XOP stands and sticks?

26 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Sweet, I've never used sticks; are they relatively easy to hump in or kinda awkward?

I started last year and after one year with really cheap stuff it was easier then my climber.  1 trip up the tree just had a ton of weight with last years equipment that's why I upgraded.  Depending on setup will depend on how easy it is to pack in and out. I chose these sticks even though they arent the lightest but they lock together and with attachment blocks I can attach to the tree and not have to strap them down.  I bought the after market steps to put on the top of each stick because it is much easier having your feet at am even point while attaching next step or stand.  

Biggest thing is get a lineman rope and attachment to your harness.  Just need to practice but I could get up a tree very quick and into anything I needed to.  

I'll keep posting updates as I work through it.  I have 3 buddies that are waiting to see how it turns out so I can make them setups also.

• Like 1

Great thread.....I am putting my summit climber up for sale and going this route as well. Fortunately I hunt private land am have a bunch of setups in place but if I wanna hit some state land with a buddy or get an invite to hunt another's friends property I wanna be prepared.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, mlammerhirt said:

Great thread.....I am putting my summit climber up for sale and going this route as well. Fortunately I hunt private land am have a bunch of setups in place but if I wanna hit some state land with a buddy or get an invite to hunt another's friends property I wanna be prepared.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Let me know what you want for the climber. I'm going to be looking for one.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Started doing the mods on the stand and sticks today.  I did realize that I need different straps preferably with a waist belt.  

2 sticks will have double steps and an aider.  

20210220_155754.jpg

There's a website called strapworks that make a ton of different styles staples and are reasonably priced.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjP6YjrkvruAhV0A7MAHW5dDGgYABAAGgJ5bQ&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2Jr2ixswzN08ddc_ic7fLbsSwh9g3ELtnT9aicuciJH3qYr2HYgjAcy2Y3xzOLOZ5PiqOk4dSSfG60IPhgto&sig=AOD64_0o5lbffj9XKhBE095f_eoblnRrmQ&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjikoHrkvruAhUlnOAKHVRtB_QQ0Qx6BAgDEAE

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jeremy K said:

I'm still waiting for the muddy pro sticks to come back online . Supposedly they are a few weeks out ,we'll see. 

If they don’t come out any time soon I have an extra set I may be willing to part with

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ajhunter29 said:

Little tight to the tree but I'm only climbing with them so it doesn't bother me.  Stacking pins do take practice but are easy enough to get the hang of.  I use a movable amsteel aider to get around 18' feet with 3 sticks.

20210310_213900.jpg

I heard they're so light you feel weird putting all your body weight on them at first.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

@Swamp_bucks

Can you give a run down on what exactly you bought, what you modded on it, and how did you like it last year?  Anything you'd do different, with 1 season under your belt going mobile?  If I get into the Alcove this year I'm going to be scrambling to get a mobile setup together.

Yes in the middle of something right now but I can give you a run down and take some photos for you. 

• Like 1

@UpStateRedNeck

my setup is the XOP Vanish with the mini XOP locking sticks.  Last year i stealth stripped everything minus the after market steps. I ran 2 cable aiders on my lower sticks to get me the extra height.  I would just bring a ratchet strap to secure the sticks to the stand.         Seats, cables, sticks and buckles all stealth stripped.  I’m 250lbs and I only use one strap on the stand with and never had a fear of falling out or not holding me. Never flexed on me or felt unsafe and is extremely quite.  Will say the XOP finish on the stand sucks and will start to wear quickly.   Seat isn’t the best I’ve been on but isn’t horrible I do a lot of standing so I like that it flips over and gives be a cushion to lean against.  Typical stand backpack harness they suck so upgraded those.   Make sure you have a good harness and lineman’s belt. 

Loved the setup lightweight and ability to get into just about any tree.  Sat from 5’ -20’ last year and average setup time was 10mins.  Multiple times walked a mile or more with it on my back. However there was some things I needed to change up.

Changes for this year is I took apart the connecting handle and brackets to lighten up the setup some more.  (No longer locking sticks) I bought a couple more after market steps to finish off my other 2 sticks.  Added a bow holder midway through last year and a quiver holder.  Still have to tape up all the after market steps because they make to much noise if they hit each other. I also am ditching the ratchet strap and bought their j-hooks to secure the sticks to my stand.  I got a stick attachment from a friend to help me when I climb this year.  (Keeps my last stick on my stand so I can just grab it while I climb) Also didn’t like the cable aiders so i ditch r those. I Didn’t like coming down in the dark trying to find a place for my foot in the dark.  Now I set my sticks on the stand this year actually makes a platform with the seat to place a bag or other gear  on. 

Parts:

XOP sticks and stands,jhooks , stealth strips, KMHS bow holder(NY company), back pack straps are off an old alps bag and quiver holder is just a bolt I put in the stand works for my elite brand quiver. Hunting beast gear has one for quick connect quivers. 

anything else you have questions about let me know.  There are better stands out there but at a lot higher price tag. If I had the money I would go with the beast stand and sticks myself. I just can’t make a $1000 purchase on a stand and sticks. 

F1C99821-BA80-4FB8-8E60-69C03C5C6E44.jpeg

00425F41-0D61-4C31-A98D-11A3729AD7F0.jpeg

1295C9D8-9AAD-4923-9D7D-8406B69819A7.jpeg

C11B4C80-9068-4014-9C6E-6D601061D9A8.jpeg

DB330444-4A5B-4908-BA5B-33C92F037953.jpeg

9DDC646B-7C0D-4B3B-8B35-C8B8CD9ADA62.jpeg

7EAE1073-4D9B-4F52-96F4-3A5EB55453CE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, Swamp_bucks said:

This past year I got more into a mobile setup.  I wont go saddle just not for me.  However my setup I have currently is loud,heavy and bulky.  

I've been looking into a newer lighter stand and stick combo.  Top of most people's list from what I've read are lone wolf, hunting beast and XOP.  The price is insane for the wolf and hunting beast they are almost 1k for the same setup I can get through XOP for 400.  I know I  would be giving up having the lightest stand possible.  

So question is anyone have any experience with the XOP stands I know they are a product from lone wolf.  Just an off brand.

I have been using this set up for a couple seasons. I added a Alice pack frame to get it up on my shoulders and nicer to carry. Hawk full size sticks are great. Not the lightest but pretty light compared to older climbers. I think this is a great mobile setup that can go anywhere.

20220121_112832.jpg

IMG_20220316_145440_237.jpg

20211006_223421.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

@UpStateRedNeck

my setup is the XOP Vanish with the mini XOP locking sticks.  Last year i stealth stripped everything minus the after market steps. I ran 2 cable aiders on my lower sticks to get me the extra height.  I would just bring a ratchet strap to secure the sticks to the stand.         Seats, cables, sticks and buckles all stealth stripped.  I’m 250lbs and I only use one strap on the stand with and never had a fear of falling out or not holding me. Never flexed on me or felt unsafe and is extremely quite.  Will say the XOP finish on the stand sucks and will start to wear quickly.   Seat isn’t the best I’ve been on but isn’t horrible I do a lot of standing so I like that it flips over and gives be a cushion to lean against.  Typical stand backpack harness they suck so upgraded those.   Make sure you have a good harness and lineman’s belt. 

Loved the setup lightweight and ability to get into just about any tree.  Sat from 5’ -20’ last year and average setup time was 10mins.  Multiple times walked a mile or more with it on my back. However there was some things I needed to change up.

Changes for this year is I took apart the connecting handle and brackets to lighten up the setup some more.  (No longer locking sticks) I bought a couple more after market steps to finish off my other 2 sticks.  Added a bow holder midway through last year and a quiver holder.  Still have to tape up all the after market steps because they make to much noise if they hit each other. I also am ditching the ratchet strap and bought their j-hooks to secure the sticks to my stand.  I got a stick attachment from a friend to help me when I climb this year.  (Keeps my last stick on my stand so I can just grab it while I climb) Also didn’t like the cable aiders so i ditch r those. I Didn’t like coming down in the dark trying to find a place for my foot in the dark.  Now I set my sticks on the stand this year actually makes a platform with the seat to place a bag or other gear  on. 

Parts:

XOP sticks and stands,jhooks , stealth strips, KMHS bow holder(NY company), back pack straps are off an old alps bag and quiver holder is just a bolt I put in the stand works for my elite brand quiver. Hunting beast gear has one for quick connect quivers. 

anything else you have questions about let me know.  There are better stands out there but at a lot higher price tag. If I had the money I would go with the beast stand and sticks myself. I just can’t make a $1000 purchase on a stand and sticks. 

F1C99821-BA80-4FB8-8E60-69C03C5C6E44.jpeg

00425F41-0D61-4C31-A98D-11A3729AD7F0.jpeg

1295C9D8-9AAD-4923-9D7D-8406B69819A7.jpeg

C11B4C80-9068-4014-9C6E-6D601061D9A8.jpeg

DB330444-4A5B-4908-BA5B-33C92F037953.jpeg

9DDC646B-7C0D-4B3B-8B35-C8B8CD9ADA62.jpeg

7EAE1073-4D9B-4F52-96F4-3A5EB55453CE.jpeg

Thank you very much, that's really helpful!  I was pricing out the Tethered saddles last night, a little over 600$, not including sticks.  Perhaps someday, in the mean time XOP seems like a good place to start.

19 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Thank you very much, that's really helpful!  I was pricing out the Tethered saddles last night, a little over 600$, not including sticks.  Perhaps someday, in the mean time XOP seems like a good place to start.

Look for used ones on saddlehunter.com.

2 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

There’s others on the market. Don’t remember what my friend uses but it’s not a tetherd and cost him 300. He bought the XOP platform and same sticks I did.

3 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

I have been using this set up for a couple seasons. I added a Alice pack frame to get it up on my shoulders and nicer to carry. Hawk full size sticks are great. Not the lightest but pretty light compared to older climbers. I think this is a great mobile setup that can go anywhere.

20220121_112832.jpg

IMG_20220316_145440_237.jpg

20211006_223421.jpg

That’s the nice thing you can customize them to have what you want on them.  I like those straps I may upgrade to something similar next year.