US Capital Lock Down

Pence and Republicans should have denounced many things Trump said and did the past 4 years instead of constantly kissing his butt, but better late than never I guess.  By them finally speaking out it might be a death blow to Trump and hopefully he can disappear from the political scene for good.   Unreal to see this in this country.   I tried giving Trump the benefit of the doubt the last 4 years but the guy is completely insane.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

These terrorists aren’t the best and the brightest that the Republican Party has to offer. These are the chumps who couldn’t get into the military so now they prance around in combat gear pretending to have purpose.  

I’m excited to see a new Republican Party emerge once the smoke from the smoldering rubble that is Trump and Trumpism clears.

an 

Problem is stuff like this and what Trump has done and said the last 4 years have ruined the way people look at the Republican Party.  And now that it looks like Democrats are going to take the 2 spots in the runoff for the senate the Republican party could be down for  a long time.  I am actually more scared to think of what will happen now over the next 4 years than I was about the last 4 years.  Im seeing new gun laws or bans, us paying for health insurance for any illegal immigrant, health insurance for every US citizen, higher taxes to pay for it all and that is just the beginning.  Going to be one hell of a ride

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

One take away I have is security there sure sucks  . But few take things serious till after something happens .

Two, I’m not much of a conspiracy guy, but those inside don’t look like most of those outside at the protest . Hopefully with enough arrests we can see if they’re Trump supporters or simply agent provocateurs . Pics below .

Three UPS just dropped off another 1000 plus rounds at the front door . 

599C2010-47A8-43E3-B83F-62A53AD02430.png

C4EEFC62-79B5-4148-9F4A-682D75AC97F5.png

7CC0A567-B9E5-4D9C-AFDE-C607B949DA44.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was just saying the same to a buddy. After that statement by Trump, would like to see an emergency session of Congress tomorrow in another location and Pence be directed to fill out rest of Trump's term.  

As much as I would like to see that, (especially after Trump's self-serving "go home" speech) I think it would just throw the country into total chaos.

If these rioters were black, how many would be dead? Arrested? Isn't breaking into the capitol and sitting on the speaker's chair treason?

The cops just seemed to shoo them out the door.

Edited by left field
  • Like 3

This stuff has been happening for almost a year, damaged federal building and property, protest and city blocks being burnt down or turned into autonomous zones. Not sure why everyone is getting in a up roar now as this has sadly become our “new normal” for almost a year. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 2

Trump's kids were even more direct and made better statements.  What he put out there was reckless and self serving. Any good he has done .....this is how his presidency will be remembered.  

And would love to see a special session where he is done, and Pence takes over for rest of term.  Might cause issues but also he can't cause more. I didn't vote for Biden either and don't like him but this chaos needs to go and Trump isn't helping.  

People that have done this are I'm sure the extreme but they just hurt their ideology and also the rest of Republican party by their actions, and Trump by his lack of response. 

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the mob would have strung Pence up, seeing as Trump's last tweet before the riot was this:
"Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"
It is just amazing to me the impact that 1 man can have on people, both on the right and the left. I never would have thought it would be so easy to manipulate massive amounts of people. I say this as someone who, while not being egged into political violence, have at times been brought to a mindset that I am not proud of because of him. 

He spelled "authority" wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One take away I have is security there sure sucks  . But few take things serious till after something happens .
Two, I’m not much of a conspiracy guy, but those inside don’t look like most of those outside at the protest . Hopefully with enough arrests we can see if they’re Trump supporters or simply agent provocateurs . Pics below .
599C2010-47A8-43E3-B83F-62A53AD02430.thumb.png.a80950c660f94d1f375b0ca47566a75f.png
C4EEFC62-79B5-4148-9F4A-682D75AC97F5.thumb.png.490f222a5b49126f4d04db975dab69b0.png
7CC0A567-B9E5-4D9C-AFDE-C607B949DA44.thumb.png.466009becf64244af17472b6d3ecde8b.png

They're lucky they didn't get mowed down when they entered that building

• Like 1

Trump's kids were even more direct and made better statements.  What he put out there was reckless and self serving. Any good he has done .....this is how his presidency will be remembered.  
And would love to see a special session where he is done, and Pence takes over for rest of term.  Might cause issues but also he can't cause more. I didn't vote for Biden either and don't like him but this chaos needs to go and Trump isn't helping.  
People that have done this are I'm sure the extreme but they just hurt their ideology and also the rest of Republican party by their actions, and Trump by his lack of response. 

Trump isn't leaving a single ally behind, there would be no consequences. I'd love to see it

41 minutes ago, Nomad said:

599C2010-47A8-43E3-B83F-62A53AD02430.png

C4EEFC62-79B5-4148-9F4A-682D75AC97F5.png

7CC0A567-B9E5-4D9C-AFDE-C607B949DA44.png

The weird guy in the fur seems to be a climate activist also.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2019/09/21/global-climate-strike-loud-but-how-effective/2391340001/spacer.pngtspacer.png

5CEA9726-1E9B-402A-BC20-D7448F5EA34E.png

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, left field said:

Why didn't that happen? They literally broke the door down. Looters and those that storm the capitol should be shot on sight.

Yeah...Just like the BLM and  Antifah terrorists that burned down half the country..I don't remember many of them being mowed down although many of them justly deserved it......

Extremists , either right or left wing are dangerous, and  lawless behavior should not be tolerated, whether it comes from these right wing idiots or the leftist  BLM and Antifah criminals who were allowed to run rampant in several large cities over the last few months.. I'm glad I am getting old and won't have to tolerate this insanity much longer.....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

As well as a Qanon supporter and well known right wing protester. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/6568513002

Bravo!

(from the NYT)

Speaker Nancy Pelosi vowed Wednesday evening to resume the certification of the Electoral College votes, declaring the “shameful assault was made on our democracy” would not deter Congress from ushering President Trump from office.

“After calls to the Pentagon, the Justice Department and the Vice President, we have decided we should proceed tonight at the Capitol once it is cleared for use,” she told members of Congress.

“We now will be part of history, as such a shameful picture of our country was put out to the world, instigated at the highest level,” she continued, concluding, “let us pray that this instigation to violence will provide an epiphany for our country to heal.”

Why didn't that happen? They literally broke the door down. Looters and those that storm the capitol should be shot on sight.

Well I'm glad it didn't that would have been a powder keg. What I'm seeing now is peaceful protesting try as they may to call it rioting on the news

• Like 1

1 hour ago, left field said:

As much as I would like to see that, (especially after Trump's self-serving "go home" speech) I think it would just throw the country into total chaos.

If these rioters were black, how many would be dead? Arrested? Isn't breaking into the capitol and sitting on the speaker's chair treason?

The cops just seemed to shoo them out the door.

How many people did die in Washington at these protest this year?

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH