Made in China insanity

Fletch

I call Chinese products, "CHINK". It stands for "Cheap Horrible Imitation Nasty Krap".

Ross Perot warned against NAFTA, he said you would hear a loud sucking noise as jobs leave this nation, but Clinton ( and the Repubs) signed it anyway.

I just bought a Buck knife and it was USA made. Sadly most foundrys have closed in the USA. All brake rotors come from China and warp after a couple years, or simply rust apart.

You fellas love to bitch it seems. Not all products made in China are junk. For what you pay for them, many items actually are pretty good. Try making them in the US for the price? Plenty of electronic items made there that work quite well. Plus I have bought plenty of items made in the US over the years that were pretty close to being junk, too. I have had numerous washers, dryers made in the US that needed constant repair, so exactly where was the American quality and craftsmanship on those items? Nowhere!

• Like 1

I run a small outdoor store where we have American made product sitting right next to Chinese made product (primarily kayaks). As an example the American made kayak costs $800 and the Chinese made product cost $500. The Chinese product is built just as well as the American product and outsells the American boats all day long. It costs more to produce product in the US and American consumers don't care where it's made as long as it's less expensive. If I just carried American made product I'd be out of business...

• Like 1

All this bitching about Chinese products being inferior, but most of you still buy Chinese. I hate the way that the economy is collapsing as well as the next person, but blaming the Chinese and their products is just ignorant. We live in a country where money talks, and bullshit walks. For most Americans, if they wanted to get ahead in life, they'll need to make adjustments to how they spend, and survive in the corporate world, even if that means buying Chinese products and outsourcing to 3rd world countries.

I'd rather risk buying a poorly made product for 1/10 the price of a quality product, anyday.

All this bitching about Chinese products being inferior, but most of you still buy Chinese. I hate the way that the economy is collapsing as well as the next person, but blaming the Chinese and their products is just ignorant. We live in a country where money talks, and bullshit walks. For most Americans, if they wanted to get ahead in life, they'll need to make adjustments to how they spend, and survive in the corporate world, even if that means buying Chinese products and outsourcing to 3rd world countries.

I'd rather risk buying a poorly made product for 1/10 the price of a quality product, anyday.

If nobody bitched, and just rolled over and accepted the screwing, nothing would ever change. I for one would rather fight back, even if it's a small gesture. I buy American every chance I get, like the old adage, you DO get what you pay for.

AMERICANMADEWORKBOOTS.COM I bought my first pair of Carolinas from them 8 months ago and they are better than any Red Wing or any other boot I have ever owned. Period. There is American stuff out there. You just have to look for it and be willing to spend what it's worth

Every pair of Carolina boots this place had were made in China. Some of them must make both.

Not for nothing but this reminds me of that kid who was trying to sue McDonalds for making him fat.

Plain and simple. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't understand why people buy it and then complain about it. No one if putting a gun to your head and forcing you to eat at McDonalds either.

• Like 1

Not for nothing but this reminds me of that kid who was trying to sue McDonalds for making him fat.

Plain and simple. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't understand why people buy it and then complain about it. No one if putting a gun to your head and forcing you to eat at McDonalds either.

?? I did not buy it if you were referring to me. I was just commenting on how hard it was to find American made boots. I have really made a concerted effort to try to buy more American goods.

And no I do not eat McDonalds either yik!

?? I did not buy it if you were referring to me. I was just commenting on how hard it was to find American made boots. I have really made a concerted effort to try to buy more American goods.

And no I do not eat McDonalds either yik!

No. A general statement. Not targetted at any one individual at all.

Edited by Elmo

I haven't eaten it since I decided to buy American. I have been looking for years and believe it or not it is all Chinese made.

Maybe we ought to ask them where they get the rice, beef, pork, chicken, chop sticks, etc. that they use before we put down the $4 for a meal?? I figure there has to be some American made or grown item in there somewhere.

Maybe we ought to ask them where they get the rice, beef, pork, chicken, chop sticks, etc. that they use before we put down the $4 for a meal?? I figure there has to be some American made or grown item in there somewhere.

Believe it or not some of this stuff is encouraged by our own Govt. Many of the projects we look at have requirements for "Rapidly Renewable Resoures". One of the largest available is BAMBOO. While we do have some it the states it is mainly shipped in.