CBD for pain...

ny hunter

My wife tried using CBD for anxiety/minor pains well one side effect that can occur is anger.  She turned into a royal b**ch for 3 weeks that she was on it.  To the point I asked her if she new where my wife was.  She stopped taking it and didnt have the temper anymore.  It was weird it's very rare side affect.  I do know others that use it and they swear by it for pain and anxiety.

When my wife was going to physical therapy for shoulder pain, they used a CBD cream on her. She thought it worked so well, she bought some from them. I’ve since developed shoulder and arm pain (suspected torn rotator cuff) and have been using it. I don’t think it helps me at all! Then again, nothing much did, not even Vicodin, oxy, or codine (and/or booze). Had a Cortisone shot, that seems to be helping after ~10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried a few different brands that were supposed to be high quality (don't remember the brands). Didn't help. Had cortisone shots and those didn't help either.  Only thing that I've found works well is a hot tub.  Sleep so much better. 

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

When my wife was going to physical therapy for shoulder pain, they used a CBD cream on her. She thought it worked so well, she bought some from them. I’ve since developed shoulder and arm pain (suspected torn rotator cuff) and have been using it. I don’t think it helps me at all! Then again, nothing much did, not even Vicodin, oxy, or codine (and/or booze). Had a Cortisone shot, that seems to be helping after ~10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabin Fever

You have an injury with inflammation.  The Vic, Oxy, Cod only address pain, not inflammation. The cortisone shot addresses the inflammation but not the pain. An NSAID like ibuprofen or diclofenac addresses both pain and inflammation.  This is the more appropriate medication for you condition if you are a suitable candidate for treatment with an NSAID.

• Like 1

It's all in the extraction. "Isolate", "distallate", "full spectrum" etc. Then you can find different concentrations ie "milligrams per . . ." The retail CBD market is a sh!tshow. There is zero control over labelling and what is sold to the unaware. Extraction with nasty solvents and cutting the product with any oil or carrier are shortcuts. Just please, buyer beware. My firsthand advice from someone in that biz is #1 buy local and #2 be informed. It's not a panacea and doesn't work for everyone but does have benefits when you hit on the type for you. 

8 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I get massive  headaches  from taking melatonin

Interesting.  Do you get them soon after, or the next morning?  My wife takes it, and frequently complains about headache's in the morning. 

Edited by mowin

Never tried cbd...too much money in the business for me to take it seriously. But...I have chronic hip pain...arthritis, a number of injuries among them. Most nights if I dont take something for pain - tylenol or naproxen, I am very uncomfortable. My orthopedic doc recommended I try Turmeric. I am amazed at how well it works. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Since I have been taking it (you take it daily, usually 1000-1500 mg) I am sleeping pain free at night, with no need for night time tylenol or naproxen. You might give that a try.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I cook in Tumeric in every evening meal. A Teaspoon in my yogurt. 

Tumeric covers alot from anti- cancer to lowering Cholesterol.  And also an anti- inflammatory  as you wrote.

I have some mild Arthritis  from Warehouse work + heavy Weight  training.  Seems to help and  powdered Tumeric  is cheap enough.

You are giving away the ayurvedic secrets

• Haha 1