2021 3D Thread

sodfather

Remember when you said you were going to shoot with us? I do.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not dedicated like you guys. The weather every Sunday was brutally cold up until today. I’m still in for the 14th. I might even pull the bow out before that day to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Birthday shoot with the boys, my buddy and his kid

77471e5fda4608e692625758dc5c03a5.jpg
42 degrees sleety rain at the end

Did you get a true yardage on that downhill Turkey shot? Is it 57yds or not?

Did you get a true yardage on that downhill Turkey shot? Is it 57yds or not?

I got 56 from the Reds.....I tucked one right into its right kneecap-smart shot to maximize meat production.

• Like 2

I got 56 from the Reds.....I tucked one right into its right kneecap-smart shot to maximize meat production.

At least you hit the target and not 10 feet in front of it this time

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I'm not sure I would be out in that if I could shoot live targets.  Lol

Go get em! Good for you getting out there.  I plan to just piss and moan about the weather today.  Getting a serious case of cabin fever. Talked to my buddy yesterday for an hour and a half on plans for our hunting spot but can't do anything til we get some snow melt and better weather. 

Your a die hard buddy going out for a shoot in this cold.  But I guess its better than pacing, bitching and doing laundry like I'm going to today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm not sure I would be out in that if I could shoot live targets.  Lol

Go get em! Good for you getting out there.  I plan to just piss and moan about the weather today.  Getting a serious case of cabin fever. Talked to my buddy yesterday for an hour and a half on plans for our hunting spot but can't do anything til we get some snow melt and better weather. 

Your a die hard buddy going out for a shoot in this cold.  But I guess its better than pacing, bitching and doing laundry like I'm going to today.

Rob, if you want to shoot indoors, I go to Wildwood Archery in Eldridge.  They are open on Saturdays 10am to 3pm I believe.    At least you will be stretching you bow muscles a little.  And CNY 3-D starts in a few weeks too!  Won’t be long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Otto said:

Rob, if you want to shoot indoors, I go to Wildwood Archery in Eldridge.  They are open on Saturdays 10am to 3pm I believe.    At least you will be stretching you bow muscles a little.  And CNY 3-D starts in a few weeks too!  Won’t be long. 

I used to shoot all the ones they had at Trenton and Cassity hollow.  They both had nice courses set up. Haven't done one in a few years now.  These days I start shooting in August cause it always seems like so much to do once good weather hits.  Plus it seemed like I was shooting too much, if that makes sense.  I kept tweaking things and getting in my own head. Once Aug hits I will shoot about twice a week  - 6-10 shots and I am good to go. 

But the 3D shoots were fun. And a nice day out in the woods. They sure helped with getting used to judging distances too.  

Once good weather hits I have a ton of projects to do this year. Can't wait to get going. 

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I used to shoot all the ones they had at Trenton and Cassity hollow.  They both had nice courses set up. Haven't done one in a few years now.  These days I start shooting in August cause it always seems like so much to do once good weather hits.  Plus it seemed like I was shooting too much, if that makes sense.  I kept tweaking things and getting in my own head. Once Aug hits I will shoot about twice a week  - 6-10 shots and I am good to go. 

But the 3D shoots were fun. And a nice day out in the woods. They sure helped with getting used to judging distances too.  

Once good weather hits I have a ton of projects to do this year. Can't wait to get going. 

We should meet at one of those in August.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sodfather said:

The walking was the worst part . I hate that snow when your on top the crushes in throwing your back out . 

You got that right, same conditions at my house today. My wife and I were trying to figure out where to build a pizza oven/maple syrup shed.

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That would be great. When the schedule comes out we will have to see if we can do that.  Maybe get @Otto and some others in. 

That would be fun ,@swampbucks is not far from me either. He is in the right direction,west of here.

• Like 1