Looking For Serious Backcountry Hunters...

Thebluesman5748

Been hunting the deep backcountry of the Adirondacks over 50 years. Hunted the Siamese Ponds Wilderness region for about 35 years until access just got to be too much because of frozen lake, etc... We now hunt the West Canada Lakes Wilderness region, primarily the Jessup River Wild Forest... We use a canvass 12x14 elk tent with 5' walls and a 9' center height. The wood stove keeps the tent like toast... Our base camp is 13 miles in the backcountry... We access it via a single lane logging road (4x4 a must have) that brings you through some of the most pristine wilderness you'll ever see... It's God's country...

We're looking to add 1, possibly 2 more hunters to our camp... This is no club, no log cabin... It's hunting in pristine wilderness and it doesn't get any better than that... We go up early muzzle loader season to set up camp and gather enough firewood for the whole season... We usually break camp on Thanksgiving in order to avoid the heavy snows that come late, which, could cause some problems getting out of there... Good navigational skills are a must have out there... 

If your retired and still love to hunt, don't hesitate to make an inquiry... There's lots of older guys out there that no longer have hunting companions, or the ability to set up a backcountry camp, but would really like to get back into it...

This is my 1st post on this site as I just found it... Not sure what to do from here but I'll give it my best shot.. You can text me at 518-577-0953 and I'll give you an Email address. However, since I had to put my Email address in my sign up, you may be able to contact me that way... I'm not sure...

At any rate, if your looking to hook up, give me a shout. 

Vinny...aka "Thebluesman5748"

• Like 2

Sounds like a great adventure.  I have hunted the Siamese pond area accessed from Kings flow/Chimney MTN area. Big woods for sure and beautiful for sure . 

I know where the jessup river area is but never hunted it.  Fished most of the lakes in that area throughout the years.  

I'm not in for trip a little too deep in for me, but  i used to have a staff that did a camp like this for two weeks every year.  Good luck and would love to see you post about it.  I'm sure there are a lot of folks here would also. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 6:52 PM, Thebluesman5748 said:

Been hunting the deep backcountry of the Adirondacks over 50 years. Hunted the Siamese Ponds Wilderness region for about 35 years until access just got to be too much because of frozen lake, etc... We now hunt the West Canada Lakes Wilderness region, primarily the Jessup River Wild Forest... We use a canvass 12x14 elk tent with 5' walls and a 9' center height. The wood stove keeps the tent like toast... Our base camp is 13 miles in the backcountry... We access it via a single lane logging road (4x4 a must have) that brings you through some of the most pristine wilderness you'll ever see... It's God's country...

We're looking to add 1, possibly 2 more hunters to our camp... This is no club, no log cabin... It's hunting in pristine wilderness and it doesn't get any better than that... We go up early muzzle loader season to set up camp and gather enough firewood for the whole season... We usually break camp on Thanksgiving in order to avoid the heavy snows that come late, which, could cause some problems getting out of there... Good navigational skills are a must have out there... 

If your retired and still love to hunt, don't hesitate to make an inquiry... There's lots of older guys out there that no longer have hunting companions, or the ability to set up a backcountry camp, but would really like to get back into it...

This is my 1st post on this site as I just found it... Not sure what to do from here but I'll give it my best shot.. You can text me at 518-577-0953 and I'll give you an Email address. However, since I had to put my Email address in my sign up, you may be able to contact me that way... I'm not sure...

At any rate, if your looking to hook up, give me a shout. 

Vinny...aka "Thebluesman5748"

Sounds intriguing , I’ll be texting you for details; post is only about 10 days old but, you’re still looking , right ?