Biz 2021 Journal

BizCT

19 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Tacks flooded it just to get you to finally move your cameras

This is the spot where there were two 10's, two 8's and a big 7pt last year. I think you need to refresher course. You're always getting my spots confused! haha

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This is the spot where there were two 10's, two 8's and a big 7pt last year. I think you need to refresher course. You're always getting my spots confused! haha

Then why the hell did Tacks flood that spot?  That doesnt make sense now. lol

i cant keep track, one minute your living in Conn, then your not, then your getting doe permits for WNY but you dont shoot does, then your hunting at your Dads or brothers or some stateland that Crappie has claimed ..... you're a diverse person Biz. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i cant keep track, one minute your living in Conn, then your not, then your getting doe permits for WNY but you dont shoot does, then your hunting at your Dads or brothers or some stateland that Crappie has claimed ..... you're a diverse person Biz. 

haha. Ok, here are the notes for 2021 for you:

3S (Westchester County, which is bow only): I have a small private spot that had lots of mature bucks on cam last year. I only ran 1 cam last year over a scrape and put this new browning cam from phade here 2 weeks ago. It's a few miles from a public land spot that @crappyice hunts.

Also, in 3S is a public land spot that I hunt and took the WNY boys to once. I recently showed it to Crappy.

3N (Putnam County, which is bow/xbow/shotgun): My Dad's land, where my cell cam is (acorn flat) and a few stealth cams scattered.

I also hunt a few stateland spots in 3N.

3G (Dutchess County): My brother just bought a house here in January. I havent hunted it yet. Have 1 cam there and put a groundblind in powerlines and hang-on stand in hardwoods. 

9J and 9K (Chautauqua County): I rifle hunt here with @The_Real_TCIII and @sodfather the past 3 years in a row for opening rifle weekend. I send them my doe tags for said units.

EDIT: and I hunt the Catskills mountains on public land sometimes. I didn't last year, but usually do once or twice per year. Which is 3A, that has AR's in place.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Thanks 1

haha. Ok, here are the notes for 2021 for you:
3S (Westchester County, which is bow only): I have a small private spot that had lots of mature bucks on cam last year. I only ran 1 cam last year over a scrape and put this new browning cam from phade here 2 weeks ago. It's a few miles from a public land spot that [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] hunts.
Also, in 3S is a public land spot that I hunt and took the WNY boys to once. I recently showed it to Crappy.
3N (Putnam County, which is bow/xbow/shotgun): My Dad's land, where my cell cam is (acorn flat) and a few stealth cams scattered.
I also hunt a few stateland spots in 3N.
3G (Dutchess County): My brother just bought a house here in January. I havent hunted it yet. Have 1 cam there and put a groundblind in powerlines and hang-on stand in hardwoods. 
9J and 9K (Chautauqua County): I rifle hunt here with [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention] and [mention=770]sodfather[/mention] the past 3 years in a row for opening rifle weekend. I send them my doe tags for said units.
EDIT: and I hunt the Catskills mountains on public land sometimes. I didn't last year, but usually do once or twice per year. Which is 3A, that has AR's in place.

Have you broached the WNY hunt with Mama Biz yet for this season considering what you brought home last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Have you broached the WNY hunt with Mama Biz yet for this season considering what you brought home last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be interesting. We were supposed to fly to Nashville in October and combine my work trip with pleasure but the conference got cancelled. Now we are going to Rhode Island in October. I’ll likely bring it up there. Could always stay in a hotel to appease her. She’s only worried about our daughter, not me or her. We were at two 300+ person weddings back to back nights a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

is that the area where the EHD issue has been ?  or close to it?   hoping not....

It's definitely in the area, so a possibility. But hopefully not. or Maybe hopefully so? what happens to bucks if they can't find does? they just keep running around all fall? lol

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It's definitely in the area, so a possibility. But hopefully not. or Maybe hopefully so? what happens to bucks if they can't find does? they just keep running around all fall? lol

Yeah but it kills both so hopefully not.  Maybe just a better food source they are after right now.  

• Like 1

And Just now . That weird split brow spike is still velvet. He’s got a huge black tumor or something.

6pt came right after the spike. That’s 4 bucks this morning and stilll no does for several weeks now. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_4104.jpgIMG_4105.jpg