US Capital Lock Down

7 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I felt the same fnancially,i dont have any money in the stock market and no debts. A president only affects my finances marginally. As far as being secure from an attack,that does not even enter into my mind. How often has America been attacked in the last 50 years,or any first world country? Aside from domestic or  international terrorism.

I can say if there was a conflict i would rather have Obama at the helm than Mr. erratic.

wait till you get the gas bill in about a year from now when its up to 4  5  6 a gallon .

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, greg54 said:

They want to label anyone who voted for President Trump a terrorist, and the Left will use their media cheerleaders to spread their propaganda and hate. Yesterday Biden and Harris both using the race card in their hate speeches to have that repeated over and over by the fake news. 

The right would say that anyone who would dare vote for Biden is a total communist so how is that any different than Trump voters being called terrorists?  Both sides are completely F*%^ed up and neither one realizes it.

Just now, steve863 said:

The right would say that anyone who would dare vote for Biden is a total communist so how is that any different than Trump voters being called terrorists?  Both sides are completely F*%^ed up and neither one realizes it.

Well, not exactly. Trump voters are not terrorists. The subset of Trump voters who broke into the Capitol, by definition, are terrorist. 

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yes, you absolutely are. It’s been a tough year - Take a moment to get your bearings. 

so what's BLM stand for according to you?  obviously  you are clueless if you think it has anything to do with minority  rights .

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Truth is an instance of quoting one or many of the facts while describing or discussing the subject. The difference between truth and fact is that fact is something that cannot be combated with reasoning, for it is logic itself. But truth is something which depends on a person's perspective and experience.

so choosing truth over facts is only accepting points that frame to a specific agenda or support a certain preconceived idea?

2 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

so choosing truth over facts is only accepting points that frame to a specific agenda or support a certain preconceived idea?

Culver, I usually find your posts interesting and insightful, even when I don't necessarily agree with them.  I just have no idea where you're going with this one.

And, by the way- that wasn't my definition of the difference between the words 'truth' and 'fact'.  It was Webster's, if I recall correctly from the google search.

Edited by virgil

50 minutes ago, virgil said:

Culver, I usually find your posts interesting and insightful, even when I don't necessarily agree with them.  I just have no idea where you're going with this one.

And, by the way- that wasn't my definition of the difference between the words 'truth' and 'fact'.  It was Webster's, if I recall correctly from the google search.

Usually when presented with a set of facts people can draw conclusions from them. They can then decide to accept that as truth. That may not be the same conclusion that others reach when looking at the same facts. We see it all the time. Our frame of reference or beliefs can influence how we frame those facts to determine what the "truth" is. So in reality the truth can be a bit fluid but the facts can not be disputed.

Wildcat was using that meme to illustrate that he feels those in support of Trump disregard the "Facts". My post was actually to show that the right has no monopoly on that view since my quote was actually Biden's quote. People can choose how to interpret the facts to determine their "truth" but the facts are still the facts.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

Another question for you, what side would you have been on during the Boston tea party?  Would you be siding with our founding fathers or would you have been supporting the crown?  We're getting pretty close to back to those times, all be it a bit different but not really in principal.

Ever heard of taxation without representation?  Do you really think any of the elected officials (on either side) give a shit about you or I? Do you really believe they care about what's important to us?  I have a hard time believing they really do...

I think some of our officials try to do the right thing. Lots are there for their own reasons. The system is far from perfect,but it could be a lot worse too.

I would welcome changes but it is very hard to do against the establishment and just the general slow motion of congress and the Senate.

What is the alternative though? Democracy is a good idea on paper,but it is always people and greed that mess things up.This is on both sides of the isle.

I think this two party system is flawed,there should be more options. I also think the electoral college should be abolished and every vote should count the same. Of course it doesn't matter much what i think,only to me. And i dont even take myself to terribly serious.

Everyone looks at the world through their eyes,that is why Trump thinks he could not possibly have lost. He really thinks he is the greatest at about anything.

But that is why we should have discussions,to try to understand a different point of view. I get frustrated when people making absolute statements when reality is much more nuanced than what we write down here.

I may even be guilty of that too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phantom said:

wait till you get the gas bill in about a year from now when its up to 4  5  6 a gallon .

I wish gas would go up like that. They tax the hell out of it in Europe and automakers responded by making very fuel efficient engines. I drive a truck and getting 15 miles per gallon is ridiculous. Fuel effieciency has barely improved in the last 20 years here on the whole. 

You are looking at this problem from the wrong angle.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Usually when presented with a set of facts people can draw conclusions from them. They can then decide to accept that as truth. That may not be the same conclusion that others reach when looking at the same facts. We see it all the time. Our frame of reference or beliefs can influence how we frame those facts to determine what the "truth" is. So in reality the truth can be a bit fluid but the facts can not be disputed.

Wildcat was using that meme to illustrate that he feels those in support of Trump disregard the "Facts". My post was actually to show that the right has no monopoly on that view since my quote was actually Biden's quote. People can choose how to interpret the facts to determine their "truth" but the facts are still the facts.  

I wish the left and right could agree on the facts at least,but that seems to be happening very rarely these days.

33 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I wish gas would go up like that. They tax the hell out of it in Europe and automakers responded by making very fuel efficient engines. I drive a truck and getting 15 miles per gallon is ridiculous. Fuel effieciency has barely improved in the last 20 years here on the whole. 

They don't have big trucks because of that   in Europe so you will be screwed  if you want  a truck   good luck with  that people don't have a clue  .  

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I don’t believe in rising prices so high people in poverty or even above aren’t able to drive and better themselves as they can not afford new cars or gasoline. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

Just now, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I don’t believe rising prices so high people in poverty or even above aren’t able to drive and better themselves as they can not afford new cars or gasoline. 

Just now, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I don’t believe rising prices so high people in poverty or even above aren’t able to drive and better themselves as they can not afford new cars or gasoline. 

The democrat's ruling class thinks the peasants  should  be walking and taking public transportation not cars those are only for  the ruling class  . These guys are clueless .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

The democrat's ruling class thinks the peasants  should  be walking and taking public transportation not cars those are only for  the ruling class  . These guys are clueless .

I will be fine but I always try to keep other people’s  situation in mind. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

19 hours ago, crappyice said:

Put Covid aside if you can...it is indeed a global pandemic....has you life been better, worse or about the same over the past 4 years? Have you felt more secure financially and from attack? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crushed it ! We don’t touch our investments and they’ve gone up by good six figure amounts in that time . Our two kids an RN and CPA have gotten better jobs ,maxed out their 401k’s , outside investments , bought houses , Tesla stock  ,  they go traveling  to foreign counties , snowboarding and hunting . The RN just got a 4-5k wage adjustment and made 250% on Tesla . The hard part is they only have seen great gains and I worry they may think stocks just go up ,even though i taught them otherwise .

Isis suffered set backs and AQ is almost a thing of the past , the BLM folks have largely gone back to Smoking / selling weed and breaking into cars . 

Ive gone from carrying a double stack Glock with 16 rounds and two spare mags , to a single stack . Most days .....

Strongly thinking of buying a home out of state either for winters ,or perhaps full time , when taxes and political climate gets even worse here  . May start out winters then when Andy f@## it up even more  go ,full time . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

They don't have big trucks because of that   in Europe so you will be screwed  if you want  a truck   good luck with  that people don't have a clue  .  

You are one ignorant fella. The big mercedes and bmw have 300+ hp engines that get better than 20 mpg. some are 8 cylinders but run only two when you dont need the other six. There are no pick up trucks because they are an american thing. 

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

You are one ignorant fella. The big mercedes and bmw have 300+ hp engines that get better than 20 mpg. some are 8 cylinders but run only two when you dont need the other six. There are no pick up trucks because they are an american thing. 

I disagree with almost everything you post about politics.

But you got this one right, especially the first sentence. I do not look foward to gas price increases though. 

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

May I ask why you drive a truck  ? Needed for work ? I have one a Colorado as I dont need a big one but mostly drive a Subaru as I care for the environment. Share the love ! 

5-6 bucks a gallon will crush the working class  and poor .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1