Good news max article about the media’s double standard

2 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

So you did want the Texas case seen in the Supreme Court that was denied on standing not merit? Are they self serving liars or is this just your view as the case was not seen? or do you not care the constitution was violated when election laws where made outside of the legislature.?

Who voted for the changes in the voting process in texas in the first place? Last time i checked there was a republican majority. Same in pennsylvania. Then they just didnt like the results.

9 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Trump was a jack@ss and that i think is what led to his demise. (if our voting system is correct which is another debate all together) But if you looked at his policies and what he did for not only the USA but the rest of the world with the middle east peace agreement, drawing down troops from the war on terror etc. i am not sure how you couldn't like at least a good portion of what he did. And you even said, he effected your life daily life very little. I can only pray for the same outcome with Biden but i won't hold my breath....

There's a lot to this. Every positive thing Trump did was undercut by his default venal asshole personality made worse and encouraged by his core fan base. Had he been able to act halfway presidential, he would be looking at a second term and possibly being on the road to leaving a positive legacy instead of this American carnage we now see.

Biden, while being way past his sell by date and the wrong guy to be a president at any other time, may be the right guy for the moment. If he can do a halfway job of calming, healing, dealing with covid, and getting the country moving forward, he will be known as the great healer and cement his place in history.

(In before Grouse/Rattler loses his mind.)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglemountainman said:

I have a feeling this country is going to be in much more turmoil in the next four years, than it was in the last four. Quite possibly, even a civil war. 

God save The Republic.

Hey,if trump only managed to get us to the edge of a cliff I am pretty sure biden can do no worse. Just wait and see.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Who voted for the changes in the voting process in texas in the first place? Last time i checked there was a republican majority. Same in pennsylvania. Then they just didnt like the results.

I am not sure where you are going with the voting process in Texas as they where not suing themselves. In regards to Pennsylvania I will provide a link to the basic issues as I see them.

https://www.post-journal.com/opinion/local-commentaries/2020/12/pa-election-law-is-unconstitutional/

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

And with 47 years in government service, what do you know about Biden's record?  Do you support all of his leftist, totalitarian record, or are you just not aware of any of it?  Do you know anything about the man or did you vote for him because you were told to?

Boy, those dems work at warp speed to impeach, but let people suffer during the pandemic. . Hope Trump does a document dump on the rats.. Obviously, the Rats are scared that trump has a few cards left to play on da bums. Gettin' the popcorn ready...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Boy, those dems work at warp speed to impeach, but let people suffer during the pandemic. . Hope Trump does a document dump on the rats.. Obviously, the Rats are scared that trump has a few cards left to play on da bums. Gettin' the popcorn ready...

Dems? I bet you'll see strong bipartisan support this time around.

10 minutes ago, Merlot said:

So exactly what cards does Trump have at this point that you need to get the popcorn out?  Pardon a few more people?  He's powerless otherwise.  Any outrageous orders he'd give would be totally ignored by military, staff, etc.   By the way I am against any impeachment or invoking the 25th amendment at this point.  Wouldn't solve anything.   I'd let him huff and puff and romp around the White House for the remaining two weeks and then he'll be asked to leave and he's done.   

26 minutes ago, steve863 said:

So exactly what cards does Trump have at this point that you need to get the popcorn out?  Pardon a few more people?  He's powerless otherwise.  Any outrageous orders he'd give would be totally ignored by military, staff, etc.   By the way I am against any impeachment or invoking the 25th amendment at this point.  Wouldn't solve anything.   I'd let him huff and puff and romp around the White House for the remaining two weeks and then he'll be asked to leave and he's done.   

Trump probably has something on some Dems and RINOs and may do a document dump. General Flynn probably advised Trump years ago on where the bodies are buried in DC, and the Demrats and RINOs are running terrified. otherwise, why the rush to get Trump out before the farcical  inauguration on the 20th???

Trump isn't going to be there, so what's the big deal? Now I hear Nancy is scared of Trump and the nuclear codes and has the national guard on standby. Boy, can the dems make a mess or what. Probably mess up the vaccine distribution too.

Trump has a card or two to play yet. Hope he does.

As I say, get the popcorn out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Trump probably has something on some Dems and RINOs and may do a document dump. General Flynn probably advised Trump years ago on where the bodies are buried in DC, and the Demrats and RINOs are running terrified. otherwise, why the rush to get Trump out before the farcical  inauguration on the 20th???

Trump isn't going to be there, so what's the big deal? Now I hear Nancy is scared of Trump and the nuclear codes and has the national guard on standby. Boy, can the dems make a mess or what. Probably mess up the vaccine distribution too.

Lol! This Trump guy means a lot to you, huh?

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Leftists are not saying there's no evidence.  They're saying nobody can prove it.  And they've made sure they can't.

you are so in touch with what the left thinks,what are you reading grouse? You got answers to everything,you must be very very smart indeed.

3 hours ago, Merlot said:

I think the rush to get trump out has maybe something to do with him as a president inciting a mob to march on the capitol? That is a big one,even compared to Trumps other shenanigans.

And the dems are making a mess? who was president for the ladt four years? Who handled the pandemic like a champ?

Ok,mikey out so you can get back to newsmax.

25 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I think the rush to get trump out has maybe something to do with him as a president inciting a mob to march on the capitol? That is a big one,even compared to Trumps other shenanigans.

And the dems are making a mess? who was president for the ladt four years? Who handled the pandemic like a champ?

Ok,mikey out so you can get back to newsmax.

and all the much worse riots for the past 3 years by the left ?   can we get rid of them to ? where they destroyed whole city blocks . 

23 hours ago, left field said:

This Newsmax?

One can say that about any news source, they all have run padded segments / articles.  It amazes me no matter what side your  on that no one cares about the the censorship and double standard  that the news and social media are doing and has no regard for freedom of speech. The anti trumpers  are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else even if it’s not the same as yours.

19 hours ago, left field said:

There's a lot to this. Every positive thing Trump did was undercut by his default venal asshole personality made worse and encouraged by his core fan base. Had he been able to act halfway presidential, he would be looking at a second term and possibly being on the road to leaving a positive legacy instead of this American carnage we now see.

Biden, while being way past his sell by date and the wrong guy to be a president at any other time, may be the right guy for the moment. If he can do a halfway job of calming, healing, dealing with covid, and getting the country moving forward, he will be known as the great healer and cement his place in history.

(In before Grouse/Rattler loses his mind.)  

I do not see this happening, Biden healing and moving the country forward. He’s not off to a  very good  start , calling the protestors thugs, a mob and terrorists. The idiots that busted in are,  but to make a blanket statement like that for all that were there , not good. The media and everyone else eviscerated trump for saying this about the summer riots. 

Believing any of the current batch of Biden cohorts will unify this country is typical leftist utopian fantasy.

They will spend the next four years attacking anyone that opposes them and seek to purge them from the political arena with heavy handed oppressive tactics, such as charging them with "hate speech" and "hate crimes" for speaking out in a way they will claim forments rioting.

They've already labeled ALL Trump supporters "domestic terrorists" and plan to use that to take away their right to free speech and right to protest oppressive legislation aimed at vilifying them.  Leftists are not benevolent tyrants.  They're evil ones and they use every underhanded unconstitutional tactic they can dream up to silence their foes.

BTW, that is exactly what Obama/Biden did for 8 years.  Why should anyone expect a different attitude over the next 4 years?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

One can say that about any news source, they all have run padded segments / articles.  It amazes me no matter what side your  on that no one cares about the the censorship and double standard  that the news and social media are doing and has no regard for freedom of speech. The anti trumpers  are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else even if it’s not the same as yours.

I don't think the challenge is finding unbiased news source as much as looking at wherever you get your news with a discerning and skeptical eye.

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

I do not see this happening, Biden healing and moving the country forward. He’s not off to a  very good  start , calling the protestors thugs, a mob and terrorists. The idiots that busted in are,  but to make a blanket statement like that for all that were there , not good. The media and everyone else eviscerated trump for saying this about the summer riots. 

I think the majority showed up with good intentions but there were many who did not. The cop who was beaten with a fire extinguisher and died can attest to that.

Take a look at this in the sober light of day and with an unbiased eye. A violent group broke into the very heart of government while it was in session and the first, second and third in the US line of succession were in attendance. They then occupied the senate chambers as well as various leaders private offices. 

Thugs? Yes.

A mob? Certainly.

Terrorists? I'll agree with that. 

Can Biden heal the country? I don't know. I hope so. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but by all accounts he is a decent man with a heart and that may be what the country needs. 

34 minutes ago, left field said:

I think the majority showed up with good intentions but there were many who did not. The cop who was beaten with a fire extinguisher and died can attest to that.

Take a look at this in the sober light of day and with an unbiased eye. A violent group broke into the very heart of government while it was in session and the first, second and third in the US line of succession were in attendance. They then occupied the senate chambers as well as various leaders private offices. 

Thugs? Yes.

A mob? Certainly.

Terrorists? I'll agree with that. 

Can Biden heal the country? I don't know. I hope so. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but by all accounts he is a decent man with a heart and that may be what the country needs. 

Do you think Biden comparing Cruz and Hawley to nazis is a good start to this healing? This is Hawley’s answer.

D5E69EB3-A211-416F-A222-A74007F44CB5.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, left field said:

Decent man with a heart? He's as corrupt as anyone in Washington, and has personally trained his own son to follow in his footsteps. He's been screwing the Delaware & US taxpayers for 47 years, has ties to China & the Ukraine, and ran on a campaign of higher taxes & gun control. Yes, he's got a few marbles bouncing around in his senile head and can usually shut up when his handlers direct him to. But this is not the man who is going to improve our country & make us all join hands & sing "Kumbaya". Not by any stretch of the imagination....

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

"By all accounts"??  Leftist main stream media accounts maybe, but nothing else.

It's as if leftists think he has no record and was sent to earth by Mighty Odin to save us all.  

It's not possible to get through to such people.

Edited by Grouse

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Decent man with a heart? He's as corrupt as anyone in Washington, and has personally trained his own son to follow in his footsteps. He's been screwing the Delaware & US taxpayers for 47 years, has ties to China & the Ukraine, and ran on a campaign of higher taxes & gun control. Yes, he's got a few marbles bouncing around in his senile head and can usually shut up when his handlers direct him to. But this is not the man who is going to improve our country & make us all join hands & sing "Kumbaya". Not by any stretch of the imagination....

I will not speak for his politics but my boss who is CEO of our company and her husband, a former Army ranger are both graduates of the University of Delaware and far from being left wing liberals .  They've been the guests of Biden several times at different functions and even dined in his house.  They consider him to be a very decent and respectful individual who from their observations has the uncanny ability to remember people and their names even if he's met them only once and many years before.  My boss is surely not complimentary of just anyone she meets, I can attest to that, but I'll take her opinion of Biden's character before I'll take opinions from anyone on this site who has never met the guy.

• Like 2