Handloaded Tungsten Coyote loads..

Whipped up a few Coyote loads for the 20ga.. Made Some 2x4 duplex's, straight 2s, and straight 4s in 1-3/8oz They are too expensive to waste on the pattern board without a Shot trap.. But 2 shots with 2 different chokes a .562 Sumtoy and a Factory Full. ..I Cant complain too much.. I do think I need to adjust the powder charge as the shot is way more patchy than I like.. Or a choke in between, This Seems to be too much wasted shot..  But it will work for now.. I have more shot coming to tinker with. These were at 60 yards.. Im thinking dead coyote out to 75+ with the tighter Choke, 60 Yards or so with the Full choke.. 

The #2tSS  get 4" of gel penetration at 115 yards

The #4tss gets 4" of gel penetration out to 85 yards

Bad coyote medicine right there.. 

Just like anything, its hard to get ahold of materials these days.. These also act as my home defense loads as well 

20210105_161024.jpg

20210105_162707.jpg

• Like 9

I finally picked up a dedicated yote gun[stoeger M3000 semi-atuo] still waiting on a kick's choke.Trying to put together some loads with #bb-#bbb and 4 buck nickle plated lead,but having trouble getting 3"shells and wads.I have some 23/4" to play around with for now.Hopfully sunday i can get it done.

That TSS is to rich for my blood.lol

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, rachunter said:

I finally picked up a dedicated yote gun[stoeger M3000 semi-atuo] still waiting on a kick's choke.Trying to put together some loads with #bb-#bbb and 4 buck nickle plated lead,but having trouble getting 3"shells and wads.I have some 23/4" to play around with for now.Hopfully sunday i can get it done.

That TSS is to rich for my blood.lol

Lets see your results if you get to pattern them, that'd be fun.  If you have bore mics or calipers, could you measur ethat chokes bore diameter Been looking online and I cant seem to find it, But watched a youtube video and a guy says its the equivalent of a full choke, just designed differently. Plz and thanks.  

I just picked up 5 12ga 2-3/4" Tungsten 3s. And hoping to have a few more made up for the 20ga this week. Got a different recipe from a buddy and a few tips to tighten up the pattern. Its just so hard to come by things anymore. I will be buying more shot soon though before its gone with the turkey gurus. 

• Like 1

Ya definitely I'm going to try a few crimped and rolled[thank to you] to see the difference.It looks like from what I've read the rolled have less volatility then the crimped.

I'll measure the choke if I find one,but the webite says .723 I'm going to check the full choke I have tonite

BENELLI STOEGER MOBILCHOKE BUCK KICKER 12G - Dan's Hunting Gear - Windwalker Outdoors