US Capital Lock Down

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

That's how little you know.  The union and officers may not agree with letting felons out of jail but they've never complained in the slightest about any unconstitutional gun law in place in NYC.  Giuliani was mayor for 8 years and he did squat to loosen any of them.  They just keep throwing another monkey wrench into the system each year to make it harder for people to be allowed to own guns.  Try coming down to NYC with a handgun without a NYC pistol permit and see how much they'll respect your constitutional rights.  

I never said the NYPD doesn't enforce the law.  I said the rank and file NYPD doesn't support the law.  It's not the NYPD rank and file that hates your gun rights, it's the anti-gun politicians you keep putting in office that do.

I hope that enhances what you know now.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

I never said the NYPD doesn't enforce the law.  I said the rank and file NYPD doesn't support the law.  It's not the NYPD rank and file that hates your gun rights, it's the anti-gun politicians you keep putting in office that do.

I hope that enhances what you know now.

I dare you to go down to NYC and ask the cop on the street what his opinion on guns is.  If he'd be happy having more citizens armed.  YOU will be the one in for a surprise.  You need to stop talking about shit you don't know a damned thing about.  You may have had some NYC cops supporting gun rights years ago, but them cops are LONG gone.  It's a relatively young force and they don't see things the way you think they do, this I can assure you.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

And Trump was elected because of Obama and his policies. The problem with a pendulum is you can't be surprised when you push it so far one way that it swings back the opposite way equally far.  I long for the day when it is just hanging stagnant in the middle. 

Trump was elected because he wasnt Hillary Clinton. 

Anyone that ran against her for the Republicans would have won, similar to how Biden won because of Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Splitear said:

This song keeps running through my head, especially the line: "Hotdog your opinion is louder than mine. You might wear out my nerves, but you ain't changin' my mind. Good God, let's hop off the soapbox and get along". 

Tell that dude to get a haircut and maybe then I'll listen to him sing.  LOL

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I dare you to go down to NYC and ask the cop on the street what his opinion on guns is.  If he'd be happy having more citizens armed.  YOU will be the one in for a surprise.  You need to stop talking about shit you don't know a damned thing about.  You may have had some NYC cops supporting gun rights years ago, but them cops are LONG gone.  It's a relatively young force and they don't see things the way you think they do, this I can assure you.

How many NYC cops do you know personally?  I know about 45 of them and I can assure you, I know what I'm saying and find it amusing that you think I don't.  Judge much?  You want me to stop talking about what I know to be a fact too?  Cancel Culture aficionado too?  

You really think police don't like it when a CCW saves their life when some thug is beating them to death?  

Believe what you like.  But you're wrong.

BTW, you could go down to NYC and video some cops telling you what they think if you believe you are correct.

Edited by Grouse

From my friend :
“On March 1, 1954, four armed Puerto Rican nationalists entered the United States Capitol building and drew guns and began shooting down into the floor of the House. It was the the most severe assault in the history of the Capitol building. In all, five members of Congress were hit, and some were critically wounded. They all survived. I find it ironic how some liberals claim the Capital breech of today, by irate Patriots, was the first such occurrence since 1812....Here's what I say to those liberal Useful Idiots: stop watching CNN or MSDNC!

8 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Tell that dude to get a haircut and maybe then I'll listen to him sing.  LOL

It's funny, I've been following him for a while, he writes some good country songs. When he first came on the scene, he was clean cut, and they tried marketing him as an artist. When that never went anywhere, he went to the long hair and strong Georgia accent. If you listen to his early stuff vs. his new stuff, you wouldn't guess it was the same guy. Regardless, the dude's a talented writer. 

There have been multiple times I've read replies to this thread and thought "Well doggone, would you look at that, that guy has an opinion that I don't agree with", and then let it go, because, "they might wear out my nerves, but they ain't changin' my mind". :) 

Edited by Splitear

From my friend Angelo Francica : “On March 1, 1954, four armed Puerto Rican nationalists entered the United States Capitol building and drew guns and began shooting down into the floor of the House. It was the the most severe assault in the history of the Capitol building. In all, five members of Congress were hit, and some were critically wounded. They all survived. I find it ironic how some liberals claim the Capital breech of today, by irate Patriots, was the first such occurrence since 1812....Here's what I say to those liberal Useful Idiots: stop watching CNN or MSDNC!

Anyone that calls, writes or implies that the individuals in the capital yesterday were patriotic or Patriots just might be guilty of sedition.

That's not to say that there wasn't patrotic, albeit misinformed individuals at the protest, however those sure as hell weren't the losers breaking into the capital, destroying property and fighting with the police.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Anyone that calls, writes or implies that the individuals in the capital yesterday were patriotic or Patriots just might be guilty of sedition.

That's not to say that there wasn't patrotic, albeit misinformed individuals at the protest, however those sure as hell weren't the losers breaking into the capital, destroying property and fighting with the police.

From whats coming out, it looks as if a large number of those "patriots" were right wing white supremacists and Qanon conspiracy nuts. 

If anyone considers them patriots, maybe you are part of the problem. 

ErIiuqXXMAEcPiA.png

Edited by cachemoney

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

How many NYC cops do you know personally?  I know about 45 of them and I can assure you, I know what I'm saying and find it amusing that you think I don't.  Judge much?  You want me to stop talking about what I know to be a fact too?  Cancel Culture aficionado too?  

You really think police don't like it when a CCW saves their life when some thug is beating them to death?  

Believe what you like.  But you're wrong.

BTW, you could go down to NYC and video some cops telling you what they think if you believe you are correct.

LOL, you must know the only 45 in the force ever to believe what you do.  Even going back 30 plus years most NYC cops would have preferred that no one had a gun.  But go on know it all, keep amusing us.

41 minutes ago, Splitear said:

It's funny, I've been following him for a while, he writes some good country songs. When he first came on the scene, he was clean cut, and they tried marketing him as an artist. When that never went anywhere, he went to the long hair and strong Georgia accent. If you listen to his early stuff vs. his new stuff, you wouldn't guess it was the same guy. Regardless, the dude's a talented writer. 

There have been multiple times I've read replies to this thread and thought "Well doggone, would you look at that, that guy has an opinion that I don't agree with", and then let it go, because, "they might wear out my nerves, but they ain't changin' my mind". :) 

I have Sirius radio in my vehicle and among other music I also enjoy listening to "Willie's Roadhouse" which plays the old classic country songs by singers like Johnny Cash, Charley Pride, Patsy Cline, Marty Robbins, etc.  They had such recognizable voices and memorable tunes.  I simply can't get into any modern day country song or performer.  They all sound the same and I can't think of any tune that stands out like the old ones did and still do to this day.  The new stuff is nothing compared to the old.

• Like 1

And watch out.... Biden's speaking now...... He'll crack down on those people..... he mentioned that if those were black BLM protesters that many more would have been shot.....

Basically saying WE.... the American people are racist. So.... Our guns will be going... bye bye.

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I have Sirius radio in my vehicle and among other music I also enjoy listening to "Willie's Roadhouse" which plays the old classic country songs by singers like Johnny Cash, Charley Pride, Patsy Cline, Marty Robbins, etc.  They had such recognizable voices and memorable tunes.  I simply can't get into any modern day country song or performer.  They all sound the same and I can't think of any tune that stands out like the old ones did and still do to this day.  The new stuff is nothing compared to the old.

I'm a singer in a country cover band. Most of what we do is "modern" country, and it is often mind numbing. Most of the popular songs are stupid, poorly written, and just overly boring. I'm fortunate that we do get to cover some older stuff, and sprinkle in some classic/southern rock. There are some good modern artists out there, but you really have to dig for them.

I echo your choice in Willie's Roadhouse, I spend most of my time listening to that channel.

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

From whats coming out, it looks as if a large number of those "patriots" were right wing white supremacists and Qanon conspiracy nuts. 
If anyone considers them patriots, maybe you are part of the problem. 

Maybe so, and even so they still had the right to peaceably assemble.
I dont think the reason for assembling speaks well of them, that is over turning a lawful election ....but that's another discussion entirely.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Specious comparisons ? 

That's political talk for don't bring up the evil past deeds of my party, while I'm condemning your party for doing the same thing. 

We've been witnessing these vile actions for almost two years now and not one peep about it, just Bail reform, defunding the Police and funerals.

I'm still waiting for the left to condemn the terrorist actions of ANTIF or BLM, but since both groups are the terrorist wings of the left, I won't hold my breath.

Your party has lost control of it's dogs and it's going to be fun watching them chew on their masters for awhile.

This is ridiculous. BLM is a laudable movement that calls for racial justice. Rioters and looters are not BLM and acts of vandalism were condemned by every Democratic leader. 

What we saw yesterday was a group of pathetic idiots who stand for nothing other than for Trump’s message of hate and false grievance. There was no election fraud as has been repeatedly concluded by Republican attorneys general and judges. 

To try to draw some equivalence between BLM and yesterday’s domestic terrorists is to insult America and everything she stands for. I know it’s fun to pick your tribe but is Trumpism really the hill you choose to die on?

This is ridiculous. BLM is a laudable movement that calls for racial justice. Rioters and looters are not BLM and acts of vandalism were condemned by every Democratic leader. 
What we saw yesterday was a group of pathetic idiots who stand for nothing other than for Trump’s message of hate and false grievance. There was no election fraud as has been repeatedly concluded by Republican attorneys general and judges. 
To try to draw some equivalence between BLM and yesterday’s domestic terrorists is to insult America and everything she stands for. I know it’s fun to pick your tribe but is Trumpism really the hill you choose to die on?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Congratulations bud, you win the prize for most asinine post of the week. :imsohappy:

Actually, drawing equivalence to BLM & any type of legitimate political movement is a slap in the face to all people, regardless of what their skin color may be, as well as anyone who served to keep this country free.

• Like 2

I am not surprised to see a lot of comments about the BLM protests. The white supremacy crowd gets a lot of leeway though. Lots of guys on here and in the country are really scared of the future and more equality,that's why they are all holding on to illusions and their alternative reality. 

What do you guys usually like to say? If you dont like it you can go live somewhere else. Take your own advice if you must...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am not surprised to see a lot of comments about the BLM protests. The white supremacy crowd gets a lot of leeway though. Lots of guys on here and in the country are really scared of the future and more equality,that's why they are all holding on to illusions and their alternative reality. 

What do you guys usually like to say? If you dont like it you can go live somewhere else. Take your own advice if you must...

Is this the white supremcist you are talking about or did they arrest him for being a black Latino white supremcist. You talk about more equality when I believe them to already be a equal so who is wrong here.

2B3A336C-CE05-4035-B7EB-4E5E841E52DE.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Is this the white supremcist you are talking about or did they arrest him for being a black Latino white supremcist. You talk about more equality when I believe them to already be a equal so who is wrong here.

2B3A336C-CE05-4035-B7EB-4E5E841E52DE.jpeg

There's idiots on both sides,that much we can agree on. But your side has more...haha