US Capital Lock Down

19 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

You are one ignorant fella. The big mercedes and bmw have 300+ hp engines that get better than 20 mpg. some are 8 cylinders but run only two when you dont need the other six. There are no pick up trucks because they are an american thing. 

power sells 1!! those car cost$$$$ not saving any money because the cost of the car offsets the gas savings 

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I think some of our officials try to do the right thing. Lots are there for their own reasons. The system is far from perfect,but it could be a lot worse too.

I would welcome changes but it is very hard to do against the establishment and just the general slow motion of congress and the Senate.

What is the alternative though? Democracy is a good idea on paper,but it is always people and greed that mess things up.This is on both sides of the isle.

I think this two party system is flawed,there should be more options. I also think the electoral college should be abolished and every vote should count the same. Of course it doesn't matter much what i think,only to me. And i dont even take myself to terribly serious.

Everyone looks at the world through their eyes,that is why Trump thinks he could not possibly have lost. He really thinks he is the greatest at about anything.

But that is why we should have discussions,to try to understand a different point of view. I get frustrated when people making absolute statements when reality is much more nuanced than what we write down here.

I may even be guilty of that too.

Yes , I agree with this, Very well said :)

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

May I ask why you drive a truck  ? Needed for work ? I have one a Colorado as I dont need a big one but mostly drive a Subaru as I care for the environment. Share the love ! 

5-6 bucks a gallon will crush the working class  and poor .

The rich  do gooder dems  never think of the  unintentional consequences of their actions . like that one,  or  defund the police,   or the inflation that will happen if they keep spending like crazy these things effect the poor more then anyone else the very people they want to help .

Well , except for the electoral college thing because then urban voters and urban interests would have too much power in such a system where popular vote was counted straight up.
Honestly , it never ceases to amaze me how prescient the Founding Fathers were when they designed our current system of government . The electoral college ensures that ALL sections / regions of this great country are heard and have a significant Voice in our elections . Without said system , LA , NY City and Chicago would elect the president each and every election. NOT a good idea for any group to wield that much political power consistently !! Any governmental system without opposition or point of view will ultimately lead to tyranny and folly. Opposing point of view is necessary and is a positive good to ultimately arrive at the truth !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nomad said:

May I ask why you drive a truck  ? Needed for work ? I have one a Colorado as I dont need a big one but mostly drive a Subaru as I care for the environment. Share the love ! 

5-6 bucks a gallon will crush the working class  and poor .

i am a mason,so i need it for work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

A very poor and inaccurate analogy . Trump never became an authoritarian and did not start a war . Having said that , I will admit that I am disappointed in the Presidents conduct In the past several days and attribute much of what went down to him. I think he was A VERY good President but also , a VERY sore loser . Definitely a stain on his legacy . Too bad 

And what would Trump's next move be if his coup had been successful? It's a perfect analogy because Hitler improved the economy (although Trump inherited a growing economy for President Obama) and only after he had unquestioned support (loyalty) from those he had duped did he unleash his own depraved ambitions. How long would it have taken him to start a war with Iran with the help of his "ally" Vladimir Putin? How long would it have been before he declared "martial law" (something he floated to overthrow the election BTW) and granted himself special powers that usurped the Constitutional rule of law?

America dodged a bullet this time and once this deranged megalomaniac is out from under the umbrella of the office of President, he can be prosecuted for the crimes he committed before he entered office.

He was desperate to get 4 more years of immunity so that the statutes of limitation would run out on  the money laundering evidence that Deutsche Bank is sitting on.

The man is a fraud and has been for years. He inherited his fortune and squandered it on unwise real estate investments. His only success was selling his "brand" (AKA con man)

Edited by wildcat junkie

No Sir , that would never have happened, not even close To ever realistically coming to fruition. 
First of all , the economy was terrible under Obama , and that’s at least partly why Trump garnered Considerable  support for his own Presidential bid( among a host of other issues with Obama’s leadership).  Secondly ,  The Russian hoax is utter nonsense As the investigation concluded in 2019. Thirdly , he would never have declared a war as he was trying to get us out of wars and was highly critical of the Obama AND BUSH administrations for monotonous ongoing wars overseas that were costly and against American interests . More over, I believe that he governed that way and was clearly demonstrated during his term. 
Now , he may be a fraud , IDK and I’m not sure what that even really means . Was Obama a fraud ? Is Joe Biden? Maybe , may be not , I think they’re both good men but I also think that Obama was a very poor President and I fear that Biden May end up being the same ; however , I will reserve judgement until AFTER the man is President and has a chance to govern For awhile !!
One thing I can tell you that I do not believe that The incoming President is stupid or mentally unfit to serve due to gaffes when speaking that incidentally,  he’s made his ENTIRE LIFE in politics ! I think he tends to ad lib a bit too too much when he is talking but that’s all that it is and is overblown a bit ; but , he is not incompetent or mentally unfit to hold office . He’s sharp IMHO and will be fine in terms of capability ; I’m just not sure if I’ll agree too much with his policies , but we’ll see . Ultimately , IF he can bring us together , then he will have accomplished much ; I truly hope that he can . 

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat junkie said:

And what would Trump's next move be if his coup had been successful? It's a perfect analogy because Hitler improved the economy (although Trump inherited a growing economy for President Obama) and only after he had unquestioned support (loyalty) from those he had duped did he unleash his own depraved ambitions. How long would it have taken him to start a war with Iran with the help of his "ally" Vladimir Putin? How long would it have been before he declared "martial law" (something he floated to overthrow the election BTW) and granted himself special powers that usurped the Constitutional rule of law?

America dodged a bullet this time and once this deranged megalomaniac is out from under the umbrella of the office of President, he can be prosecuted for the crimes he committed before he entered office.

He was desperate to get 4 more years of immunity so that the statutes of limitation would run out on  the money laundering evidence that Deutsche Bank is sitting on.

The man is a fraud and has been for years. He inherited his fortune and squandered it on unwise real estate investments. His only success was selling his "brand" (AKA con man)

Sorry , My post in reference to Wildcats!! 

50 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

No Sir , that would never have happened, not even close To ever realistically coming to fruition. 
First of all , the economy was terrible under Obama , and that’s at least partly why Trump garnered Considerable  support for his own Presidential bid( among a host of other issues with Obama’s leadership).  Secondly ,  The Russian hoax is utter nonsense As the investigation concluded in 2019. Thirdly , he would never have declared a war as he was trying to get us out of wars and was highly critical of the Obama AND BUSH administrations for monotonous ongoing wars overseas that were costly and against American interests . More over, I believe that he governed that way and was clearly demonstrated during his term. 
Now , he may be a fraud , IDK and I’m not sure what that even really means . Was Obama a fraud ? Is Joe Biden? Maybe , may be not , I think they’re both good men but I also think that Obama was a very poor President and I fear that Biden May end up being the same ; however , I will reserve judgement until AFTER the man is President and has a chance to govern For awhile !!
One thing I can tell you that I do not believe that The incoming President is stupid or mentally unfit to serve due to gaffes when speaking that incidentally,  he’s made his ENTIRE LIFE in politics ! I think he tends to ad lib a bit too too much when he is talking but that’s all that it is and is overblown a bit ; but , he is not incompetent or mentally unfit to hold office . He’s sharp IMHO and will be fine in terms of capability ; I’m just not sure if I’ll agree too much with his policies , but we’ll see . Ultimately , IF he can bring us together , then he will have accomplished much ; I truly hope that he can . 

As I’ve said here before I have friend who went to,law school with Biden and was in his wedding party . He’s said he’s the least successful one of their group , and basically a clown . He cant hurt me much I’m old and very well off, you guys are on your own .

Making your entire life in politics is not a sign of much other then you can’t make it in on your own .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nomad said:

As I’ve said here before I have friend who went to,law school with Biden and was in his wedding party . He’s said he’s the least successful one of their group , and basically a clown . He cant hurt me much I’m old and very well off, you guys are on your own .

Making your entire life in politics is not a sign of much other then you can’t make it in on your own .

Well, he is the POTUS, so he seems to be doing ok for himself. Who are the rest of the group, Bill Gates, Bezos or Elon Musk ?

Are you insinuating that someone that commits his/her life to public service are not successful even if they reach the top position in their chosen field ? 

Do you have to meet a certain monetary goal to meet your criteria ? 

6 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Well , except for the electoral college thing because then urban voters and urban interests would have too much power in such a system where popular vote was counted straight up.
Honestly , it never ceases to amaze me how prescient the Founding Fathers were when they designed our current system of government . The electoral college ensures that ALL sections / regions of this great country are heard and have a significant Voice in our elections . Without said system , LA , NY City and Chicago would elect the president each and every election. NOT a good idea for any group to wield that much political power consistently !! Any governmental system without opposition or point of view will ultimately lead to tyranny and folly. Opposing point of view is necessary and is a positive good to ultimately arrive at the truth !  

I'm glad you addressed this issue, as it needed to be addressed.  Leftist support for elimination on the electoral college is just more proof they are not misguided.  They are dangerous.

3 hours ago, cachemoney said:

Well, he is the POTUS, so he seems to be doing ok for himself. Who are the rest of the group, Bill Gates, Bezos or Elon Musk ?  Yes he does OK for HIMSELF, but a politician is supposed to serve the people, NOT HIMSELF!

Are you insinuating that someone that commits his/her life to public service are not successful even if they reach the top position in their chosen field ?  Biden committed his life to serving himself.  He has never done a thing to serve the people. If he tried to work in the private sector, he would've starved by now.

Do you have to meet a certain monetary goal to meet your criteria ?   No, but you have to do it honestly and without corruption.  Biden is no better than a drug kingpin in the private sector.

16 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I wish gas would go up like that. They tax the hell out of it in Europe and automakers responded by making very fuel efficient engines. I drive a truck and getting 15 miles per gallon is ridiculous. Fuel effieciency has barely improved in the last 20 years here on the whole. 

You are looking at this problem from the wrong angle.

You also have to remember that Europe is a much smaller place overall, much of Europe is the size of just New England... Europeans don't need to travel as far to get to work, shop ect. I'm all for fuel efficient vehicles, but the US model is much different than the European one, and I also believe that most of the fuel efficient vehicles in Europe would not pass safety standards in the US.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phantom said:

power sells 1!! those car cost$$$$ not saving any money because the cost of the car offsets the gas savings 

Typical short sited thinking of the American car buyer. When you consider resale value a mid level Mercedes  cost less to own than a Buick.  American made cars have the worst depreciation of almost any. European and Japanese have the highest resale. That's coming from a GM retiree.

1 hour ago, Rack Attack said:

You also have to remember that Europe is a much smaller place overall, much of Europe is the size of just New England... Europeans don't need to travel as far to get to work, shop ect. I'm all for fuel efficient vehicles, but the US model is much different than the European one, and I also believe that most of the fuel efficient vehicles in Europe would not pass safety standards in the US.

yes exactly right on everything you said  .

So I don't see what's the harm of them doing  a in person  revote in those states  with ID  so the rest of us can know they had a real legit outcome .That's what its going to take to stop this  . The government is just asking for trouble with out ID in  elections . pretty much every other  county has ID laws AND most banned mass mail in voting  because  of fraud  . 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/alabama-man-charged-possession-eleven-molotov-cocktails-found-near-protest-us-capitol

Some of these people came prepared to carry out genuine terroristic attacks. I’m glad they weren’t able to carry out the full extent of what they were prepared to do. 

I hope investigators can track down all of these terrorists and hopefully crackdown on further potential attacks. I’m really torn on the suspension of Parler and the like, but I tend to come down on the side of shutting these things down since these type of platforms are where these people were radicalized and able to coordinate an attack that could have been much worse. 

Some of these people were radicalized in my eyes, no different than jihadists. They were convinced that this thing is a holy war, and Donald Trump is their prophet. I don’t know how some people can’t see the danger in this. They are not Patriots, they are fanatics. I just hope this stuff is snuffed  out and people can get back to being able to disagree. The idea of someone with a different perspective being your enemy is ridiculous, and is becoming very dangerous. 

This isn’t about someone supporting Donald Trump, it’s about these people who seem to almost worship him. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1