrying 

• Like 1

I just found where XOP has a youtube video showing how to mount them.  Showd with the new style seat post and the older one.  

Yeah, I watched the videos as well. The issue wasn’t getting them to actually mount, it was getting them to mount in a way that the sticks wouldn’t be digging into my legs or keeping the whole setup from folding flat. I ended up ditching that mounting block and strapping them onto the stand two on each side of the main support. They “stick out” a lot with a block of 4 of them too.

I think the sticks with only 2 steps would be completely different as they’re so much shorter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, onlybrowning said:

Yeah, I watched the videos as well. The issue wasn’t getting them to actually mount, it was getting them to mount in a way that the sticks wouldn’t be digging into my legs or keeping the whole setup from folding flat. I ended up ditching that mounting block and strapping them onto the stand two on each side of the main support. They “stick out” a lot with a block of 4 of them too.

I think the sticks with only 2 steps would be completely different as they’re so much shorter.

If you’re on FB there’s a guy named Luke Lacy. He makes a great carry system and it’s fairly cheap. I bought it for my LW Alpha. On my LW Assault I actually just use those black rubber bungees and they were great also

16 hours ago, bruno1 said:

@Swamp_bucks one more thing. Whatever stand and sticks you go with trust me that you’re gonna wanna Stealth Strip all of them. It’s truly a game changer with deadening the noise of your entire setup 

That'what I did last year.  Also since it was a cheap steel tube stand I filled it with spray foam and that killed alot of the sound also

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well made the purchase.  XOP Vanish Evolution, 4 XOP mini sticks with stick brackets.  Total was 300 since sticks are on sale.  

One issue I had with these sticks was that single step so i did some research and found the solution.  Went to Eastern Woods Outdoors and they have aftermarket double steps for $11.  So I bought 6(2 extras) , and 2 of their 18inch steel cable aiders for 11 dollars each.  

If you are customizing sticks this would be the website to look up.

Everything should be here in a couple weeks cant wait to put it together.  Last purchase will be getting 8mm static rope to convert to a rope mod to make setup even lighter.

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Well made the purchase.  XOP Vanish Evolution, 4 XOP mini sticks with stick brackets.  Total was 300 since sticks are on sale.  

One issue I had with these sticks was that single step so i did some research and found the solution.  Went to Eastern Woods Outdoors and they have aftermarket double steps for $11.  So I bought 6(2 extras) , and 2 of their 18inch steel cable aiders for 11 dollars each.  

If you are customizing sticks this would be the website to look up.

Everything should be here in a couple weeks cant wait to put it together.  Last purchase will be getting 8mm static rope to convert to a rope mod to make setup even lighter.

EWO is a great site to mod your setup. I switched to double steps when I had LW sticks and one thing I had to do was also purchase new bolts for the double sticks. I would send them an email and find out. I was pissed when I couldn’t put the double steps on at first because of $4 in bolts I didn’t know I needed

5 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

EWO is a great site to mod your setup. I switched to double steps when I had LW sticks and one thing I had to do was also purchase new bolts for the double sticks. I would send them an email and find out. I was pissed when I couldn’t put the double steps on at first because of $4 in bolts I didn’t know I needed

Yea I emailed them and discussed my plan and he said that it would all work I just  needed different length 5/16th grade 8 bolts.  

• Like 1