“Survival”

Buckmaster7600

What are the extra batteries for? I assume flashlight but noticed you have 2 different kinds.

How far are you from parking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flashlight and gps, I don’t have my gps but it was in my pack.

I’m on my woodlot, half mile from my house.

So far the hardest part has been not running home and grabbing some beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

Very nice, I also carry "survival gear' while out in the area we both hunt, I've never had to use it but could easily.

In my 20's my buddy and I were trapped by an ice storm hiking in the Adirondacks on Giant mountain and spent a long, very cold and high windy night at the tree line. Coldest night under a tarp eating M&M candy with mittens on.... It's a very "mind set" game and glad your practicing. Maybe I'll try a snow shelter later in the season myself..

PS: try Starbucks "Via" instant coffee packets, not ideal but gets your morning coffee started...

Happy New Year.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Very nice, I also carry "survival gear' while out in the area we both hunt, I've never had to use it but could easily.

In my 20's my buddy and I were trapped by an ice storm hiking in the Adirondacks on Giant mountain and spent a long, very cold and high windy night at the tree line. Coldest night under a tarp eating M&M candy with mittens on.... It's a very "mind set" game and glad your practicing. Maybe I'll try a snow shelter later in the season myself..

PS: try Starbucks "Via" instant coffee packets, not ideal but gets your morning coffee started...

Happy New Year.. 

The snow shelter is a good idea.

Taking 15 minutes to make a small fire reflector is also a good way to keep the heat going back into your shelter.

My buddy got stuck on a little island in northern Ontario in an ice storm. He couldnt get his boat started to return to bear camp. He gathered wood and dumped some fuel on it but couldnt get his lighter to work so he just flipped the boat over and stayed under it freezing until morning. He even wrote notes to his daughters, he though he was done for. After that I put a little survival pack together for bear hunts

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My buddy got stuck on a little island in northern Ontario in an ice storm. He couldnt get his boat started to return to bear camp. He gathered wood and dumped some fuel on it but couldnt get his lighter to work so he just flipped the boat over and stayed under it freezing until morning. He even wrote notes to his daughters, he though he was done for. After that I put a little survival pack together for bear hunts

These are always in my pack and or on me , when outdoors ,even on the farm .

Ive put a ranger band over the container as well . You can light one put it underwater , pull it out and it’s relights itself .

F4852B9C-9F2D-4B44-A10E-47AC1B71401C.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

These are always in my pack and or on me , when outdoors ,even on the farm .

Ive put a ranger band over the container as well . You can light one put it underwater , pull it out and it’s relights itself .

F4852B9C-9F2D-4B44-A10E-47AC1B71401C.png

I have 5 of those and one of the strikers in every fire kit I have. Those small kits are in every pack I take into the woods.

• Like 1