Biz 2021 Journal

BizCT

5/20: first every Turkey hunt hearing no gobbles. Hunted till 7am before work. Checked 2 cams. One looks to be a nice buck. Lots of anterless pics too.

IMG_0337.JPGSTC_0046.JPGSTC_0003.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday in Dutchess my brother sent me a video of these 2 bucks on his property.

67bddea0376c630212101a0691b4fe65.png
066277fcd4034d272c005641b6f01f9a.jpg

He said the electric company cleared out a spot under those power lines and the bucks have been coming to check it out

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yesterday in Dutchess my brother sent me a video of these 2 bucks on his property.

67bddea0376c630212101a0691b4fe65.png
066277fcd4034d272c005641b6f01f9a.jpg

He said the electric company cleared out a spot under those power lines and the bucks have been coming to check it out

nice .  Fresh new growth.  Keep it cut and frost seed some clover in there next year.

• Like 1

Get yourself some traps.......those predators are just begging to be caught. They love that fallen log. Good luck.

I passed my online course this year right before the season ended. Maybe I’ll try next year? But I can’t commit to checking every 24 hours that’s my issue

7e45882bced224d05d1cb1c5258afd7c.jpg

One more buck since I got home

• 3 weeks later...

I passed my online course this year right before the season ended. Maybe I’ll try next year? But I can’t commit to checking every 24 hours that’s my issue

7e45882bced224d05d1cb1c5258afd7c.jpg

One more buck since I got home

Is there confirmations that cell cams “count” as checking your traps every 24 hours?
Is there a way for cell cams to be set to take a pic at a certain time each day regardless of activity to ensure it’s functioning? Ideally it could be set for a 7am and 7pm pic giving you time to get there if it malfunctions or shows a trapped critter. I would think that would satisfy the criteria, but I know nothing about how those cell cams work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Is there confirmations that cell cams “count” as checking your traps every 24 hours?
Is there a way for cell cams to be set to take a pic at a certain time each day regardless of activity to ensure it’s functioning? Ideally it could be set for a 7am and 7pm pic giving you time to get there if it malfunctions or shows a trapped critter. I would think that would satisfy the criteria, but I know nothing about how those cell cams work

The Tactacam Reveal has a “check-in” option that takes and sends a picture every 12 hours when enabled.  

• Like 1

I have this cam send me a pic everyday at 8am. So I know the battery level and if anything blocking etc. if that counted as checking a trap I would put a trap there for sure

• Like 1

Hope those big ones from last year make an appearance on your spot again.  I don't think you had any summer pics of them last year either , if I remember correctly.  But didn't you have an 8 and a 10 on cam there? 

That happens where I hunt too. Not much for good bucks til season starts. 

Hope those big ones from last year make an appearance on your spot again.  I don't think you had any summer pics of them last year either , if I remember correctly.  But didn't you have an 8 and a 10 on cam there? 

Come on man!!! If they show to his spot then they won’t be across the street at mine!!!!

• Like 2

The big bucks I had on cam last year (two 10’s, two 8’s and a big 7) were all in 3S Westchester County (bow only). Not my Dad’s land in 3N Putnam County. I don’t have a cam in the 3S spot. Maybe I’ll Put one September

• Like 1