Biz 2021 Journal

BizCT

• 2 weeks later...
That funky rack would hold a special place in my heart and hopefully on my wall if I was you. 

Looks non typical for sure. Cool buck.  Wide too

Non typical are rare by me. Hopefully I’ll get another pic of him with a better angle. Regardless, I’d shoot him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Is posting pics I take of the deer in your area allowed in your journal?
a0855d68b4ba18b355aadda767923f87.jpg
5e1b9f0da23782d3c7fa2135ba939e61.jpg
These two bucks are right by your spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, as long as you don’t say if it’s 3S, 3N, or 3G. That buck is nice but needs 2 maybe 3 more years for that area.

8/25: Went to my 3S private spot today since landowner said I can hunt again this year but that they made a bunch of trails? This is where I had pics of two 10’s and two 8’s and a nice 7 last year. It a small property of hardwoods and swamp but borders a few large farms so some big bucks pass through. Anyway, she wasn’t lying about the trails. Unfortunately, they took a gazillion trees down and everything is wide open now. The annual scrape spot is near one of these main trails now so I put my lone camera about 30yds away on the edge of water where I saw some deer tracks. Doesn’t sound promising but 3 miles from home makes it worthwhile to still give it a shot before work some mornings.

ef1a7655855d15c91962acdeb771e097.jpg
e463af87aa50a772682295c1397b0911.jpg
75029603bc76183755e3f4f2955fd853.jpg

Hopefully with enough time the bucks will be back in the area going about there business as usual. We have seen it happen with the logging that we have done. They leave the area for a bit then return. Good news is clearing the trees should promote new growth which means food for a variety of animals. 

• Like 1

Hopefully with enough time the bucks will be back in the area going about there business as usual. We have seen it happen with the logging that we have done. They leave the area for a bit then return. Good news is clearing the trees should promote new growth which means food for a variety of animals. 

only good things happen when you clear the woods....   
What's the saying, "a chain saw is a deer's best friend"

I hope so. Not sure how much foot traffic it will get, but I’ll likely stick to weekday mornings there

I guess my gift basket sent to your land owner with a brochure that says “The road not taken:trails in the woods lead to serenity” was well received!
I hope them bucks don’t get hit crossing the road to come to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. I will horn beep them back the other way

8/31: 3G (dutchess county). Got a ground blind setup in powerlines about 18yds from deer trail crossing and hang on setup on brother’s land. Bunch of does on cam, 4pt and spike. No pics of the 8pt this time.

4f676a00ae4cba63c3309064ae8ee163.jpg
af8a7aff0b59d9d717327124979d0178.jpg
96959be5a9d7017abcef68ed24555dc3.jpg
e000df1923ad2f3c459d96b63bf88e4c.jpg
1ee9b1e72ebbb8eb0341a4a78388c099.jpg
bf89cb50f40d434eb31b5085136d38c6.jpg
259f5be75b666fd02dc3cc6670d821d4.jpg

• Like 2

Biz - a tree stand.......
and love power lines.  Ive shot a few there.  Dont overlook trails just inside the powerline edges.  During season with any pressure they often tend to walk along the inside edges of those just out of view . 

The hang on is just inside. It’s probably only 75yds as the crow flies from the powerlines blind. They are back to back with really Thick stuff in between. Without going into too many details. My brother only has a few acres but it borders several hundred used by a hunting club. So my idea is that they will push some deer towards me as well.