ATV 6 disk anyone use one of these?

For the price might be worth a shot at least. Thanks 
Why don't you find a local welding/fabrication guy and have one made like moogs. Alot of this store bought stuff looks great then buckles under pressure.
Maybe even contact a local BOCES program......you supply the materials and the kids and instruct weld one up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

We can't use any weed killer there and we can only use areas that are already cleared.  The soil should be good to go, it's in the muck lands area and rye already grows there in one of the spots we are looking at.  That soil there is great topsoil. We just need a way to rip it up to plant.  

Would the harrow work if I cut the grass real short then ran it over with a harrow? 

Thats what we did mow as short as you can, harrow should work fine in that application..I think you'll be happy 

15 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Light enough that if it does pick up sod you can just pick it up off the pile.

I’m assuming you angled the tines forward so it digs in and creates its own down pressure..  are the tines a single piece of angled Stella or is each one a “wedge” (two pieces welded together to make a wedge)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

For the price might be worth a shot at least. Thanks 

The little plow will work better on ground you cant spray.  Nice option on it is weight box.  You may need to add support to drawbar but that could be done with some angle steel a drill bit and a couple of bolts. Pretty easy to do,, good price on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Post the link where ya got it if you don't mind.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

they have them at sportsmans guide  https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-48-tow-behind-utv-atv-plow?a=775707&clrc=000&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2017 DSA Category - Outdoor Recreation&utm_term=&pm2d=SEM-SPG-DSA-SITE&gclid=CjwKCAiAi_D_BRApEiwASslbJ6YMQmBrp1P9Ip-GHk-dFZjABY6eppDqypi2rVt3IQoEnifuNykoqxoC8U8QAvD_BwE  ,

but i got this one on Ebay actually.  I found another site that had it for less than half price but it seemed ,...... um .....sketchy...lol so i went wiht the one on ebay.  Which was still a pretty good deal if it works. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Hey guys. 

Anyone interested in one like I made  Say $250 and you pick it up...Rochester, NY?

If you wanted a frame for adding solid AMU blocks or adding Olympic plate weights We could work something out. 

n/m Plz ignore, wont let me delete this post anymore

Edited by suburbanfarmer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Heres my new plots done with my version of the culver creek drag. Some were raspberry covered. Rotoed then dragged. Some just old goldenrod burned off. Brassica mix. Diakon straight up and clover in August. thanks culver creek for the idea

20210627_125134.jpg

20210627_124906.jpg

20210515_155810.jpg

20210627_125102.jpg

20210515_121417.jpg

20210417_153115.jpg

20210627_125038.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SWEDE said:

Heres my new plots done with my version of the culver creek drag. Some were raspberry covered. Rotoed then dragged. Some just old goldenrod burned off. Brassica mix. Diakon straight up and clover in August. thanks culver creek for the idea

20210627_125134.jpg

20210627_124906.jpg

20210515_155810.jpg

20210627_125102.jpg

20210515_121417.jpg

20210417_153115.jpg

20210627_125038.jpg

Looks like it did a nice job. Did you get much build up in the tines going trough the golden rod? sometimes it balls up a bit but the plow is so light you just pick it off. 

Yes a couple blocks. Rasberry roots build up goldenrod was sprayed dead and burned. No problem with that but just lift it and kick the buildup aside. Now that its done once i wont get debris. Gly 2 weeks before planting and another quck run over it. Spread .chain link drag lightly. Great soil lucky ph 6.7

18 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

@SWEDE

Did you add weight to use it?

• Like 1