20 gauge slugs ?

luberhill

Myself ,I would go online to Buds, outdoor limited or one of the other few that ship ammo to your home ,find your slugs and put them on back order . Buy a few boxes at current rates when they come in , and hope down the road you can get more at lower prices .

• Like 2

I found a substantial amount of centerfire ammo at a Camping World today. Most people would not think to look at an RV dealership for ammo, but Gander Mountain and Overton's are (to the best of my knowledge) now owned by Camping World. This store had received a shipment the day before and was sold out of ammo for most scary black rifle calibers. However, they had a most popular hunting calibers. Sales were limited to one box for non Good Sam members and three boxes for Good Sam members. Membership in Good Sam is $29/year which may make sense if you are an RVer. Camping World has not raised their prices on ammunition and you can expect to pay pre- stupid prices. A store clerk told me that people immediately bought up the AR and pistol ammo -and sold it at inflated prices in the parking lot. I did not check on shotgun slugs since I only use a few a year and my meager stash should last a long time.

• Like 1

I found a substantial amount of centerfire ammo at a Camping World today. Most people would not think to look at an RV dealership for ammo, but Gander Mountain and Overton's are (to the best of my knowledge) now owned by Camping World. This store had received a shipment the day before and was sold out of ammo for most scary black rifle calibers. However, they had a most popular hunting calibers. Sales were limited to one box for non Good Sam members and three boxes for Good Sam members. Membership in Good Sam is $29/year which may make sense if you are an RVer. Camping World has not raised their prices on ammunition and you can expect to pay pre- stupid prices. A store clerk told me that people immediately bought up the AR and pistol ammo -and sold it at inflated prices in the parking lot. I did not check on shotgun slugs since I only use a few a year and my meager stash should last a long time.

Which location? Hamburg by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Don_C said:

Which location? Hamburg by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, this is not NY. I have a lifetime NY license and I hunt there, but I no longer choose to live there. The point is, the ammo is out there if you make the effort. I might have come off as a huge Camping World fan, I am not. As a long term RV owner I doubt I would ever buy an RV there. However, when I see the price gouging going on such as some of my local gun shops and Gun Broker are doing, I can not help but have a new found respect for Camping World.

I think if people would relax and give them a chance to build inventory it will be fine .

The dude at BPS said people are waiting there every day . They buy up everything, many just hoarding to resell etc ..

He said the ammo manufactures are balls to the wall right now ..

A lot of shut downs due to Covid .

Its just like the Lysol and toilet paper scare 

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

think if people would relax and give them a chance to build inventory it will be fine

I used to think that too, at this point I’m not sure when that’ll be . I’ve been through a few of these before , but none like this , if Biden brings up gun control in his first few months, look for it to continue through 2021 , at least .

Ammo is becoming like gold for some, a speculative commodity, to be held and sold or traded later . Or maybe even like bitcoin , guys will be talking about how they bought 10k rounds of 9mm ball for 20 cents a round dumped it at 80 cents . It is interesting  .

I know gun new owners who have offered  me good money for 9mm ball, I’ve given them some and just told them down the road , buy me a box in return .

But the concept is interesting, using  ammo as an investment or barter item has certainly shown promise . 

A bit bulkier then American Gold Eagles though .

Edited by Nomad